Lisa Taylor-Austin, LPC

Lisa Taylor-Austin, LPC

Counseling  ·
Female
Lisa Taylor-Austin, LPC is a counselor in Milford, CT. She specializes in counseling, pediatric mental health, and more.Read her story

57 Plains Rd Ste 2C

• Oxford Health Plans
  • Value Options

Learn about Lisa Taylor-Austin

Lisa Taylor-Austin's bio

This content was provided by Lisa Taylor-Austin "Lisa Taylor-Austin counsels children (6 years old and up), adolescents and adults. Her approach is down-to-Earth. Ms. Taylor-Austin is a Licensed Professional Counselor (CT-001282); National Certified Counselor (23147); Licensed Mental Health Counselor (NY -001617) and a National Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator (0023). Ms. Taylor-Austin holds a Master of Science in Counseling from SUNY Brockport (CACREP accredited) and a Bachelor of Science in Developmental and Behavioral Disabilities with a minor in African-American Studies & Health. She also completed post-masters coursework in counseling, education, gangs and substance abuse at SUNY Brockport, California State University at Los Angeles, Loyola Marymount University, and the University of New England. Ms. Taylor-Austin has been an instructor at Yale University, Loyola Marymount University and the University of Southern California. Lisa Taylor-Austin has been a clinician since 1988 and has worked in forensics since 1997. As a National Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator – Diplomate Status (CFMHE) she knows the important role that understanding mental health issues has in the legal arena. Ms. Taylor-Austin holds the distinction of being the only Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator and Certified Forensic Behavioral Analyst in the state of Connecticut. She has trained with Dr. Gregory Vecchi, Chief (retired) of the Behavioral Sciences Unit of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Having experience since 1988 working with children and adolescents, Ms. Taylor-Austin understands child and adolescent issues and the educational systems. She has worked in K-12 public and private school settings, as well as collegiate settings on the west and east coasts of the country. She often sees teachers and other educational staff, as she understands the stress of these professions. Ms. Taylor-Austin holds Professional membership status in the American Counseling Association (ACA) and serves on the Board of Directors for the Forensic Social Sciences Association in San Fransisco, California. She is also an Associate Member of the Florida Gang Investigator's Association (FGIA)."

This content was provided by Lisa Taylor-Austin "I am a down-to-Earth Licensed Professional Counselor who respects my patient's values and opinions. As a counselor my role is to help my patients by giving them a new perspective to their situation, educate them about options, teach them new skills, and provide hope. Most people would like to get through their issues and concerns as quickly as possible and move forward with their lives. For these people I do provide breif counseling. For others, they may need to stay in counseling for three months to two years, depending their diagnosis and depth of issues. I communicate with my patients so that we are working on goals together."

• Counseling
  • Mental Health
  • Pediatric Mental Health
  • School Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Lisa Taylor-Austin does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Counseling Services
  • Individual Therapy

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• SUNY Brockport
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • SUNY Brockport
    Other Education | Completed 1988
  • University Of New England / Main Campus
    Other Education | Completed

Lisa Taylor-Austin has no awards or honors listed.

Lisa Taylor-Austin has no media or publications listed.

Lisa Taylor-Austin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Lisa Taylor-Austin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Lisa Taylor-Austin's Reviews

4.3
Likelihood of recommending Lisa Taylor-Austin to family and friends

Lisa Taylor-Austin's Performance

I saw Lisa for counseling in NY years ago. She then moved to CT. While I was visiting family in CT recently, I was able to return to see her. She helped me resolve unresolved issues and was able to bill my insurance for a small copay. Fast call back. Best around.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I saw Lisa for counseling for my anxiety. She was knowledgeable, helpful and professional. She taught me new coping skills and made the billing with my insurance company very easy with no problems at all. I liked that she was able to accommodate my schedule after work. I moved away but if I hadn't...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Always on time. Nice lady. Very organized. We didn't know our insurance coverage and she found out for us. She encouraged us to also call to make sure we have the same info. We called and were told the same thing she was. When she processed the claim, they paid a different amount and she promptly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I find Ms. TAYLOR-Austin to be a very down to earth professional. By this I mean that she meets you where you are. She allows one to feel safe secure and that your mental health is her goal. I would definitely recommend her to my inner circles.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your review. We like to be of service to others.

Quick response time. Got an appointment quickly. Kind and knowledgeable.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your review. We like to be of service.