Dr. Larry Friedberg, PHD

Dr. Larry Friedberg, PHD

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. Larry Friedberg, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Bloomfield Hills, MI and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from The University Of Michigan in 1984 and specializes in clinical psychology, psychology, and more.

7457 Franklin Rd Ste 210

Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Friedberg

This content was provided by Dr. Friedberg "I have provided therapeutic help to many patients over my years in practice.  My patents tell me that I am a good listener, and I believe I am non-judgmental and empathic.

I enjoy the variety that comes from treating patients at different ages and with different kinds of problems.  I treat children, adolescents, adults and couples.  I have specialized for many years with adults, children and families who are going through or who have gone through a divorce.

I have worked in different settings as a psychologist, impatient, outpatient, mental health, and substance abuse, which has broadened my knowledge of my field, and my knowledge of the kinds of problems for which people seek assistance.  Teaching and supervising graduate students and newly trained psychologists has also deepened my knowledge of psychological problems, of the patents who seek our help, and of the treatments which promote real change.

In addition to my work as a psychotherapist, I also specialize in psychological assessment. My psychological evaluations have included cognitive, mental health, and personality assessments, and assessments for legal matters.

For the past several years, I have actively been engaged in therapeutic assessment.   Therapeutic assessment, also known as collaborative assessment, was developed by Stephen Finn, Constance Fisher, and Leonard Handler.  Therapeutic assessment is a form of psychological assessment in which the assessment is itself an intervention promoting change in the life of a person (child, adolescent or adult), couple, or family.

From my varied and challenging case load, I learn every day, which keeps me fresh and engaged.  I believe in my patients' ability to get better, to master their difficulties and to learn to accept themselves."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Adult Clinical Psychology
  • Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology
  • Forensic Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology

Dr. Friedberg does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Michigan State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • University Of Michigan Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • University Of Michigan Psychological Clinic
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • The University Of Michigan
    Medical School | Graduated 1984

Dr. Friedberg has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Friedberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Friedberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Friedberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Friedberg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Friedberg

2.0

Dr. Friedberg?
Dr. Friedberg's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Larry Friedberg, PHD
Didn't like that I told him that I thought he was biased. In revenge, he told me he was fired while telling everyone else I quit. If he is unable to make contact with appropriate health care providers, he gives up without asking for help or letting you know there is an issue. Basically I believe...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Larry Friedberg, PHD?
When you start having contempt for the people paying you (notice I didn't say patients), it's time to find a different job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Larry Friedberg, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Friedberg?