Dr. Magna Parks-Porterfield, PHD

CounselingFemale

Dr. Parks-Porterfield

Carla Galusha Phd

936 Jeff Rd Nw Huntsville, AL 35806

Dr. Magna Parks-Porterfield, PHD is a Counselor in Huntsville, AL. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Parks-Porterfield to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check if Dr. Parks-Porterfield treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Parks-Porterfield accepts

Dr. Parks-Porterfield's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Parks-Porterfield

2.3

Dr. Parks-Porterfield?
  • Appointment scheduling (3)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (2)
  • Listened & answered questions (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (2)
  • Office environment (1)
I stopped counseling and became aversed, almost fearful of it because of Dr. Porterfield through BetterHelp. The straw that broke the camel's back was me on the verge of tears, not because of what I was discussing, but rather the level of disrespect in which she spoke to me & handled the session, saying things like " I don't know what else to do because nothing I seem to do sticks with you." When asked in session how I should respond to a situation that was challenging for me, & I replied “I’m not sure,” Dr. Porterfield’s response was “Really? After all of this time that we’ve spent, you don’t know what to do?” I ended the session Other red flags: Recommending supplements that were contraindicated for pharmacotherapy I was on. She is not qualified for that. “Why do you always come on screen appearing like you are so down or woe-is-me.” Honestly, with a Ph.D., I do not think that I should have to explain to a psychologist why someone with depression isn't joyful all of the time.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Magna Parks-Porterfield, PHD?
I spoke with Dr. Porterfield on BetterHelp and she was kind yet direct in her approach. I truly appreciated her take on forgiveness. I was forced (not negatively) to face things that I had surpressed for over 20 years. I am truly thankful for Dr. Porterfield. I was not able to contine services as it was not within my budget. I did however recently purchase her book and I hope to gain more insight upon reading. Thank you Dr. Porterfield, I am truly thankful for you!
Atlanta, GA – Feb 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Magna Parks-Porterfield, PHD?
Used Dr. Porterfield's services on the BetterHelp app. Basically the only advice she could give me was "just think differently" as if thats just some switch I can flip. Seemed eager to have me stop using her services. If I spend more than a day or two without engaging I would get a hopeful "are you cancelling your service?" Her services in person might be better...I don't know...
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Magna Parks-Porterfield, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Parks-Porterfield?

• Counseling