Leah McMillan, LMFT

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Female · Age 40

Leah McMillan

Vandemark psychiatry and counseling

2109 N Patterson St Ste B Valdosta, GA 31602

Leah McMillan, LMFT is a marriage & family therapist in Valdosta, GA. She specializes in marriage & family therapy, developmental-behavioral pediatrics, and more.

Leah McMillan accepts

Leah McMillan accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
TriCare for Life
Tricare South
Value Options
WellCare

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check if Leah McMillan treats your condition or procedure

Leah McMillan's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Mood Disorders
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Physical Abuse of Adult
  • Physical Abuse of Child
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Rape Trauma Syndrome
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Dr. McMillan specializes in an eclectic modality of therapy utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy, person-centered therapy, solution-focused therapy, mindfulness, and systems thinking. Dr. McMillan sees patients ages 5 years to 65 years.

• Marriage & Family Therapy

4.0

Leah McMillan?
Leah McMillan's Performance
What People Say About Leah McMillan, LMFT
Phenomenal counselor, helped me through marriage counseling and listened to us both and gave us both areas to improve on. My wife and I wouldn't be where we are now in our marriage without her help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
Leah helped my son cope with a terrible divorce and the aftermath of the divorce. She taught him skills to use his own voice and make sure that the adults in his life hear his voice. He gained self control and is better able to control his anger issues. These issues stemmed from the negative situation he was in while at the other parents house, but with Leah’s assistance and great attention to detail he was able to rise above and show the full picture. Leah is very respectful and compassionate
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
Dr. McMillan is very easy to work with inside and outside the office. One time there was an emergency and she showed up in a matter of minutes. Sometimes her advice is hard to hear, but in the end she was always right and had my best interest at heart. I am happy to say my family and I are doing great now because of Dr. McMillan!
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
Ms. McMillan has helped my daughter learn to cope and deal with her social anxiety and depression in an positive way. She has also helped us as a family deal with issues in co-parenting as my husband and I are divorced. She is blunt but has always remained professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
I would definitely recommend Leah McMillan to anyone needing a therapist. She was very professional and was able to help my son deal with some issues he was having relating to his father. She has never been anything but kind, courteous, and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
Leah is so kind and compassionate. She has helped me so much with my anxiety and depression. She was always there to speak the truth to me when I was struggling with panic attacks. I feel that she truly cares about her patients and she is passionate about her job. I have seen other therapists and she is the first one that I felt really listened and didn't just push me towards medication. She has taught me beneficial techniques to cope.
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
Awesome experience with Ms. Leah. She listens to me and has helped more than anyone ever has. Very thankful for her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
I have known Leah for 8 years. As an attorney in Valdosta I have sent over 30 clients to her for individual therapy or therapy for their children. These people need a patient person for themselves or the children for a stressful time in their life. Every client I have sent there absolutely loves her. She goes above and beyond to make herself available for emergencies. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs a therapist. She has fair to both mothers and fathers in all of my cases.
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
She is definitely biased towards the mother. It doesn’t matter what I say or do, things are always my fault. She doesn’t care that my kids are unhappy in the living conditions that they are in. I would not recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
I would most definitely not recommend this counselor to anyone. She is biased toward females. During our last family session she told my 14 year old son that if he continued to not see his mother other than what our current agreement states he could have police called on him. When my son left the room she then turned to me and stated in front of my 7 year old that my 14 year olds behavior is all my fault. While negating my wife’s fault in this.
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?
I would not recommend this therapist to anyone seeking family counseling. I will need counseling to deal with all of the insensitive and unprofessional statements she said. She is very unprofessional and refuses to remain objective
×Post a ResponseAre you Leah McMillan, LMFT?

How was your experience with Leah McMillan?