Madeline Rice, LCSW

Madeline Rice, LCSW

Eating Disorders  ·
Female  ·
Madeline Rice, LCSW is an eating disorders specialist in Conshohocken, PA. She specializes in eating disorders, social work, and more.Read her story

506 Dogwood Ln

Conshohocken, PA 19428

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Madeline Rice

Madeline Rice's bio

This content was provided by Madeline Rice "I received my Masters in Social Work in 1989 from New York University. I have experience working with adults and adolescents in school, psychiatric inpatient and outpatient settings. My clinical focus has been predominantly working with women with eating disorders and related issues of anxiety, depression, trauma, self esteem, identity and body image. Trained in EMDR in 2011, I have incorporated this technique in my work with clients resulting in dramatic results. This approach is designed to release clients of the hold that old wounds/traumas have on their current functioning in a way that traditional 'talk therapy' often does not. I also trained in Family Based Therapy (FBT) in 2003. FBT is based on the principle that families have inherent strength and wisdom to help their daughters to get well and stay well. This approach boasts significantly higher rates of recovery and relapse prevention. My approach involves creating an outpatient 'team' to support the client in recovery that can include any combination of professionals including a medical doctor, psychiatrist, nutritionist and school counselors."

This content was provided by Madeline Rice "I believe that we can change our own experience and overall fulfillment in life by developing a deeper understanding of ourselves and our behavior patterns.

When something painful happens leaving us feeling powerless and hurt we develop defenses to protect ourselves. When defenses become rigid patterns, what once protected us begins to work against us. Rigid defenses compromise our ability to love and be loved, to pursue our goals and to experience our self worth. The process of therapy is bringing these defenses into our conscious awareness so that we can let go of what is unhealthy and develop new ways of being so that we can experience fuller relationships with others and ourselves."

• Eating Disorders
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Clinical Social Work
  • Social Work

Madeline Rice does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• New York University
    Other Education | Completed

Madeline Rice has no awards or honors listed.

Madeline Rice has no media or publications listed.

Madeline Rice does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Madeline Rice and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Madeline Rice's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Madeline Rice

Madeline Rice?
Madeline Rice's Performance

How was your experience with Madeline Rice?