Clinical Psychology  |
Dr. Laurel Sills, PSY.D
Dr. Laurel Sills, PSY.D is a clinical psychology provider who practices in Farmington Hills, MI. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Sills is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus and Saint Joseph Mercy Oakland.

Laurel A. Sills, Psy.D., PLLC

31313 Northwestern Hwy Ste 120

Farmington Hills, MI 48334

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Cofinity
  • HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Sills

I believe in a holistic, spiritual approach to wellness. We are humans who are all evolving to be our more aware, best selves. We are equals, yet I can see things you cannot see in yourself to help you become aware of places where you can benefit from changes in your behavior, thinking and perceptions. Excellent training in an accredited Professional Psychology program with a medical psychology Internship at Henry Ford, and 26 plus years as licensed psychologist, & experience with trauma.

• Clinical Psychology
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma

Dr. Sills does not have any board certifications listed.

• Depression
  • Grief
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Relationship Issues
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Stress

• Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Couples Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Michigan State University
  • Post Doctoral Training at Heritage Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • EMDR Certified
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Dr. Sills has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sills has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sills does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sills and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sills' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sills to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Sills Says:

The feedback I receive from patients and from my own experience in comparing my approach to other therapists and psychologists is that I am much quicker to highlight my patients key issues that lead to problems in a way that makes sense for them to understand and become self-aware.  With self-awareness and observation, symptoms start to decrease more rapidly.  In sharing examples from...

