Laurel McIntyre, MFT

Laurel McIntyre, MFT

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Female
Laurel McIntyre, MFT is a marriage & family therapist in Santee, CA. She specializes in marriage & family therapy.Read her story

9905 Prospect Ave

Santee, CA 92071

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Laurel McIntyre

Laurel McIntyre's bio

This content was provided by Laurel McIntyre "My parents divorced when I was a freshman in college. It impacted me greatly for several years, and it is probably why I ended up in this profession. I am what you would call a 'seasoned' therapist. I have been doing this kind of work for 30 years, give or take a year or two. I enjoy working with individuals, couples and families. I consider myself to be calm and rational. I have delved into several different approaches to therapy and I take what I like from each of them. I do not impose a structure on the process, but rather interact on a personal level, using the knowledge and insights that I have gained through my own life experiences and the education that I have actively sought. In doing couples therapy I do my best to remain neutral and give both persons time to express their thoughts and concerns. I encourage couples to regularly spend 'quality couple time' together. I encourage the couple to come up with some solutions to one or two problems during a session, or to come up with some sort of compromise in which each person can get some of what he/she wants. In working with individuals, I listen for the issues, the feelings, the residual emotional impact of childhood experiences. I encourage a multi-pronged approach to self-care, including stress reduction, positive self-talk, nutrition, medical check ups, going on outings with family or friends. Sometimes I just listen to a person who needs a caring ear. Sometimes I give ideas for addressing a concern, or prompt the person to come up with one or two ideas, I believe that sometimes, merely voicing a feeling can help in the healing process. In addition to talk therapy, I offer neurofeedback, brain training. The type I use is called NeurOptimal. It was been very beneficial in many ways. "

• Marriage & Family Therapy

Laurel McIntyre does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Education data for Laurel McIntyre is unavailable at this time.

Laurel McIntyre has no awards or honors listed.

Laurel McIntyre has no media or publications listed.

Laurel McIntyre does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Laurel McIntyre and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Laurel McIntyre's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Laurel McIntyre

1.0

Laurel McIntyre?
Laurel McIntyre's Performance
What People Say About Laurel McIntyre, MFT
Laurel continued to only do play therapy with our 10 year old. After 2 years in therapy she wasn't helping our daughter at all. We had a very difficult time scheduling appointments. Would have to call several times over weeks to get an answer. Noone would ever call back to our multiple messages...Read More
Amber in El Cajon, CA – Dec 29, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Laurel McIntyre, MFT?

How was your experience with Laurel McIntyre?