Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology •  Male

Dr. Resnick

Dr. Lawrence A. Resnick, Psy.D.

1619 W 6th St Austin, TX 78703

Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Austin, TX. He specializes in clinical psychology, psychiatry, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Resnick accepts

Dr. Resnick accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
Freedom Plan
Oxford Health Plans POS
Optum Behavioral Health
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Resnick treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Resnick's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Addiction Treatment
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Compulsions
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Addiction Treatment
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Substance Dependence
  • Substance Use Disorders
  • Workplace Depression

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D...

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Resnick's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Resnick

Dr. Resnick?
Dr. Resnick's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D
I can’t overstate how much the sessions with Dr. Resnick helped me become more emotionally aware, balanced and healthy. He has a calming presence and I always feel safe opening up to him about my issues. He has very sharp eyes in identifying the hidden pattern from my past experiences. We often looked back and connected the dots, and I became aware of patterns I was oblivious about. His questions and comments were immensely insightful. I often looked back and reflected on the things he pointed out. Dr. Resnick knows when to leave it and when to push it a bit further. I got the space and time I needed to reflect and grow. He encouraged me a lot in being curious and compassionate towards my emotional life. Dr. Resnick is like a wise guide throughout the journey and with his professionalism he taught me the tools to better understand my emotional problem so I can navigate through them with ease in the future myself. I would greatly recommend Dr. Resnick to anyone I know in a heartbeat!
Angie, W – Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I saw Dr. Resnick last year for my anxiety issues. This was my first experience with therapy and overall, I thought it was helpful. Dr. Resnick did a great job of encouraging me to explore the underlying emotional trauma(s) that likely contributed to my issues with anxiety, despite my initial reluctance to do so. He knew when to push a little harder and ask difficult questions. He also did a great job of synthesizing the different issues that contributed to my anxiety and provided helpful advice and ideas on how to re-frame my relationship with my anxious thoughts. I would highly recommend Dr. Resnick if you are looking for help in dealing with anxiety. I also appreciate that Dr. Resnick took insurance and provided an affordable option for seeking treatment.
Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick helped me treat and manage my depression and anxiety. He brought clarity and insight to my thoughts, behaviors, history, and feelings. He was calm, patient, and without judgement. Dr. Resnick taught me how to help and accept myself. His offering of both in-person and online sessions makes working with him easy and flexible.
NP – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Consummate professional. Completely discreet and trustworthy. Explains his assessment clearly and directly without being too clinical. I learned what my problem was and how to approach it in a practical and effective manner. Thanks so very much Dr. Resnick!
CMC in Austin, TX – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick has helped me get my life, my peace and my happiness back. I absolutely credit him with fixing the bad relationships I had in my life, boosting my self esteem, helping me realize I needed to cut some people out of my life, validating how I feel, and so much more. He's always understanding, always listens, he is never combative but never just tells you what you want to hear. He'll tell you what to fix and how to fix it without putting a person on 'defense.' He has a very calming and friendly presence that makes it easy to open up to him. I cannot recommend him enough (in fact, I've recommended him to everyone I know) - he is such a gentleman that once he feels like you don't need therapy anymore he will tell you just that, instead of scheduling more appointments with you that you don't need just to take your money, which just makes me trust him even more. Love this man and would highly recommend
G.W – Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick has done amazing things for my fiancé and me, both as a couple and individually. He helped us at a time when we desperately needed a neutral third party, and he helped us learn how to handle conflict effectively together as a couple. He has also treated us individually, and has taught us how to handle our respective quirks outside of our relationship. He is always a great listener and he makes you feel very comfortable opening up to him. Most importantly, Dr. Resnick gives us the tools to help us both in and out of the relationship. Our experience with him has been life-changing for both my fiancé and me, and we will forever be grateful.
Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I was treated by Dr. Resnick for depression and anxiety. He is a very competent and experienced psychologist. He is genuine, easy to talk to, doesn’t use a lot of technical clinical “jargon,” and I quickly felt understood from the first time we met for a session. He is perceptive and helped me develop a much deeper level of awareness about myself, to understand some very destructive repetitive patterns in my life, and to learn strategies that have helped me continue to feel more balanced emotionally and psychologically. I feel lucky that I found him and highly recommend him to others...Thanks for all your help Dr. Resnick.
