Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D

Clinical PsychologyMaleAge 61

Dr. Resnick
Telehealth services available

Dr. Lawrence A. Resnick, Psy.D.

100 Congress Ave Ste 2000 Austin, TX 78701

Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D is a Clinical Psychologist in Austin, TX. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Resnick to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

Review Highlight

"Dr. Resnick is simply awesome. You’ll learn practical skills and not just how to deal with a particular problem. Time well spent. He works with a purpose..."

- Joe H in Hackensack , NJSee more reviews

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Resnick treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Resnick's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Compulsions
  • Compulsive Gambling
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Individual Therapy
  • Job Stress
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Substance Dependence
  • Substance Use Disorders
  • Workplace Depression

Dr. Resnick accepts

Dr. Resnick accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Resnick's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Resnick

Dr. Resnick?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (29)
  • Explained conditions well (28)
  • Listened & answered questions (28)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (2)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
I saw Dr. Resnick for about two and a half years, and he was extremely helpful at getting me to identify, analyze, and process many of the issues in my life that were causing enormous amounts of anxiety that became so pronounced I was sliding into depression. Dr. Resnick has a relatively hands-off style that focuses more on you putting things together and doing the work to make progress, and only applying pressure or resistance when you are starting to stumble. This may not work for everyone, but personally I found that it was extremely helpful as long as I was putting in the requisite work on my end. His insight into family/social relationships as well as listening ability greatly assist with this. There were some organizational/scheduling issues that would happen from time to time, but over such a long period of time this is only to be expected.
Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
A Fantastic person & therapist! Dr. Resnick has really helped me learn how to understand and use cognitive behavioral techniques to thrive after years of suffering with OCD and the related anxiety & depression it caused. In the time since, I have continued working with him addressing key developments in my life, and his help has been priceless. I even credit him with helping me organize my life and my decision-making skills well enough for me to resume college and finish my Bachelor's degree (I graduated from our state college system with honors in 2015 at 50 years old).
Rob L. – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick was very helpful in helping me address my struggles with anxiety and depression. He helped me identity patterns in my behavior and thinking that led to anxiety, and helped me practice curbing those thoughts. I felt more comfortable talking with him than any other therapist I had seen previously. Would definitely recommend.
R – Apr 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
This gentlemen is the real deal. Totally changed my life. It's worth speaking to people who have a great deal more experience and knowledge than you. I also appreciate that I was able to speak with a man.
Feb 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick has been incredibly impactful in my life. I wish I had started speaking with him sooner. Prior to our first appointment, I really struggled with anxiety and self-esteem. He took the time to listen to me, help uncover why I was experiencing those emotions, understand them, and help me work through them. After several months of sessions, I noticed positive changes in myself and so did my family and friends. I had never felt that type of confidence in myself before and Dr. Resnick really helped me develop and bring out the best in me again.
RP – Jan 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I cannot overstate the extent to which Dr. Resnick helped me. When I first saw him, I was a scared college kid in a bad relationship with a whole slew of obsessional neurosis. Not only did Dr. Resnick aptly diagnose and interpret my psychological symptoms, allowing me to move beyond them, but he provided me with the critical thinking skills needed in order to challenge my insecurities and perceived failures in real time (Teach a man to fish... as they say). Resnick instilled this ability to talk myself through my problems in a way that my previous therapist didn’t even approximate. Additionally, Resnick allowed me to deal with my emotions head on in a way that I would have never been able to otherwise. By both productively challenging my negative thoughts and encouraging me to be in touch with my emotions, Resnick improved my quality of life tremendously. Because of my positive experience with Resnick, I now recommend therapy—his practice in particular—to everyone I know!
C.H. – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
This was my first experience receiving counseling. I'm not a person who seeks advice from others when making decisions (big or small), but I faced depression and needed support after a few years of family conflict, managing the care of both elderly parents, and the death of one. Dr Resnick helped me gain insight into my family relationships, define and exercise boundaries, and communicate better to reinforce these boundaries and reduce my own stress.
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Over the past 6 months, DR resnick turned a major industry skeptic into a self practicing changed man. Being a man, he was very relatable and turned many concepts that I struggled with into relatable topics I could understand and more importantly practice. I am very pleased with his work and am very thankful for his help. Trust the process.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
AL – Aug 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I have been working with Dr. Resnik for about a year due to my alcoholism. As a result of the drinking I had anxiety and depression and trouble with my marriage. Dr. Resnick played a roll in helping me through all of those issues. Dr. Resnick is a great listener and allows you to talk your feelings out and then makes observations and offers suggestions on how do deal with/cope with your issues.
D.A. – Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I would highly recommend Dr.Resnick. I truly appreciated that he met me where I was emotionally, and walked through the process with me. He has such a calming presence about him which helped me feel comfortable to talk. He is attentive listener, allowed space for me to process and then transitioned into making actionable steps to change. I found this process to be most helpful for me.
