Larry Cohen, LICSW

Counseling ·  Male · Age 63

Larry Cohen

Larry Cohen, LICSW - Social Anxiety Help - National Social Anxiety Center DC

4808 43rd Pl NW Washington, DC 20016

Larry Cohen, LICSW is a counselor in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan School Of Social Work in 1987 and specializes in counseling, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.

Larry Cohen accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check if Larry Cohen treats your condition or procedure

Larry Cohen's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CTB-I)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Relationship Issues

Likelihood to recommend Larry Cohen

Larry Cohen?
Larry Cohen's Performance
What People Say About Larry Cohen, LICSW
Larry Cohen is a gem -- attentive, articulate, patient and caring. He paid close attention, asked focused, appropriate questions, and made recommendations ("homework") that helped put me back in control of my life. Larry's calm demeanor and encouraging, low-key style made it easy to engage in frank and open give-and-take with him. In short, Larry listened constructively and offered solutions that were objective, practical and realistic. I am deeply grateful to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
Larry is a caring, effective therapist who combines evidence-based practices with a thoughtful listening style. I made great progress working with Larry on work-related anxiety, and I can't thank him enough. I highly recommend Larry to anyone who seeks effective CBT.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I agree what the other person said. He is controlling and arguementitive.
The central strategy of cognitive-behavioral...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
Larry's individual and group therapy are incredibly powerful methods for the treatment of social anxiety. His practice is rooted in many years of experience navigating the subtleties of treatment and honing in on what actually works. I have spent the better part of my life searching for ways to combat my social anxiety, but it wasn't until I met Larry that I actually began to make significant strides in becoming more comfortable with who I am and how I perceive myself and others. I am eternally grateful for having met Larry. If social anxiety is a challenge for you, do yourself a favor and commit to group or individual sessions with Larry and see for yourself the radical change it can bring.
Life Changing
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
Larry helped me learn important strategies to overcome anxiety and depression, and to achieve personal goals I had previously not been making progress on. If you want a therapist to just be a warm and caring listener, and to not challenge you to make changes in your life, go elsewhere. Larry will guide you in learning and using skills and techniques will help you change your life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I attended Larry's CBT group for social anxiety in 2018. Social anxiety is by nature a difficult problem to overcome because it requires the individual's own initiative in facing their fears. Larry's group is among the few that offer an effective treatment by empowering the individual to conduct their own experiments and thus redefining their core beliefs, all while providing a supportive environment in which to discuss and practice techniques. No BS theory, your experiences are your teacher.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I had individual therapy with Larry for social anxiety, work-related anxiety, and relationship challenges. I gained a lot of useful techniques that I continue to use to challenge my thought patterns and become less socially anxious. Larry is patient and attentive and makes sure to address everything that is important to the patient each session.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I went to Dr Cohen seeking help for my anxiety and depression. He taught me very useful tools for how to manage both. So I still deal with anxiety and depression, but both are less severe and less frequent.
Thank you for your feedback! I wish to point out...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
My psychologist recommended that I join Larry's group to work through my social anxiety. It took me two years to make an appointment and walk into his home. I was terrified. I can honestly say that I use the skills that I learned from Larry's CBT focused group every single day. I am a social worker now and am able to "sell"CBT to others. I use the techniques I learned to help with both my psychopathology and every day life situations. Larry's group was nothing short of life changing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
Larry is an incredible therapist. He empowered me to change avoiding behaviors that had stymied my personal development for many years. He is warm, kind, thoughtful, and offers guidance and insight to his patients. I've already recommended him to several of my friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I owe a great debt to Larry for the transformation that took place in my life. He is a patient counselor who takes the time to know each individual and offers unwavering support throughout the program. He understands the range of emotions that one may feel taking this step and offers a thoughtful and well executed process to face and overcome your fears. It changed my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
Larry is a very caring teacher/counselor who wants only the best out of his patients. He encourages you in various ways and will push you to get the best out of you. It will be uncomfortable, at times, and seem demanding, however, I quickly learned it's only for the best. I have to remind myself how else will I break out of my shell and step outside my comfort zone. He does encourage you to speak-up and give feedback. Overall, a very great experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
Larry is really good. He is very patient and really listens. He also keeps things very simple and does not make presumptions. I came to him for social anxiety and he really helped me. I use his tips every day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I was in Larry's social anxiety group and he taught us different skills/techniques to deal with the social anxiety. The group is very interactive and Larry make the members feel comfortable expressing themselves even if all group members have social anxiety issues. I've learned and changed since I joined the group and I'd recommend Larry to anyone who has social anxiety and want to make some changes in their lives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I came to Larry for social anxiety and participated in the group program. It gave me the tools to decrease my social anxiety greatly. Larry was always professional, attentive, knowledgable and caring. He taught me many valuable tools that helped me overcome my fears of interacting with people at work and in personal relationships. If you need help from social anxiety, please consider Larry. I can't imagine anyone better than Larry at treating social anxiety.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I had a really great experience, working with Larry. Before I started, I struggled greatly with social anxiety and at times, it felt paralyzing. Once I began working with Larry in group sessions, I learned how to address the underlying issues in my life that created my social anxiety. As those sessions progressed, I actively began to engage in social interactions with strangers, co-workers, and began dating. This definitely changed my life for the better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
I worked with Larry Cohen for a year;, and during that time we focused on developing skills to help me overcome challenges which have plagued me for many years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
Larry is an amazing social worker. He is extremely friendly and knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Larry Cohen, LICSW?
When I first started seeing Larry, I was a socially-anxious college kid with very low self-esteem. I'm now a confident adult, happily married with an active social life. He is a brilliant therapist who's compassion, attentiveness and expertise are the best I've experienced. He has a systematic but flexible approach to challenging underlying negative assumptions that were the basis of my social anxiety and other issues. Larry's cognitive restructuring method was incredibly effective for me.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Larry Cohen?

Compare Providers