Chiropractic  |
Dr. Lonny McKinzie, DC
"The body has an amazing, innate power to heal itself but only if there is nothing interfering with that healing", said Dr. McKinzie. "Small miracles happen daily within our practice, from stopping migraines, to preventing back surgeries, and all sorts of issues in between. Our nutrition patients lose weight, get rid of heartburn, allergies, GI distress, brain fog, hold their adjustments longer and top it off with better quality sleep, more energy and a better sex life." Let us help you get on the path to better health for a lifetime. Education A little about myself I received my B.S. degree from Missouri State University with a major in Biology and minor in Chemistry and in 1990 my Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas. Having been a chiropractic patient since the age of 14, I knew the benefits. My road to becoming a doctor began with a career in the oil & gas business. I spent 10 years as a drilling fluids engineer and technical service manager and may not have become a chiropractor had the oil field not crashed in the mid-80s. That opened the door to go back to school and pursue a degree in chiropractic. I knew how well the upper cervical technique worked and so even before graduation, I began obtaining advanced training in Specific Spine Care that focused on the Atlas/C1 area of the neck. My other postgraduate studies include Advanced Spinal Care, Upper Cervical radiology analysis, as well as, sports injuries, myofascial release, chronic pain, whiplash, and spinal trauma. I also have certification in the Torque Release Technique and Applied Clinical Nutrition. Chiropractic Patient First If you are experiencing severe migraine headaches, I can understand your pain. My headaches were so severe I would have to go to bed, turn out the lights and try to sleep; even prescription medication did little to relieve the pain. And if you suffer from low back pain I can identify with that as well with several bouts of LBP. Chiropractic and specifically Upper Cervical care has always taken care of the headaches and low back pain. Our Office After graduating from Parker College of chiropractic I opened an office in Flour Bluff (a suburb of Corpus Christi) and practiced for 14 years there. I sold that practice in 2005 and moved to Tyler. I took over Weaver Chiropractic on West Front Street but in 2013 moved to the Atelier Office Condominiums at 3600 Old Bullard Rd, Ste.350. This tranquil unique location fits perfectly with our desire to offer gentle, specific chiropractic care, nutritional consulting, Beautiful Image therapy, the AromaTouch technique and other essential oil applications. Community I enjoy being active in the community and regularly present a monthly health class and speak to clubs, organizations, as well as facilitate a monthly Processed-Free Living support group. I have a diverse practice, including family care, sports injuries, auto injuries, many chronic and difficult cases as well as nutritional support for those conditions. I enjoy volunteering and offering chiropractic care to ministry organizations and a local community clinic. Family My wife Rhonda and I have two grown children and two granddaughters. We enjoy spending time together, tending our garden and raising our own vegetables and all that East Texas has to offer.

3600 Old Bullard Rd Ste 350

Learn about Dr. McKinzie

As a specialty chiropractic practice, we serve patients who have a variety of conditions from musculoskeletal to nutritional deficiencies. Many patients we see have not experienced success with traditional medicine or chiropractic care or who may have never had chiropractic care. A number of our patients drive considerable distance to receive care at our office. The patient is encouraged to take responsibility for their health and we come along side to assist, motivate, maintain care and listen.

• Chiropractic
  • Applied Clinical Nutrition
  • Nutrition Consulting
  • Nutrition Education

Dr. McKinzie does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Injuries

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. McKinzie has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. McKinzie has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McKinzie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKinzie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McKinzie's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. McKinzie?