La Shonda Sims, LPCC

La Shonda Sims, LPCC

Counseling  ·
Female
La Shonda Sims, LPCC is a counselor in Louisville, KY. She specializes in counseling.Read her story

2210 Goldsmith Ln Ste 202

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Husky Health

Learn about La Shonda Sims

La Shonda Sims' bio

This content was provided by La Shonda Sims "I want you to live the life you imagined! Every now and then life has a way of hitting us hard, and we can become overwhelmed and inevitably stuck! I believe that when individuals enter counseling they are feeling gridlocked in their current situation and need assistance navigating their way out of the storms. I see counseling as a process by which I guide my client in exploration, clarifications, and identification of their needs. Often times, we might not know what we need, we just know something needs to change! I'm here to help you figure it out. Through therapeutic techniques, treatment modalities, and supportive listening, I help raise clients' awareness of ineffective behaviors and distorted ways of thinking that may be standing in the way of the change they wish to see. At Sims Counseling & Consulting, our motto is "Transformation begins with renewed thoughts," meaning if you change your thinking; you can change your life! In therapy, I provide a safe place for clients to explore their lives and their core beliefs that shapes the reality they are living. No person is the same, therefore I integrate a variety of therapeutic interventions that will yield optimum results for each unique individual. I have experience working with children, adolescents, adults, families, couples, and groups. I have experience addressing marital and relationship conflicts, behavioral problems, depression, coping with transitions, anxiety, parenting challenges, grief, and self-esteem. The past three years of my life, I was honored and privileged to support the brave men and women who support our great nation. I understand the challenges of military life and the stress of deployments on individuals and families. I am sensitive to issues of faith and spirituality, and at your request I am willing to incorporate spirituality into treatment."

• Counseling

La Shonda Sims does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Western Kentucky University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006
  • Western Kentucky University
    Other Education | Completed 2009

La Shonda Sims has no awards or honors listed.

La Shonda Sims has no media or publications listed.

La Shonda Sims does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are La Shonda Sims and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

La Shonda Sims' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending La Shonda Sims to family and friends
Are you La Shonda Sims?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Marriage & Family Therapy