Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD

Clinical Psychology ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Ross

Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Norfolk, VA. He specializes in clinical psychology and psychotherapy.

Make an appointment

Dr. Ross accepts

Dr. Ross accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Commercial Insurance Company
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Health Net
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP
Optima Health
Tricare
TriCare for Life

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Ross treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Ross' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Chronic Depression
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

There are times when each of us faces a challenge or an obstacle in our lives Sometimes these challenges seem overwhelming or insurmountable. During such times it is often helpful to have someone who will listen carefully and thoroughly to the issues...

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychotherapy

1986
University Of Tennessee At Knoxville (Doctoral Degree)
1984
Menninger Foundation/Topeka State Hospital
1980
New School For Social Research (Masters Degree)
1977

Dr. Ross?
Dr. Ross' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Ross has been instrumental in helping me to figure out who I am, and sort through the problems of my past. He is kind and patient, and has a level of expertise to which I could find no parallel in my search for a counselor in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. He was exactly what I was looking for in a counselor, and is able to diagnose and articulate with exceptional clarity. I would highly recommend him to a friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross is an excellent therapist. He has helped me tremendously. He is very insightful, caring and professional. I recommend him to anyone who thinks they need someone compassionate to help them through tough times.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross has been incredibly helpful in my understanding of why for the first time in my life I was dealing with depression. In our conversations he was able to expose root causes, give advice on what was going on and give me tools to deal with my issues. Certainly I still have work to do but my sessions with Dr. Ross showed me the way. The path forward is very good. I wouldn’t be in my upbeat state of mind if it weren’t for him. Go see him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross has been a “God Send” I appreciate the fact that I don’t feel like I am alone in this process. We have great conversations with good feedback. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross is truly a specialist in his field of marriage counseling. My husband and I have benefited tremendously from our recurring sessions. Upon seeing two previous counselors (before Dr. Ross), we were doubtful that counseling would make an impact on our marriage, communication, and ability to work as a team. Dr. Ross is flexible in adjustments for work/life balance and we will continue to implement his expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Easy to talk to, great person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross has been extremely helpful with both my personal and professional life transitions. Although kind, he is authentic and realistic. I believe he encourages a beneficial "give and take" relationship. Our conversations are never one-sided. Not only would I recommend him to a friend, but I encourage friends to pursue therapy, based on my experiences with Dr. Ross.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross is a very talented therapist who is able to provide long lasting and deep therapy to those who are willing to put in the work. My time with Dr. Ross has been extremely helpful both in my personal and professional life. I would recommend him to anyone who is serious about uncovering the truths and underlying causes of negative feelings and are serious about wanting to resolve behaviors that are negatively impacting their life. THANK YOU Dr. Ross.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross has guided me through an extremely traumatic experience in my life and I cringe to think of where I would be without his help. His wealth of experience sets him apart from his peers and I’m blown away by his capability to identify root causes of issues. Most important of all, I believe that he truly cares and seeks to help all of his patients. He’s a fine man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross has provided sound advice with the challenges I've faced my entire life. He's helped me tremendously and I encourage anyone to seek his assistance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Over the years I have been to a variety of therapists. Dr. Ross was the first to offer me a diagnosis that enabled me to put together the pieces of my past AND present behaviors rather than offering me a "band aid" or a way to "move forward" without dealing with root causes. He is friendly, insightful, and respectful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Very caring and helpful. Methodically makes sense of your issue and how you can successfully deal with it or solve it. I'd recommend for anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
He's a professional, not a quack, which is great. Sometimes quite frustrating because of the challenging approach he takes but I get it that's part of the approach.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross and his staff are wonderful, caring people. Dr. Ross is smart, easy going, and a great listener but will be stern if the situation calls for it. He genuinely cares about his patients and truly wants them to succeed. If you need a medical professional with this type of specialty, then you truly need to consider Dr. Ross to help you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?
Dr. Ross is great. He has really helped me through a lot of problems I have had and is a joy to talk to. He is Stern but easy going at the same time. And huge positive is he is always on time. I have been seeing him for a little over a year and he has been late maybe once or twice
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Ross, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ross?