Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD

PsychologyFemaleAge 44

Psychology

Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD is a Psychologist in New York, NY. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD
225 E 47th St Apt 1b New York, NY 10017

Compare Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD with other Psychologists near you

Dr. Steinberg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Steinberg

4.25531914893617%

Dr. Steinberg

Wonderful therapist, wonderful person
I'm not typically the type to remember to fill these forms out, but my cardiologist asked me to fill this out on his profile today. In good conscience, I couldn't fill his out without FIRST filling one out for Laurel Steinberg, who has been my trusted therapist and confidante for the past 8 years. She is not only a wonderful therapist, but also a wonderful person. My life is far improved since I began working with her.
JSL – Jun 17, 2022
Amazing
Dr. Steinberg was the first therapist I ever went to, and I was lucky. One session with her is like 20 with someone else (which I tried too). She is very open, honest, and really made a huge difference in my life..I highly recommend her.
Veneta – Feb 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Sometimes miracles come to us in the form of good therapists with kind hearts. Thank you!
Donna – Dec 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
I called Dr. Laurel for help with a delicate issue (ED). I connected with her with ease -- very easy to talk to. I now no longer have this problem and through our work and what she calls "couples counseling for one" I was able to learn how to speak with my wife, who was not responding well to the issue. All is well now and I had a great experience working with her. No more tears at my house!
D.B.G. – Sep 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Hi Dr. Steinberg, we just watched your TED TALK!! We think that it is simply terrific! You eloquently explained what Escalated Anxiety is and shared your "What are you WORRIED about?" technique, just what you have taught us over the past few months. We have experienced great success with this method!! It really works and is very fun to use! I remember you mentioning you were working on your talk. Very happy for ya! You did a great job!
Steven Levy – Jun 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
I had such an incredible experience with Dr. Steinberg. It was my first time in therapy and to this day I attribute my success to our work together. I went in lost and confused as a young adult. 3 years later I write this review on my graduation day. She was the first person I thought of as my name was called at my ceremony. Before meeting her, I was stuck in a horrible career in NYC barely making enough money to survive. Today, I am truly happy! I found my dream career because she gave me the courage to get out of my comfort zone. She knew that I had potential to do more in this life and I am so incredibly grateful for Dr. Steinberg. She helped me find purpose and meaning to life. 10 STARS!! I recommend her services!
A.M. – May 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
As I finish packing to move to CA to begin graduate school there this summer, I want to take this moment to thank Dr. Steinberg for her wonderful care over the past 4.5 years. Dr. S -- Your encouragement and sensitivity allowed me to overcome a rough and difficult youth with alcoholic, self-absorbed parents to be able to live a wonderful life with healthy relationships and a great work ethic. I am proud of the woman I have become. Thank you so much for your patient ear and kind heart <3!
Rachel Lewis – May 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Saw Dr. Steinberg for about a year after a breakup that triggered my repressed childhood trauma. Years later and after a lot of work with a trauma therapist, I feel compelled to share my experience with this type of psychoanalysis. I felt like her approach to my issues was very irresponsible. I hope she has taken some trauma courses to refer patients like myself to someone better equipped to help. She diagnosed me with Bipolar within the first meeting and had me drugged up by a psychiatrist. Don't get me wrong, I love meds, I take them now alongside intense trauma therapy, but I think it's insanely irresponsible to label someone so quickly before getting to know their background. As someone with trauma from abuse and narcissism, i do not recommend Dr. Steinberg.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
May 06, 2021
Sad to read - can't specifically comment. I'm...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
I am forever indebted to you for what you told my wife -- you helped keep my family together, helped with everything. I feel joy again walking to my home.
A in Great Neck (staying anonymous, but you know) – Mar 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Am putting this on both sites... I remember peering into your beautiful office on my way to work every day, seeing you listening intently or laughing with the people in front of you. I knew I needed help and looked up the address to find out who you were. As a result, my husband and I are now friends again and enjoying our life together (fully) every day. Our work with you kept our family together. Remember when I told you that you were the girl who straightened out all of the other girls' crowns and you and I both got tears in our eyes? I meant that..and my crown's still straight!! A million thank yous for what you have done for me and us!
Allana -- SpinGrrlNYC – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Dr. Steinberg, it's not WHAT you do, but HOW you do it!! Thank you for helping us!
May 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
My wife and I traveled from Texas to NY to meet with Dr. Steinberg when we were in crisis. She met with us in her office in the city and adjusted her weekend calendar to meet with us in her home office the next day. I thought our marriage was over, but left feeling like a huge weight was lifted off of us. We were shown innovative ways to make our complex situation work. Our marriage is back in the swing of things today and alive and well. TY!
Toni in Dallas, TX – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Because of our conversations, my mental health, physical health and overall life have improved dramatically. Thank you for being so knowledgeable and for giving me the support and attention that were just what I needed. I am SO grateful -- you were a great find during a hard time! :) :) :)
SaraThomasNYC in new york, NY – Jul 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Great experience and she worked very well with my prescribing doctor.
Feb 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
I've been meeting with this doctor in her Long Island office for several weeks to speak about my relationship with my boyfriend. I finally have a partner to help me create a plan! and can very clearly understand the dynamics at play, after months of confusion.
Sara – Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Dr. Steinberg really helped us get our relationship back on track! We're doing great now as a result of the important work we did together with her, after a really long rough patch at home. She is organized, sensitive and caring, and understood our goals.
Great Neck, NY – Dec 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Dr. Steinberg was a tremendous help to me as my wife and I navigated some really choppy waters. Her insight helped me to better understand the dynamics at play and to also learn how to engage and be more present. I am a better version of me today due to our work.
New York, NY – Sep 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Laurel has helped me to think better about my life circumstances and work towards achieving my goals. I feel and act better every day because of this and people have been noticing. I'm less anxious and this is now a happy time in my life. Thank you very much.
New York, NY – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?
Dr. Steinberg helped me with many issues I was going through. She is an outstanding therapist and I recommend her to everyone. She is sophisticated, funny, kind, and skilled.
MR in New York, NY – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Laurel Steinberg, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Steinberg?