Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Larry Goldfarb, DC
Dr. Larry Goldfarb, D.C., C.C.S.P.Driving down Eisenhower Parkway (in my brand new 2 week old Toyota Celica) one fall morning in 1974 I was suddenly surprised by a Chrysler New Yorker making an illegal turn across the highway. The force of the accident was enough to pull the seat belt out of the floorboard of the car and I landed into the windshield.I was taken to the hospital and they set my nose, gave me a brace for my neck, prescriptions for my neck pain and away I went. Weeks later, I now had a full-blown whiplash injury with severe pain, spasm and weakness of the neck and shoulders. I had missed a few weeks of work as the neck pain was so severe that I couldn't drive or concentrate on work.I saw the orthopedist who took X-Rays of my neck each time I saw him, gave me more medication and offered no solution except to tell me that it will go away. Months went by with no resolve.My next door neighbor was a Chiropractor and suggested that I see him and that he would be able to help me. I first said no thanks as I was afraid of Chiropractors (thanks to my mom telling me they were quacks). After a few more weeks I figured that I would give it a try, nothing else was working.After 2 weeks of care and I was a new man! I was out of pain, no more headaches and my strength was returning to my arms. Consequently my asthma cleared up and I began to run on a regular basis, which I still do today.I went back to the orthopedist eager to share my success and he blew a gasket! He told me I was out of my mind and that he refused to treat me saying that "if I wanted to get treated by a quack that was my business but do not return here anymore"That was the beginning of my career in Chiropractic. As I continued to get treated my interest in this heath field increased and one day I announced that I wanted to go to Chiropractic College. This was a decision that changed my life forever. Little did I realize that there were thousands of people out there that I was going to help and make a difference in their lives!I graduated in 1978 from New York Chiropractic College with high honors, named to the Chiropractic Honor Society for Academic Excellence, was inducted into Who's Who Among Students in America's Colleges and Universities.I started Madison Family Chiropractic Center in 1979 and have been practicing in Morris County ever since. The progression of my practice can be found in the "our history section" of the website.I have always found that I enjoyed learning and continued to educate myself after graduation from Chiropractic School. I received a degree as a Chiropractic Sports Physician I 1985. In 2004 I was awarded a degree in Doctor of Natural Medicine and in 2008 I was full body certified in Active Release Technique. Along the way I also picked up knowledge of human biomechanics, 3 dimension mathematical analysis of human motion. I am now active on the Advisory Board of SpinalAid in Tampa Florida.Besides my life in Chiropractic, I have 2 children Lauren and Michael, who are well along in their careers and are very successful. It was not without a bit of heartache and worry as my son Michael decided that joining the Marines and going to Iraq was a good idea! He is now a policeman in Millburn. Lauren is in marketing for an investment firm.I am married to a wonderful woman, Sharon who in her own right is a professional dancer and is the owner of Sharon's Studio of Dance in Whippany for the past 32 years. Her sons James and Ryan are moving along well towards their goals in life. James works for the town of Hanover and Ryan is in his second year of Physical Therapy School at Rutgers University and is achieving high honors in his studies.My path in life has been a blessing. I get up every day and have the privilege of helping people get well. I give them possibilities that they did not have before in life and that is what drives me in my professional career. I have made this my life's work and I know that I made the right choice!

Medical and Wellness Center of New Jersey

7 Ridgedale Ave

Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927

• Ameritas
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Goldfarb

• Sports Medicine
  • Chiropractic Sports Medicine

Dr. Goldfarb does not have any board certifications listed.

• Decompression

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Monmouth University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Goldfarb has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Goldfarb has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Goldfarb does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goldfarb and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Goldfarb's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goldfarb to family and friends
based on 4 total reviews
Dr. Goldfarb's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Larry Goldfarb, DC?
Are you Dr. Goldfarb?