Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD

Dr. Philipps
Telehealth services available

NeuroHealth of Arlington Height, IL

1650 N Arlington Heights Rd Ste 101 Arlington Heights, IL 60004

Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD is a Adolescent Psychologist in Arlington Heights, IL. She is affiliated with Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Philipps to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Adolescent Psychologists in your area

Review Highlight

"I recommend this practice to close friends because after years of searching, these doctors finally gave us an accurate diagnosis and got my child on a..."

- Marie G. in Lake Zurich, ILSee more reviews

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Philipps treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Philipps accepts

Dr. Philipps accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

2.6

Dr. Philipps?
  • Wait times (12)
  • Long wait times (2)
If you have any concerns about your child struggling in school Dr Philipps is the person you should see. She is the hands down expert in terms of the diagnosis if learning differences. She also helps to identify the best ways to provide your child the support that they need including navigating the school systems to make sure they don’t fall through the cracks. I highly recommend Dr. Philipps and Neurohealth.
Feb 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
The administrative staff were nice and respectful. I was greeted with open arms and they efficiently went over my comprehensive payment plan. My child had commented that working with Dr. Phillips was one of her best experiences. Thank you!
  • Long wait times
Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
My family has worked with Dr. Philipps and her practice for almost 20 years. She is a great doctor and has been a tremendous support to our family. Dr. Philipps has a special interest and talent in supporting students through the educational system. She was instrumental in assisting us in securing the necessary resources for our son. I highly recommend Dr. Philipps and her team.
Kevin – Dec 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
Dr. Philipps has helped our family a ton. Without her help, it's very likely that my child would not be succeeding in college. She utilized a wide variety of testing to help analyze my child's challenges and yes it was an investment, and all worth it. This investment gave us documentation that we needed throughout my child's school years. It helped us understand where challenges would surface and how to best assist. The realty is, if you have a smart kid that has challenges, you need proof to get them the help they need. The tests are the proof so you can talk specifically and with written evidence, to get your child the help they need. We all spend a lot of money on a variety of things in life. The best money spent is on whatever your kids needs to get them through their challenges and launch into life. The work we did together helped my child develop a good self-understanding and more tools to meet life's many other challenges. Thank you Dr. Philipp's for all your help!
Dec 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
Dr. Philipps and her staff are very professional and knowledgeable. It is clear that Dr. Philipps has a lot of experience and wants to deliver the best care to her patients.
Nov 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
Dr. Philipps and her staff provides excellent professional services with attentive care and expertise knowledge of mental health.
Mattie Zedlitz – Nov 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
I was very impressed by Dr. Philipps' caring, respectful and excellent quality of care. She had a wonderful demeanor along with a high level of professionalism.
Sep 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
Do not, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, bring yourself or your children to this place. I am an Ivy League graduate and current student at Northwestern Law school; I am in the process of filing an complaint against Dr. Phillips and possibly investigating a medical malpractice suit. I write this review to dissuade ANYONE from going to her before she is investigated and possibly dis-licensed; no child should have to suffer through what I did with her. She is virulently racist and extremely money-hungry; i don't know if her practice is failing (she has horrible reviews across most review sites) but she tried milking me for all the money she could, and when I questioned this, she yelled at me in front of the office, staff, and waiting room, suggesting that I was dishonoring her clinic and staff. When I later did my tests with her, she diagnosed me with a make-shift "other psychosis" because, according to her, my Asian upbringing made me incapable of understanding American freedom. She also sa
Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
Have never met a provider or practice that has been as unprofessional as Dr. Phillips and her office staff. You can never get in contact with Dr. Phillips and requests for a return call back are never followed through. You will notice fees for services not received or authorized. Steer clear for peace of mind as you will not find it at this facility.
Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
I only wish I could give no star. You don’t see her, you see what seems like students who administer various and sometimes redundant tests. The number of tests is dependent on how much your insurance will pay for. Then Dr. Philipps spent dozens of hours (or at least billed me for them, not covered by insurance) analyzing the tests. (Probably just used the software that the testing company provides and was done in a matter of minutes). Don’t waste your time and money with this Quack.
Mar 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
Completely unprofessional. Total waste of money. Office staff does not communicate at all even when they promise to return phone calls. It has been 7 weeks since our 1 and only testing date and we have had complete silence except from the billing department that said that no refund would be given. Insurance company was blamed even though the insurance company has no record of precertification submission. Nothing accomplished.
Hoffman Estates, IL – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
This place is an absolute joke. The intake session consisted of some assistant asking the same questions I had just filled in on the survey. No probing or attempt to understand. A month later I hadn't heard anything, called back and they said "we need some additional intake" before moving forward. Came back in and was asked four of the same questions as before and said that's all for now. Two months later I get a bill for both sessions and still nothing from the doctor. Complete sham.
Jeffrey in Lindenhurst, IL – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
Probably the worst experience in the medical profession. You don’t see her. You see some young students who give you multiple “test” and some are redundant. All to hike up the billing hours. Then she will grade your tests, taking even more (billing hours) than you used to take the tests. Then you see her and she gives you some general information and your bill for thousands of dollars. Don’t waste your time with her. Find a real doctor.
Jan 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
I recommend this practice to close friends because after years of searching, these doctors finally gave us an accurate diagnosis and got my child on a better path. And if you need a practice that does testing for IEPs or 504 plans, they are great. As for payment, all of the insurance and financial information was explained in writing at our first visit. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that unlike my child's other doctor, this practice was willing to direct bill my insurance company.
Marie G. in Lake Zurich, IL – Dec 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?
I was hesitant to use this office because of the bad reviews and I wish I listen to my gut instinct. I spoke Dr Matthew because I initially cancelled my appointment, but he talked me into it and told me All the pros to using this office. I asked him about having to pay the balance before the feedback because i knew I would have trouble coming up with it due to breast cance and he told me they would work with me. The officecalled me to tell me that day of the appointment that I have to pay balan
elgin – Jan 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurie Philipps, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Philipps?

• Adolescent Psychology