Dr. Laurel Sills, PSY.D

Dr. Laurel Sills, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Laurel Sills, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Farmington Hills, MI and has been practicing for 30 years. She graduated from Wright State University School Of Professional Psychology in 1987 and specializes in clinical psychology, marriage & family therapy, and more.

31313 Northwestern Hwy Ste 120

Farmington Hills, MI 48334

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Cofinity
  • HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Sills

This content was provided by Dr. Sills "I believe in a holistic, spiritual approach to wellness. We are humans who are all evolving to be our more aware, best selves. We are equals, yet I can see things you cannot see in yourself to help you become aware of places where you can benefit from changes in your behavior, thinking and perceptions. Excellent training in an accredited Professional Psychology program with a medical psychology Internship at Henry Ford, and 26 plus years as licensed psychologist, & experience with trauma."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma

Dr. Sills does not have any board certifications listed.

• Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Couples Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Michigan State University
  • Post Doctoral Training at Heritage Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • EMDR Certified
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Dr. Sills has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sills has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sills does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sills and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sills' Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sills to family and friends

Dr. Sills' Performance

Dr. Sills Says:
"

The feedback I receive from patients and from my own experience in comparing my approach to other therapists and psychologists is that I am much quicker to highlight my patients key issues that lead to problems in a way that makes sense for them to understand and become self-aware.  With self-awareness and observation, symptoms start to decrease more rapidly.  In sharing examples from life, patients feel less alone in their

...

I had not been to a therapist in about 40 years. I went to see Dr. Sills with some trepidation and concern that due to the nature of my issue that there was nothing that could be done. Dr. Sills listened and had excellent advice. It did not take very many sessions for me to resolve the issue...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Sills does a great job getting to the root of the problem and wow...she works fast! I didn't think my issue would resolve so quickly; however, so grateful. Her office is cozy & chic, welcoming & inviting emotionally, physically and mentally. I seen Dr. Laurel Sills for PPD after my twins, but...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I find Dr. SILLS - Assertive, Caring, Dependable, Gentle, Interactive (She does more than Listen & Take Notes) Invested, Respectful, Safe, Supportive & Trustworthy.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
As a therapist I have consulted with her about clients and she shows her skills and experience. Has always been accurate, helpful and very supportive. Regarding personal issues she quickly gets to the crux of the issue and offers concrete useful recommendations.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
I've been seeing Dr. Sills since May of 2016. She is treating me for PTSD and the affects of childhood sexual abuse. Dr. Sills has helped me more in these past four months, than my entire five years of previous treatment. I would highly recommend Dr. Sills to anyone who is looking for a warm,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Sills?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Neuropsychology