NV – Jul 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I can’t overstate how much the sessions with Dr. Resnick helped me become more emotionally aware, balanced and healthy. He has a calming presence and I always feel safe opening up to him about my issues. He has very sharp eyes in identifying the hidden pattern from my past experiences. We often looked back and connected the dots, and I became aware of patterns I was oblivious about. His questions and comments were immensely insightful. I often looked back and reflected on the things he pointed out. Dr. Resnick knows when to leave it and when to push it a bit further. I got the space and time I needed to reflect and grow. He encouraged me a lot in being curious and compassionate towards my emotional life. Dr. Resnick is like a wise guide throughout the journey and with his professionalism he taught me the tools to better understand my emotional problem so I can navigate through them with ease in the future myself. I would greatly recommend Dr. Resnick to anyone I know in a heartbeat!
Angie, W – Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I saw Dr. Resnick last year for my anxiety issues. This was my first experience with therapy and overall, I thought it was helpful. Dr. Resnick did a great job of encouraging me to explore the underlying emotional trauma(s) that likely contributed to my issues with anxiety, despite my initial reluctance to do so. He knew when to push a little harder and ask difficult questions. He also did a great job of synthesizing the different issues that contributed to my anxiety and provided helpful advice and ideas on how to re-frame my relationship with my anxious thoughts. I would highly recommend Dr. Resnick if you are looking for help in dealing with anxiety. I also appreciate that Dr. Resnick took insurance and provided an affordable option for seeking treatment.
Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick helped me treat and manage my depression and anxiety. He brought clarity and insight to my thoughts, behaviors, history, and feelings. He was calm, patient, and without judgement. Dr. Resnick taught me how to help and accept myself. His offering of both in-person and online sessions makes working with him easy and flexible.
NP – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Consummate professional. Completely discreet and trustworthy. Explains his assessment clearly and directly without being too clinical. I learned what my problem was and how to approach it in a practical and effective manner. Thanks so very much Dr. Resnick!
CMC in Austin, TX – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick has helped me get my life, my peace and my happiness back. I absolutely credit him with fixing the bad relationships I had in my life, boosting my self esteem, helping me realize I needed to cut some people out of my life, validating how I feel, and so much more. He's always understanding, always listens, he is never combative but never just tells you what you want to hear. He'll tell you what to fix and how to fix it without putting a person on 'defense.' He has a very calming and friendly presence that makes it easy to open up to him. I cannot recommend him enough (in fact, I've recommended him to everyone I know) - he is such a gentleman that once he feels like you don't need therapy anymore he will tell you just that, instead of scheduling more appointments with you that you don't need just to take your money, which just makes me trust him even more. Love this man and would highly recommend
G.W – Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick has done amazing things for my fiancé and me, both as a couple and individually. He helped us at a time when we desperately needed a neutral third party, and he helped us learn how to handle conflict effectively together as a couple. He has also treated us individually, and has taught us how to handle our respective quirks outside of our relationship. He is always a great listener and he makes you feel very comfortable opening up to him. Most importantly, Dr. Resnick gives us the tools to help us both in and out of the relationship. Our experience with him has been life-changing for both my fiancé and me, and we will forever be grateful.
Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I was treated by Dr. Resnick for depression and anxiety. He is a very competent and experienced psychologist. He is genuine, easy to talk to, doesn’t use a lot of technical clinical “jargon,” and I quickly felt understood from the first time we met for a session. He is perceptive and helped me develop a much deeper level of awareness about myself, to understand some very destructive repetitive patterns in my life, and to learn strategies that have helped me continue to feel more balanced emotionally and psychologically. I feel lucky that I found him and highly recommend him to others...Thanks for all your help Dr. Resnick.
Anonymous – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick is an incredibly skilled clinician. Having struggled with anxiety and its physical manifestations since childhood, I have been in therapy with a number of psychologists, none of which have had the impact that Dr. Resnick has had on my life. Dr. Resnick has a way of enabling you to view your irrational beliefs through a different lense with his powerfully insightful and eye-opening comments. Dr. Resnick keeps the therapy focused with a bit of a "tough love" approach, but executed in a way that is gentle, and for me, very necessary. I felt comfortable from the beginning discussing my thoughts and deepest vulnerabilities without judgement. Dr. Resnick has helped me to live my life without debilitating anxiety and with a renewed sense of self. I would highly recommend Dr. Resnick to anyone in a heartbeat!
Lauren – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
Dr. Resnick is simply awesome. You’ll learn practical skills and not just how to deal with a particular problem. Time well spent. He works with a purpose in mind not just allowing a patient to wander on and on. Sessions are productive and purposeful. He’s genuine and caring and always intuitive and engaging when working with patients. So very pleased!!
Joe H in Hackensack , NJ – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Resnick. He is extremely skilled and always knew just what to ask or tell me in order to help me get to the real issues. He helped me through a very difficult time in my life and I continue to employ the tools he gave me when I start to sink into a deep depression or experience anxiety. Although I don't see him on a regular basis at this point, he has assured me that he will be there if I need his assistance.
Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lawrence Resnick, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Resnick?

My practice is limited to adults only for individual psychotherapy.

All help is being provided via Tele-behavioral health, on a HIPAA secure,...

Dr. Resnick is the #1 rated Psychologist on Healthgrades / Austin, TX.  The many reviews left by his former patients are the best indicators of how...Read more

• Clinical Psychology