Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD

AcupunctureMaleAge 56

Acupuncture

Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD is a Acupuncturist in Fairfax, VA. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD

TrendCare - Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine

8303 Arlington Blvd Ste 210 Fairfax, VA 22031 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Acupuncturists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Chou treats your condition or procedure

• Menopause
  • Neck Pain
  • Stress

Dr. Chou accepts

Dr. Chou accepts the following insurance:

Select
CareFirst Maryland POS

Dr. Chou's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chou

Dr. Chou

If you are looking for a cure when the western medicine fails to deliver, Dr. Chou is your best bet in the DMV region. Dr. Chou is extremely dedicated to his patients and truly cares about your well-being. We have experienced tremendous progress after only 3 months of acupuncture therapy and herbal treatment with Dr. Chou. I would recommend Dr. Chou to anyone without reservation.
Potter – Jan 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
Dr Chou is amazing. I went to him as a last resort when all western medicine doctors were recommending me a full hysterectomy due to long, heavy periods which led to anemia and other complications. I had already had surgery to remove fibroids and birth control and other hormonal medications to treat and regulate, but these were not working, or causing serious side effects like extreme pain and insomnia. Dr. Chou said treatment to regulate hormonal unbalance would take 3 to 6 months, two - three times per week. I started my treatment in August, twice a week and have noticed serious improvement in my overall wellness. My periods used to be really heavy and last 20 - 25 days - they are down to four days and certainly a lot lighter. They are coming every 24 days, and before they were constant. I was a bit skeptic at first but Dr Chou's treatments are really effective. I have not had to take any herbs for my situation, and I am so grateful to Dr Chou for his skill and dedication!
Nov 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
I have gone through 3 cycles of IVF, and they have all failed. I heard about Dr. Chou from my friend, and I thought why not give it a shot. So my husband and I started infertility treatment with acupuncture with him at the end of Jan 2020. He told us that it would take at least 3 months for the treatment to start working. We found out that I was pregnant on June 2020. Dr. Chou is patient and caring. You can tell him about changes with your body, like whether it be different symptoms or how your body feels. He will change the treatment according to your condition and your needs. Before working with Dr. Chou, I had a bad experience with acupuncture, but his technique is very good. I felt pretty relaxed during the treatment (despite having a fear of needles), and I changed my perspective after the first visit. If you also have an infertility problem, I highly recommend dropping by Dr. Chou's office for a consultation. I believe you will be in good hands.
Amy Chao – Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
March 20, 2020 I am so happy to have found Dr. Chou! He is an exceptional Acupuncture practitioner who has extensive education in this field with a list of impressive degrees, including two PhD’s. He started treating his siblings when he was still a teen in Taiwan where his father schooled him in this ancient art. He has a gentle touch and places the needles perfectly with no discomfort to me. He has a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and what causes pain. My first visit to Dr. Chou was an education in his method of treatment. He took time to explain in detail what to expect and he listened to my concerns and answered my questions. After the second visit, my primary concern (a persistent cough) was completely eliminated and has not returned. My tendonitis/carpal tunnel in my dominant hand is 90% better after a few visits and my painful knees are 100% after the 2nd treatment. I am more than happy and extremely grateful to Dr. Chou for everything he has done for me.
Jeanette L. – Mar 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
I visited Dr. Chou 3rd week of November 2019 and for two weeks I had 6 acupuncture sessions for my hip joints. My orthopaedic doctor said I had osteoarthritis in my hip jointsI. I had difficulty walking. After six sessions, I improved considerably that I felt no pain walking. While I lay with pins on me, I would pray and ask the Lord to send his healing power thru the needles. Dr. Chou is good what he does and the Lord is good what He does too, between the two of them, I believe I got well. I would recommend Dr. Chou to you anytime. He is well learned and knows his practice well.