Anonymous – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick is an incredibly skilled clinician. Having struggled with anxiety and its physical manifestations since childhood, I have been in therapy with a number of psychologists, none of which have had the impact that Dr. Resnick has had on my life. Dr. Resnick has a way of enabling you to view your irrational beliefs through a different lense with his powerfully insightful and eye-opening comments. Dr. Resnick keeps the therapy focused with a bit of a "tough love" approach, but executed in a way that is gentle, and for me, very necessary. I felt comfortable from the beginning discussing my thoughts and deepest vulnerabilities without judgement. Dr. Resnick has helped me to live my life without debilitating anxiety and with a renewed sense of self. I would highly recommend Dr. Resnick to anyone in a heartbeat!
Lauren – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick is simply awesome. You’ll learn practical skills and not just how to deal with a particular problem. Time well spent. He works with a purpose in mind not just allowing a patient to wander on and on. Sessions are productive and purposeful. He’s genuine and caring and always intuitive and engaging when working with patients. So very pleased!!
Joe H in Hackensack , NJ – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Resnick. He is extremely skilled and always knew just what to ask or tell me in order to help me get to the real issues. He helped me through a very difficult time in my life and I continue to employ the tools he gave me when I start to sink into a deep depression or experience anxiety. Although I don't see him on a regular basis at this point, he has assured me that he will be there if I need his assistance.
Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I was treated by Dr. Resnick for about a year. He is a very skilled and astute listener, very approachable, and very perceptive. He very quickly got me to comfortably delve into very personal issues. I was consistently impressed with how he synthesized it all and helped me to constructively approach and successfully resolve my issues. I've seen therapists and analysts in the past and none of them even came close to his expertise or the success of treatment. You can't beat it.
David C. – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
My internist/primary care Dr referred me to Dr. Resnick because of how depressed and out of control I was feeling. Dr. Resnick helped me connect-the-dots so that I could make some sense out of how I was feeling, what was causing it all, and what was going on in my life. He taught me his "TNT" or tools and techniques that are so helpful. I say thank you, and thanks some more for your help getting me back to a way more "centered" place again. Yup! Sure do recommend him.
Danielle in Austin, TX – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick helped me to put back all the pieces of my life back together again. It would be hard to thank him enough.
Julia in Austin, TX – Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Two separate people recommended Dr. Resnick. He helped me so much. It is without reservation that I now recommend him to others, and pass it on.
Brooke A. – Oct 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr Resnick helped me in so many ways. He helped me with alcoholism, depression, and OCD anxiety/worries. I had all the excuses but he helped me get through them all. Today, I am a recovering, more secure, stable person. My wife and kids tell me how much I have changed. I spend less time staring in the “rearview mirror” about my past, less time “fast forwarding” to my believed worst fears, and more time living in the PRESENT. He gets my highest possible recommendation and gratitude.
Paul – Oct 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick is perceptive, smart, and experienced. He was easy to talk to from the first session and very professional. He “got me” right from the start, and he got right to the heart of my issues. He understood me and he really helped me figure out my problems. I got a lot of useful awareness insights and other tools to help me solve and understand my problems and cope so much better. I really appreciated his help. Definitely recommend him.
Rachel in Little Ferry, NJ – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick helped me to overcome anxiety that was so overwhelming me. He helped me to learn how to cope so much better, and decrease my obsessive "what if..." thinking. Thank you! I will always feel grateful to you for your help.
andrew in ridgewood, nj – May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr Resnick is a horrible psychologist. I actually felt worse about my problems when leaving his office. He was often late and extremely uncaring. In this field, I would expect a psychologist to be caring, helpful and honest. He does not possess any of these qualities. After going to a new therapist, I realize what “real” therapy can do in order to help a person feel good, work on their issues and live a happy life. Shame on you Dr. Resnick. You should maybe consider retiring from psychology.
Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick's name was given to me by a friend who was treated by him, and who highly recommended him. I saw 2 other "therapists" before him, and wasn't helped by their just listening and understanding alone. I wanted results and relief, and that's just what I got. I was abusing alcohol, felt depressed, and was so anxious that I was barely functioning. Dr. Resnick helped change my life, and get me back on track. So glad my friend recommended him to me.
seth h. in Hackensack, NJ – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Extremely satisfied. Did not know what to expect or whether it would really benefit me. It has made a world of difference in my life.
Mahwah, NJ – Feb 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Resnick?

My practice is limited to adults only, for individual, couples, and marital therapy.

Please feel free to call me, as I would be happy to talk with you about the reasons for your seeking help, and to possibly schedule an appointment.

• Clinical Psychology