Dr. Sills' Performance
in Westland, MI |
Dr. Sills does a great job getting to the root of the problem and wow...she works fast! I didn't think my issue would resolve so quickly; however, so grateful. Her office is cozy & chic, welcoming & inviting emotionally, physically and mentally. I seen Dr. Laurel Sills for PPD after my twins, but mainly I felt resentment towards my stay-at-home husband. These feelings brought up and was able to address a longstanding issue and essentially my mindset changed. Hallelujah! I highly recommend her!
in Farmington, MI |
I find Dr. SILLS - Assertive, Caring, Dependable, Gentle, Interactive (She does more than Listen & Take Notes) Invested, Respectful, Safe, Supportive & Trustworthy.
in Farmington, MI |
As a therapist I have consulted with her about clients and she shows her skills and experience. Has always been accurate, helpful and very supportive. Regarding personal issues she quickly gets to the crux of the issue and offers concrete useful recommendations.
in Plymouth, MI |
I've been seeing Dr. Sills since May of 2016. She is treating me for PTSD and the affects of childhood sexual abuse. Dr. Sills has helped me more in these past four months, than my entire five years of previous treatment. I would highly recommend Dr. Sills to anyone who is looking for a warm, caring, and effective psychologist.
in Waterford, MI |
Dr. Sills is friendly and easy to talk to. She quickly makes you comfortable in her office. She is creative in her treatment and uses state of the art methods to get to the root of your issue and heal you as quickly as possible.
in oakland, MI |
I have been under Sr. Sills' care on and off for the past 10 yrs. I have found her to be very intuitive, sensitive to my individual needs and honest in her assessment of particular emotional issues which arose from my husbands marital affairs.
in BLOOMFIELD HILLS, MI |
My wife and I have been visiting Dr. Sills for a short while, and she has helped us work through some issues. We found her to be compassionate, insightful, and clear in both understanding and helping us to understand the areas on which we needed to work. We have done so, and we are both feeling we have made excellent progress even in this short time.
in West Bloomfield, MI |
A great person to talk to. Gives great advice. Very great timing.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Dr. Sills, helped me in a time of emotional distress and depression. I was drinking and it affected my family life and employment. I am on the road to recovery and am thankful for her professional help.
in St. Clair Shores, MI |
Just started working with Dr Sills. She is intuitive and insightful. I feel better already
in Rochester, MI |
Dr. Sills was incredible. My husband was worried that he had lost me to depression and anger. He was ready to leave me. I was sexually abused as a young teen and held in my feelings. I really never knew the reasons for my anger and my reactions were pushing my husband away. She taught me to love myself, set limits, and assert my needs. I now feel safe sensually with my spouse. I never had such effective therapy. She was strong but compassionate. We worked hard but it got but she guided my crisis
in West Bloomfield, MI |
I went to see Dr. Sills due to an alcoholic father and husband. She helped me with self confidence, assertiveness and recognizing what and what I cannot control in my life. I now feel more at peace. I would recommend her to anyone. A great doctor.
in Bloomfield Hills, MI |
I have autoimmune issues causing me pain, low energy, depression, and it affected my whole life. Dr. Sills is so knowledgeable about medical issues and my disease. She used relaxation, stress reduction, imagery, did some sessions with my spouse and kids and I and helped me rid the dis-EASE part of the Disease. I am coping with my life so much better due to her. She really understood me and has been through it herself. Don't let anyone tell you she's anything but excellent in what she does.
in Farmington Hills, MI |
Obviously, the folks that called and did not come in were psycho since they are writing negative things without even getting therapy. I saw Dr. Sills about 20 years ago when she was in Franklin. I was dealing with a huge trauma in my life that made me lose a job, have nightmares, lose my spouse, and almost check out. She was amazingly supportive, confronted the crap I believed as a result of abuse, and I stayed healthy for years. Just lost a dear friend/ parents and am returning to the best.
Huntington Woods, MI |
My wife and I had some really rough times with trust, distance after dealing with a special needs son and raising 3 others. We were distant, struggling like so many others I know. Existing. Dr. Sills cracked the nut open with us and gave us the strength and courage to talk openly, honestly about things I thought we'd never admit. We are better friends now that when we first met and have our spark back. Dr. Laurel Sills taught us not to avoid, not to run, and how to love again. Talented.
in Southfield, MI |
Dr. Sills really does interact, listen, steer you in the best direction for finding what's best for you. I was all screwed up from trying Spice while partying and it freaked me out so bad that I got panic attacks all the time after tripping out. Dr. Sills helped distress and de-traumatize me using EMDR and talking to boost confidence socially and quit. She is really helpful and non-judgmental. A friend went to her for bad panic attacks a few years ago. We're doing great now thanks 2 her
in Commerce twp, MI |
laurel Sills is not only an excellent doctor but a great person. She is real. I would never have gone to her or any therapist for help had my best friend and his wife not of recommended her. She saved their marriage. I was drinking to mask old trauma and abuse. I pushed away people closest to me. She helped me weekly for 4 months and learned to like myself and get out the pain. She did great work. i am medication and alcohol free and so grateful to have been referred to her.
in Farmington Hills, MI |
I was referred to Dr. Sills by my physician, Lanore Najor about 6 years ago. It took me forever to get up the nerve to call her because i was embarrassed about my issues and felt weak about going to therapy. Dr. Sills immediately changed the way i think. taught me to feel my emotions and respect myself for past mistakes. she encouraged me to grow. She is a great listener but still managed to show me how to stay focused digging down into my own soul. I highly recommend her but be ready to work.
in Birmingham |
I was referred to Dr. Laurel Sills by my trusted, long-term gynecologist who delivered my 3 children over 10 years ago who has referred to her for years and I trust my Doctor, Robert Robbins. Not only was she professional, easy to talk to, kind, supportive, and right on about what was causing my depression and funk, she was really quick to help me get off of some medications that my Family Doc put me on that I no longer needed. Menaupause hurt my marriage. She regained our intimacy and love.
Wish I would have not wasted the money seeing Dr. Sils. I too got the rant about insurance and how little money she makes during my initial call. That should have been a red flag but I went ahead with the appointment. She was unprepared, called me the wrong name and was pretty unhelpful.
in West Bloomfield, MI |
I spoke to her on the phone a few years ago, hoping to make an appointment. The first time she was ranting about her not being connected to any insurance companies. The second time, a couple years later, she was ranting that no one knew what her degree was. I have spoken to many therapists, old, young, psychologists, psychiatrists, and I have never talked to anyone who was so angry and inappropriate and unprofessional. She was unable to listen to me. I did not make an appointment with her!
Have you seen Dr. Laurel Sills, PSY.D?
Are you Dr. Sills?