Marriatt – Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2018. Post treatment, I've been on Tamoxifen for about a year and was feeling chronic fatigue and depression. In addition, I have had lower back pain forever since I had back labor with my oldest child who is now 17. I've also had neck and shoulder pain from day to day working in an office at a desk. After going to Dr. Chou 8 times, it was amazing how each and every time, how much better I felt. I was completely relaxed and good feel a significant difference after each 1 hour session. I'm not sure why I hadn't gone sooner. I'm so glad I went and I'd encourage anyone (even those skeptical) to give it a try and have an open mind. You won't be sorry!
Amanda Halagao-Davis – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
I write this review because I want people to know how good Dr. Chou is. I was referred to Dr. Chou by the Veterans Hospital. I am glad they did. I had been suffering with lower back pain related to herniated disc for over 10 years . After 4 treatments the pain improved 90%. So,I mentioned the pain in my feet where the western doctor said was arthritis, Dr. Chou treated the area several times and the pain has gone away. Also, I mention the tinnitus which I was told there was no cure by the western doctors. Dr. Chou treated me 4 times and the volume has lowered considerably. I recommend him very highly..
Melvin – Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
I found Dr. Chou by my friend reference. I am very happy now. This doctor has unique combinations of qualities: deep knowledge and intensive experience in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and very meticulous, striving to do his best. After about 3 months of weekly procedures, I noticed improvement in my condition. I suffered from chronic cough and running nose for many years. Now after almost a year of treatment I feel much better. The rates are reasonable, insurances accepted.
Victor in Rockville – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
I’ve been searching or a "Dr." provides acupuncture & herbal medicine.Dr. Chou not only he was trained in the most notorious medical school(Taiwan), but also got his Doctor in Tradition Chinese Medicine in the most famous university(China).Dr. Chou has over 30 years experience of Chinese medicine. My acne cleared up/face is glowing/sleep better/much better mood/ headache, wrist & back pain-free/chronic inflammation is gone. I am so happy that I am now medicine free. I highly recommend Dr. Chou.
Nurse since 1995 in Oakton, VA – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
Dr. Chou has a thorough knowledge and a lot of experience in Chinese medicine and acupuncture. He treated my tough health problems. I strongly recommend him.
Lawrence in LA, MD – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
Dr. Chou has been treating me for sleep problems. I have suffered from insomnia for most of my adult life, especially during periods of stress. Dr. Chou always listens attentively when I describe my symptoms, and asks a lot of questions. He is concerned with my overall health, not just the issue that brought me to him. After my fourth treatment I began noticing significant improvement in my sleep. I also feel less stressed and feel healthier overall. I recommend him highly to anyone.
MD – Nov 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
Dr. Chou is great, caring and well knowledgeable about infertility treatment conjunction with acupuncture. For women who are going through infertility treatment, I highly recommend to consult with Dr. Chou to see how acupuncture is beneficial to balance your body and hormones as you prepare for pregnancy. The office displays tons of testimony for successful pregnancy, as well.
Christina in Fairfax, VA – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
Great experience visiting and recieving acupuncture. He fixed a shoulder issue I had several years ago so I went to him with a back problem. He fixed me right up.
Jorn in Chantilly, VA – Jun 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
Dr. Chou has helped my neck pain when no one else could. After 30+ physical therapy appointments and multiple recommendations from Eastern medicine doctors to resort to a long-term pain specialist I went to see Dr. Chou upon a friend's recommendation. I am so glad that I did. He's straightforward, takes the time with you to understand your case and explain to you how acupuncture may or may not help and why. He's just the best and I cannot say enough good things about him. Go see him!
Brooke M in Annandale, VA – May 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?
I was referred to Dr. Chou through my IVF office. I experienced a miscarriage the year before & was told acupuncture can help a pregnancy. I visited his office 2-3 x a week a few weeks before my IUI & months afterward (well past the first trimester). Each time I left the office, I felt refreshed, at peace, & I know the baby felt it too. I delivered a healthy boy last fall and I felt amazing throughout the pregnancy. We plan on having another baby & I most certainly will visit Dr. Chou again!
Rachel in Alexandria, VA – Apr 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kuan-Chung Chou, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chou?