Leslie Gray, MACOM

Leslie Gray, MACOM

Acupuncture  |
I have lived in 8 states East to West, North to South and in Canada. I have worked in the operating room for 19 years at many University Level 1 Trauma hospitals in TN, TX, AZ, CA and MT. I was stuck in surgery with a contaminated needle in 1991. In 1996 I was positive for the Hepatitis C virus. In the hospital, I was working with 12 others who had the HCV, 10 people who took the treatment for HCV said they would never do it again because the side effects were so bad and they did not get better. I was already sick, I did not want to be sicker. I began reading natural healing books and found dandelion to be a great medicine for the liver with milk thistle. My yard was covered in dandelions. I ate raw dandelions, I ate the leaves and roots. I made tea with the roots. I did not know exactly what to do but I felt that the dandelion was better than a Western drug that did not have a good healing rate. I moved to California and sprained my ankle learning to surf. I had broke that ankle 10 years prior. Instead of going to urgent care for pain medication and instructions to wrap it, ice it and elevate my ankle, I wanted healing for my ankle, not drugs. I went to see an acupuncturist. He noticed that my liver was inflamed and said he can treat my ankle and my liver. I was in shock that he saw my liver had problems. After his treatment I found out his partner was a Liver Cancer MD from Nanjing, China doing research with San Diego State University on liver cancer. I knew I needed to see her. She put me on herbs to cook at home and drink every day, 3 times a day. I had acupuncture 3 times a week for a few months. I felt the best I felt in many years. My hepatologist at the University of Irvine, CA was amazed that my liver panels were better and I was not taking Western Medication. He said whatever I was doing was helping me and not to stop. I decided then to go to acupuncture school. I started my education at South Baylo University in Anaheim, CA. I began an orthopedic acupuncture program outside of school and my internship was in Beijing, China at 5 hospitals in Beijing. While in Beijing, the other participants knew different styles of acupuncture than I did and I wanted to learn what they were being taught. So when I returned to the States, I changed schools, to Emperor's College of Traditional Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, CA. I graduated in 2003. I have held an acupuncture license in AZ, MA and in FL. I have been licensed since 2004. In MA I had a happy acupuncture business treating the local communities. I was nominated as the Best in Acupuncture for 3 years in a row for the South Shore. I had fun and did my best as I have always done. Here in AZ I now hold a steady community acupuncture service at a sliding fee to make acupuncture treatment affordable. I held community acupuncture only twice a week for a few hours in MA. That was a good support to those in need. Phoenix area is different and not like the small towns I served in MA. Now I am doing what is best for a large community. I look forward to being a good health reference and resource to attaining improved health.

4358 W Thunderbird Rd

Glendale, AZ 85306

Learn about Leslie Gray

This content was provided by Leslie Gray "I do my best at performing an acupuncture treatment that makes a positive difference for your body. I work with integrity and honesty in all I do.

If I do not do what you need I will find out who does what your needs are and refer you to them. I am not able to fix everything. I am not specialized in all. I do have multiple trainings and experience for a variety of specialties.

Your care is unique to your needs always. "

• Acupuncture
  • Spa Medicine
  • Sports Medicine
  • Sports Medicine Pain Management
  • Substance Abuse Counseling

Leslie Gray does not have any board certifications listed.

• Asthma

• Pain Management
  • Physical Examination
  • Physical Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Arizona
  • St Mary Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Emperor's College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 2003

Leslie Gray has no awards or honors listed.

Leslie Gray has no media or publications listed.

Leslie Gray does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Leslie Gray and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Leslie Gray's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Leslie Gray?