Counseling  |
Kurt LaRose, LCSW
I've been in practice since 2005. I've worked in a few different private practice offices, with other professionals (a psychiatric nurse practitioner), and I've worked onsite in maximum security institutions. I've deal with the insurance debacle and have worked in school settings. I'm a professional development presenter and clinical social work supervisor. I developed counseling programs in a rural setting. I'm a published author and a presenter on helping other providers set up full protocol digital server private practices (with insurance billing and credit card processing, as well as client portal practice access 24 hours a day). I credentialed in Clinical Hypnotherapy. My years in practice, with many more years in various social services settings, including my years as a college professor, as well as my diverse background from online therapy, onsite therapy, and in the office traditional therapy, all lend themselves well in my eclectic approach. Using digital technology is a part of advanced and effective practice; I have been involved in standardizing digital practice concepts since developing my own database and online forms (more recently becoming an affiliate to a national HIPAA compliant server, including being a lead presenter at the NASW FL state conference on the topic of online services models - in 2016. Most of my married couples are done in less than 10 sessions, some less than 15; because my traditional (non-concierge) mental health clients self schedule the utilize services less often, they miss fewer sessions, and they are more motivated to improve! To learn more about me click on the BIO link at the TalkifUwant website!

Kurt LaRose MSW LCSW

220 John Knox Rd Ste 4A

Tallahassee, FL 32303

• New Directions Behavioral Health

Learn about Kurt LaRose

In your initial consultation we'll discuss traditional in the office talk therapy or customized life satisfaction Concierge Services. Your care will be designed to label problems and find solutions - as rapidly as possible.  Using known methods you'll have a voice in what works best. Services focus on one goal - to stop therapy and support quickly as possible. My experience is with adults, couples, and children. My emphasis is based upon outcomes,  I'm not convinced that everyone needs a therapist "just to talk." Counseling is about change. It's about you getting and feeling better. I'm a generalist and eclectic. My work emphasizes your ability to change; if that is not possible - we will find out why and then consider the next best option. Your time here may include several methods: Cognitive, Behavioral, Solutions Focus, Emotive, Developmental Theories, Holistic Health, Clinical Hypnosis, and Rapid Resolution and Concierge or Coaching techniques.

• Counseling
  • Hypnosis
  • Psychotherapy
  • Social Work

Kurt LaRose does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Antisocial Behavior
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Depression
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services

• Union Institute & University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • Florida State University College Of Social Work
    Other Education | Completed 2005
  • Institute For Survivors Of Sexual Violence (Clinical Hypnosis)
    Other Education | Completed 2011

Kurt LaRose has no awards or honors listed.

Kurt LaRose does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Kurt LaRose and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kurt LaRose's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Kurt LaRose to family and friends
Kurt LaRose's Performance
Tallahassee, FL |
I can't say enough about how this man has helped me better my life! Online scheduling was easy and convenient to use. The office was a comfortable environment and Kurt was very knowledgeable about so many topics and available therapy techniques, that I felt we covered a wide range of areas I wanted to improve in. I loved that he was able to give scientifically sound explanations of how our brains and bodies work to make sense of our responses! Definitely felt he worked as hard as I did!
Tallahassee, FL |
Great listener! He was always able to provide a science-based answer to why things happen. He never wastes time and is quick to get to the point. My wife and I are much closer as a result of his intuitive counseling.
in Tallahassee, FL |
Mr. LaRose is extremely intuitive; he listens carefully and absorbs the information shared and uses it in his counseling approaches. My husband and I have been to other therapists for marriage counseling and none of them are in the same league. He gets to the point and stays on task - he doesn't drag the number of sessions out but rejoices in the couples' successes. My husband NEVER opened up and responded to a therapist as he did with Mr. LaRose - our 50 yr marriage is even better & stronger!
in Tallahassee , FL |
Day 1, Kurt is straight forward to the point. He listens well. Nothing gets by. Stays on track. He makes sure you understand and keeps you on track. He has counseled me for work issues, self issues, step-father(me) issues. Marriage issues. Father and Brother issues. He is proactive, engaging and makes you understand the 4 major areas in mostly everyone's life. Sad,Glad, Mad and Scared. If I could give Kurt 10 out of 10 Stars.
in Tallahassee, FL |
Instead of listening to me complain about my problems KLR gives me specific tools I can use to work through them. He has so many tools to teach that out of all of them one usually is effective. I have bipolar illness&PTSD and I have made more progress in 9 months with KLR than I have in, no exaggeration, 10 years of other therapy. Be warned, he is not going to go easy on you but his methods are very effective! He hypnotised me to quit smoking 6 mo ago! I had smoked 30 years, no more. Incredible
Have you seen Kurt LaRose, LCSW?
Are you Kurt LaRose?