Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology ·  Male

Dr. Resnick

Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Austin, TX. He specializes in clinical psychology, psychiatry, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Resnick accepts

Dr. Resnick accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
Freedom Plan
Oxford Health Plans POS
Optum Behavioral Health
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Resnick treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Resnick's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Addiction Treatment
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Compulsions
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Addiction Treatment
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Substance Abuse Treatment
  • Substance Dependence
  • Substance Use Disorders
  • Workplace Depression

My practice is limited to adults only, for individual, couples, and marital therapy.
Telephone calls are returned very promptly, typically within an hour at the most.
Please feel free to call me, as I would be happy to talk with you about...

• Clinical Psychology

4.5

Dr. Resnick?
Dr. Resnick's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D
Dr. Resnick is simply awesome. You’ll learn practical skills and not just how to deal with a particular problem. Time well spent. He works with a purpose in mind not just allowing a patient to wander on and on. Sessions are productive and purposeful. He’s genuine and caring and always intuitive and engaging when working with patients. So very pleased!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Resnick. He is extremely skilled and always knew just what to ask or tell me in order to help me get to the real issues. He helped me through a very difficult time in my life and I continue to employ the tools he gave me when I start to sink into a deep depression or experience anxiety. Although I don't see him on a regular basis at this point, he has assured me that he will be there if I need his assistance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I was treated by Dr. Resnick for about a year. He is a very skilled and astute listener, very approachable, and very perceptive. He very quickly got me to comfortably delve into very personal issues. I was consistently impressed with how he synthesized it all and helped me to constructively approach and successfully resolve my issues. I've seen therapists and analysts in the past and none of them even came close to his expertise or the success of treatment. You can't beat it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
My internist/primary care Dr referred me to Dr. Resnick because of how depressed and out of control I was feeling. Dr. Resnick helped me connect-the-dots so that I could make some sense out of how I was feeling, what was causing it all, and what was going on in my life. He taught me his "TNT" or tools and techniques that are so helpful. I say thank you, and thanks some more for your help getting me back to a way more "centered" place again. Yup! Sure do recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick helped me to put back all the pieces of my life back together again. It would be hard to thank him enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Two separate people recommended Dr. Resnick. He helped me so much. It is without reservation that I now recommend him to others, and pass it on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr Resnick helped me in so many ways. He helped me with alcoholism, depression, and OCD anxiety/worries. I had all the excuses but he helped me get through them all. Today, I am a recovering, more secure, stable person. My wife and kids tell me how much I have changed. I spend less time staring in the “rearview mirror” about my past, less time “fast forwarding” to my believed worst fears, and more time living in the PRESENT. He gets my highest possible recommendation and gratitude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick is perceptive, smart, and experienced. He was easy to talk to from the first session and very professional. He “got me” right from the start, and he got right to the heart of my issues. He understood me and he really helped me figure out my problems. I got a lot of useful awareness insights and other tools to help me solve and understand my problems and cope so much better. I really appreciated his help. Definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick helped me to overcome anxiety that was so overwhelming me. He helped me to learn how to cope so much better, and decrease my obsessive "what if..." thinking. Thank you! I will always feel grateful to you for your help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr Resnick is a horrible psychologist. I actually felt worse about my problems when leaving his office. He was often late and extremely uncaring. In this field, I would expect a psychologist to be caring, helpful and honest. He does not possess any of these qualities. After going to a new therapist, I realize what “real” therapy can do in order to help a person feel good, work on their issues and live a happy life. Shame on you Dr. Resnick. You should maybe consider retiring from psychology.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick's name was given to me by a friend who was treated by him, and who highly recommended him. I saw 2 other "therapists" before him, and wasn't helped by their just listening and understanding alone. I wanted results and relief, and that's just what I got. I was abusing alcohol, felt depressed, and was so anxious that I was barely functioning. Dr. Resnick helped change my life, and get me back on track. So glad my friend recommended him to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Extremely satisfied. Did not know what to expect or whether it would really benefit me. It has made a world of difference in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Helped me through the toughest time of my life. Highly recommended if you suffer from anxiety with depression.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Resnick?