Dr. Linda McElroy, PHD

Counseling ·  Female

Dr. McElroy

Dr. Linda McElroy, PHD is a counselor in Gainesville, FL. She specializes in counseling.

Make an appointment

Dr. McElroy accepts

Dr. McElroy accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. McElroy treats your condition or procedure

• Counseling

Dr. McElroy's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McElroy

3.0

Dr. McElroy?
Dr. McElroy's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Linda McElroy, PHD
I've been going to Dr. McElroy for over a year for sexual abuse/relationship based issues for over a year. She has been nothing but supportive of me and has saved me from an emotional fallout multiple times. I'm so thankful for her perspective. She may be strict with her appointments, this is true (she has a 24hr cancellation policy), but I don't see that as a con. She's valuing her time and she is in high demand, if she wasn't strict about it then people could walk all over her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Linda McElroy, PHD?
Do not go see her. She always attacks people and then tries to act like she is just doing her job. She reads way too much into everything. When you tell her something you dream of or want to do she says "Well that's nice to think about but it's probably not going to happen." She doesn't trust you and what you say. She always thinks you are lying. I was always punctual and committed to being there on time. I got sick and she didn't believe me and gave me crap for it. She thought I was lying.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Linda McElroy, PHD?
This woman is a piece of work. I went to see her several times over a period of a few months and she though she comes off professional, she has a vindictive streak. I missed a visit with her and she charged me and when I refused to pay due to services not rendered for that day - she sent me to collections. Now I wonder how that would've played out had I had real psychological issues; people in her profession need to be in it because they want to help people, not simply for the paycheck.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Linda McElroy, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. McElroy?