Nutrition  |
Female
Lisa Carlson, RD
Hello! I'm Lisa. I'm a licensed dietitian nutritionist, a healthy-eating coach, and a culinary nutritionist with a bachelor's degree in nutrition from Cornell University and a master's degree in nutrition communications from Boston University. I also completed my dietetic internship at the Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Oregon. I've spent much of my career helping people reach their goals (from personal to professional), and I believe my "calling" is to help guide people to make healthful food and fitness choices that are sustainable and fit your lifestyle. One of my passions is "Seductive Nutrition," a program that focuses on helping people take small positive steps to prepare and choose "delicious" and "nutritious" food with the goal of feeling satisfied, nourished, and energized. I first became interested in food and nutrition when I was a high school athlete. I could eat anything I wanted because playing sports (soccer and basketball) burned lots of the calories. I stayed well hydrated and ate a balanced diet of whatever tasted great, especially pizza. When I entered college, I got to meet the Freshman 10 (not 10 new friends, but 10 unwanted pounds). It compelled me to study the science of nutrition and food, and I'm so glad I did. Currently, I teach Nutrition Counseling and Health Communications at Dominican University, so you could say I practice what I teach. I have more than 20 years of experience in the food, nutrition, and magazine industry (worked for iconic brands such as Quaker Oats, Gatorade, Tropicana orange juice and Lipton tea, and as an editor/writer for COOK's Magazine and Glamour). I also spent about seven years participating in the Culinary Institute of America's World of Healthy Flavors and Menus of Change conferences, so nutrition and food changes always come with a culinary focus.In addition, I have extensive experience working with both adults and children on their nutrition and health needs. My passion is helping people find a plan that works for them and guiding them along the way so they can be successful. I understand that food and eating is very personal, so I like to take an individual approach. I know that food habits are often the hardest to change because our food preferences are so ingrained and we have many stories associated with our food and wellness choices. I honor these stories and like to help clients find new food and wellbeing stories. On a personal note, I love to travel, cook, garden and prepare healthful foods. I enjoy trying new dishes, new recipes, and new activities (such as photography, painting and yoga). I also try to be kind to the earth so I walk, bike and take DIVVY or public transportation as much as possible. I love the journey as much as the destination, and I would be honored to guide you on your personal journey.

Portrait Health Centers

• Dietetics
  • Nutrition Consulting
  • Nutritional Therapy
  • Pediatric Nutrition

Lisa Carlson does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Cornell University
    Medical School | Graduated

Lisa Carlson has no awards or honors listed.

Lisa Carlson has no media or publications listed.

Lisa Carlson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Lisa Carlson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Lisa Carlson's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Lisa Carlson?