Laura Sikes, MA

Laura Sikes, MA

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Laura Sikes, MA is a counselor in Chattanooga, TN and has been practicing for 10 years. She graduated from University Of North Carolina in 2008 and specializes in counseling, play therapy, and more.Read her story

3914 Saint Elmo Ave Ste C

Chattanooga, TN 37409

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Learn about Laura Sikes

Laura Sikes' bio

This content was provided by Laura Sikes "I am relatively new to the Chattanooga area, however, when I established my practice here three years ago, I knew that I had chosen the right place. The people here remind me very much of the North Carolinians I had been used to for my entire life. My client list is growing as I gain the trust of people here in the scenic city.I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with Mental Health Service Provider designation in the state of Tennessee (LPC/MHSP #2864).I am certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC #240851), the American Psychotherapy Association (ID#15569), and the Association for Play Therapy (#T2889). I am also a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (IATP exp. 5-31-17). I am a longstanding member of the Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Honor Society, The American Counseling Association, and The Smokey Mountain Counseling Association.Psychotherapy is a second career for me as I taught in the NC public school system for 30 years before beginning part-time graduate studies in Mental Health Counseling at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I graduated in 2008 and was immediately hired at United Family Services, which had been my internship site for the year preceding graduation. I worked as a generalist there from 2008 - 2011. I enjoyed a diverse client base while there as I worked extensively with individuals of all ages, couples, families and groups.In addition to my private practice in Chattanooga, I also teach master's level classes in Counseling at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga as an adjunct faculty member (Spring 2012-present). I have received specialized training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples, EMDR (Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Levels I and II, Guided Imagery with Music and Mindfulness-Based Therapy. I have an excellent client record and I take my profession very seriously. I am ready to help you and your family lead healthy, strong lives."

This content was provided by Laura Sikes "Riverside Psychotherapy has chosen to use water as a symbol for both the name of the practice and as an analogy of the process of psychotherapy. Water often symbolizes life, reflection, renewal, and transformation. Aquatic animals are skilled in finding their way through the muddle to clearly realize their intent. We believe that the processes of effective psychotherapy and life-giving water, so essential to our survival, have much in common."

• Counseling
  • Couples Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Play Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma

Laura Sikes does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Play Therapy

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Campbell University Incorporated
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • University Of North Carolina
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Laura Sikes has no awards or honors listed.

Laura Sikes has no media or publications listed.

Laura Sikes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Laura Sikes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Laura Sikes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Laura Sikes

4.0

Laura Sikes?
What People Say About Laura Sikes, MA
Dr. Sikes, has been a tremendous help. She has been patient, exploitive, and directional in my therapy journey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Sikes, MA?
We went to Susan Sikes for couples therapy for a span of 4 months and she..quit us. Out of the 10ish sessions there were 2 really difficult sessions (it's couples therapy, there are going to be heated sessions) After the first difficult session she told us she wasn't sure about keeping us on as...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Laura Sikes, MA?

How was your experience with Laura Sikes?