Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Lorenc Malellari, MD
Dr. Lorenc Malellari, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Malellari is affiliated with Mercy Hospitals and Bakersfield Memorial Hospital.

3838 San Dimas St Ste B231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Malellari

Dr. Malellari's Experience

Dr. Malellari's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Pelvic Prolapse Repair via Robotic Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Robotic Assisted Procedure
  • Sphincterotomy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Seton Hall University, New Jersey
  • New York Medical College Westchester Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • University Of California Irvine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Malellari has no media or publications listed.

• Albanian

Dr. Malellari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Malellari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Malellari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Malellari to family and friends
Dr. Malellari's Performance
in Bakersfield, CA |
Very attentive and caring. And always explain very good. He takes time for every patient!
in Bakersfield, CA |
I was having problems for over a year and a half with diverticulitis. Intestinal problems three hospital visits. I met with Dr. Malellari to discuss surgery. I felt good after he explained the surgery and what to expect. He was very informative and easy to talk to about it. The surgery went great and Im feeling a lot better and everything is back to normal.
in Tehachapi, CA |
From the initial consultation, to surgery, to follow-up care, Dr Malellari was extremely caring, knowledgeable and professional. I was extremely nervous about my surgery but he took the time to explain my situation in detail and answered every question my husband and I had. I do not use any blood or blood products and this did not prevent Dr Malellari from doing his very best surgery for me! I am healing wonderfully. His staff are very caring and congenial. The WOC RN Pam is very helpful.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Malellari is one in a million. He explains procedures with proficiency and listens to questions while answering with respect and expertise. He is compassionate, caring, and warm. I trusted him with my surgery and would trust him with any of my friends and loved ones.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr Malellari is top notch! He doesn't talk down to you and actually listens to what you have to say. He explains the procedures in detail (should you want to hear it) and will provide visuals so you are at the very least, aware of what to expect. Although it was a group effort among many different doctors, Dr. Malellari performed a life saving surgery on my part, and I am thankful to still be on this side of the dirt to tell about it!
in Tehachapi, CA |
I highly recommend Dr. Malellari. He is knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and highly efficient. He takes his time in explaining your case, based on the latest testing results and makes sure you understand your options and preferred outcome. He is not rushed and answered all my questions and that of my family. He visited me each day while confined in the hospital. His staff is friendly and caring. If you are in need of a good surgeon, Dr. Malellari is the Doctor that I would recommend.
Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Malellari is friendly, professional, and thorough (from the initial visit to my surgery up to follow up check ups) One of the best doctors I had so far.
in :) |
Very thorough, prompt, understandable explanations and with very good manors!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Love this Dr.! He is very up front and explains everything in terms that you can understand.
in Bakersfield, CA |
My experience with Dr. Malellari was excellent; he answered all my questions before and after surgery. I would recommend Dr. Malellari to any one needing colon-rectal surgery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Malellari was very thorough when explaining the surgery I was recommended by Dr. Bhogal to have. He took the time to answer any and all questions I had and that I understood the importance of having the surgery. I consider Dr. Malellari to be an excellent Doctor and Surgeon with a caring attitude towards his patients. I am very happy with the outcome of my surgery and would highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Malellari is absolutely the best Dr. I have ever had. I have had many surgeries throughout my life and have had good Drs and terrible Drs and Dr. Malellari is hands down the best. He is meticulous, caring, and down to earth. He will listen to you and address all your concerns. He will explain everything to you about your medical care. He doesn't rush you. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing surgery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Even though it was a very serious surgery, Dr. Malellari put my wife and I at ease with his explanation of the procedure. It was clear what to expect after the surgery and the recovery procedure and time frame. Very friendly and courteous.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Malellari is very professional. He answers your questions unlike many doctors. He scheduled my surgery sooner than planned to save me new deductibles being near the end of the year. He is very approachable, actually cares and has a good sense of humor. I didn't know what to expect but apparently he did a very good job I had very little pain and no post-operative problems. I felt comfortable he knew what he was doing and I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs this kind of surgery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Malellari and his staff are amazing. The previous review about him being a Godsend, all true! At time when you are at your worst, going through something extremely personal, not to mention painful, he is a breath of fresh air. He is thorough, knowledgeable, and extremely kind and patient. I always feel heard, he takes as much time as necessary to explain procedures and make you feel comfortable. I highly recommend him- I've seen others and they do not compare!
in Bakersfield CA |
Great bedside personality. He was very comforting for me and my family while going through a very scary and potentially embarrassing time. I'm so glad that I was able to see someone with his expertise here in Bakersfield. Thanks so much Dr. Malellari!
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Malellari was God sent. Our mother was taken to the emergency room for the 2nd time with diverticulitis & an abscess. Dr. Malellari was the surgeon on call and showed the upmost concern for our 81yr old mom. She was very ill and he came to see her every morning, night & even weekends. He answered all our questions and was very patient with her large family even to the point where we felt as if he was taking care of his own mom. Her surgery was a success. He is awesome, saved our mom's life!?
Have you seen Dr. Lorenc Malellari, MD?
Are you Dr. Malellari?