Laura Thompson, LMHC

Counseling •  Female

Laura Thompson

Supportive Solutions Counseling

4255 Harlem Rd Amherst, NY 14226

Laura Thompson, LMHC is a counselor in Amherst, NY. She specializes in counseling, psychology, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Laura Thompson accepts

Laura Thompson accepts the following insurance:

Fidelis Care
Fidelis Care HMO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Laura Thompson treats your condition or procedure

Laura Thompson's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Laura Thompson, LMHC...

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Laura Thompson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Laura Thompson

Laura Thompson?
Laura Thompson's Performance
What People Say About Laura Thompson, LMHC
My husband and I have been seeing Laura for about 2 years now. She is the 3rd counselor that we have tried and if not for her, I would have given up on trying to find some help. As the other "highly" recommended counselors were really good, but it did not matter since they were not able to break through to my husband. We both needed counseling to change our marriage and Laura was able to get through to both of us. She is kind, patient and empathetic. She has done a lot to help us grow in awareness, to help us see things from another perspective. She has helped us both; as I am not so angry, short-tempered and frustrated all the time. From my perspective, I was miserable and felt trapped for the last decade in a one-sided marriage that had drained the life out of me. Laura was able to help us see things from another perspective and realize that we needed there to be some give and take. I felt that I was doing everything and a partner who was accustomed to it and did not feel the need to
Sarah – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
I was a patient of Laura’s for almost two years. I came to her for help dealing with a childhood trauma. She helped me uncover and understand the issues I am dealing with and it gave me clarity, relief and peace. She uses innovative techniques and many methods to get to the heart of issues. She is patient and understanding and is always a positive force. I can honestly say that counseling with Laura changed my life. I am a different person with a completely different outlook. I am grateful that I found her and I would recommend her to anyone.
Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura is wonderful. Her office is a calm, welcoming space complete with a mug of hot tea. Chatting with her is like talking with a friend... except a completely impartial friend who is actually super helpful. She’s excellent at communicating about appointments and reminders. She’s very knowledgeable, patient, insightful and kind. I highly recommend her services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura is one of the most caring, genuine, and helpful counselors that I have ever worked with. I have only been working with Laura since October, but I have made more progress with her than I have in the last 10 years with other counselors. I wish I started counseling with her years ago! Laura always makes sessions feel comfortable, never pushes boundaries, and always lets me know that she’s there to help. I especially recommend her for any trauma counseling. She’s extremely knowledgeable when it comes to different types of trauma work and how trauma affects different parts of the mind/body. Laura always communicates with you, sends reminders for appointments, is really good when it comes to scheduling, and is always willing to listen to your thoughts/opinions when it comes to your counseling. She truly does care about your mental health and well-being. If you’re looking for a counselor that is kind, trustworthy, and honest- make an appointment with Laura!
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura is a great councilor and person. She has helped me a lot.
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura is wonderful counselor. She has helped me to understand and decrease my symptoms of anxiety when past counselors never took the time. Laura is kind, professional and easy to communicate with.
J in Amherst, NY – May 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura helped our family when we needed it the most. Our thirteen year old daughter was diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression and we had no idea what to do. We never thought she would agree to therapy. Laura, however, made her feel safe, allowing her to open up and get the help she needed. She has worked with her and us for two years now, consistently showing kindness and understanding.
Jan 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
I have been seeing Laura for over 3 years now. She is absolutely amazing at her job! She truly cares about her patients and has helped me with so much. I started counseling because I had trouble dealing with my anger and was struggling with both depression and anxiety. She helped me to learn better ways to handle things and I never thought I'd be where I am now. Laura is the best!! :)
Brina – Jan 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Listens intently and gives the right feedback to help you thru your issues. It’s nice to find a therapist who listens and also helps with solutions at the same time. Pays attention to detail in your life and it’s like talking to a friend, the most comfortable I’ve ever been talking to someone. Highly recommend.
Ny – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
My son has been seeing Laura since he was six. We have taken some periodic breaks but whenever anxiety and worry really start to affect him, he asks to go see Laura. She makes sessions fun for him and has taught him ways to manage his anxiety and he’s really made a lot of progress. Whenever anyone asks for a referral, I always give them Laura’s information.
Jill – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
I found Laura while googling grief counseling in the area. I can’t imagine having ever gone to another counselor. Laura has helped me improve my life in so many ways- from serious things to every day mundane issues. I would recommend her to anyone.
Kenmore, NY – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
I have recommended Laura to many friends and the reason is She has helped me immensely with my anxiety . I now know how to cope with things that have always gotten the best of me. On the days I met with her, i almost felt a wave of calmness after . I felt understood and not ashamed of being who i was. She's changed my mind when it comes to talking with someone and seeking the help I needed .
Maria in Derby , Ny – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Not only do I see Laura but my son meets with her as well, Laura is great, friendly and professional.
N.Tonawanda, NY – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura is professional and caring. She patiently supported my daughter during a difficult time.
NY – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura has been wonderful with my young daughter. Her responsiveness, encouraging attitude, and empathetic demeanor make her very approachable and engaging, and my daughter enjoys her sessions.. Laura is able to explain, reassure, and challenge her in a helpful way. Laura has been a tremendous support for our whole family. Her expertise on trauma and anxiety, her practical approaches to living fully (and peacefully,) and her assistance in communicating with our school have been incredible.
M.H. in Lewiston, NY – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
I have been going to Laura for 2 years now and she has helped me grow and realize that trauma will get better. She is so down to earth and is so understanding. I always look forward to my appointments with her.
buffalo – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura has had two of my children as clients and I would highly recommend her. She is thorough, caring , and very good with children/teens.
Dana in Lewiston,NY – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura and I connected instantly. I have felt very comfortable with her and always feel better after our sessions. She has taken the time to get to know me so that we communicate in a very effective way which makes our time together very valuable. She also works on a relationship with those closest to me so that she can get a bigger picture of what may be affecting me.
Karen in Amherst, NY – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
Laura is a great therapist. She is easy to trust. She helps you set goals, and gives gentle pushes to attain them. She is warm and inviting. She also has a vast area of expertise, so if you have more than one troubling situation, she can help with most of them.
Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?
I have been seeing Laura Thompson for over 7 years, and would highly recommend her to anyone seeking counseling. She offers flexible scheduling, and I have truly learned some amazing skills to better myself and my life.
Katy Wilmot in North Tonawanda, NY – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Thompson, LMHC?

How was your experience with Laura Thompson?

• Counseling