Kristy Anderson, MACP

CounselingFemaleAge 70

Counseling

Kristy Anderson, MACP is a Counselor in Phoenix, AZ. Her office accepts new patients.

Kristy Anderson, MACP

Insight TherapyAZ

4545 E Shea Blvd Phoenix, AZ 85028

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"My primary focus has always been the Whole Person concept incorporating the psycho-social-spiritual and biological components in your treatment. I can help you achieve this by providing you with honest direct feedback co..."

- Kristy Anderson, MACP

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Kristy Anderson treats your condition or procedure

Kristy Anderson's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Substance Abuse

Kristy Anderson accepts

Kristy Anderson accepts the following insurance:

Kristy Anderson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Kristy Anderson

Kristy Anderson

Kristy is the best therapist choice done.
I am seeing Kristy since February 2022, after we got known, got my diagnost. We have done some EMDR successfully tackled the main issue that drove me to seek her kind of help. I waited for an openning with Kristy for months. The waiting worthed. She is a professional and compationed person. I still working with her. Yes English is not my fluent but Kristy is extremely flexible with my broken english. Thanks Kristy for the help.
O. King – Jul 16, 2022
Thank you Kristy!
I worked with Kristy for about 3 months and we made immense progress in a short amount of time. I have had many counselors/therapists before and Kristy is the first who I felt really heard me and gave me truly valuable tools to move throughout my days and life. We did EMDR after Kristy got to know me and my background better and I highly recommend it. Kristy helped me to find my peace in myself and see that the tools have been within me all along.
Apr 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
Kristi is truly amazing and I recommend anyone looking to help reduce their anxiety or triggers related to PTSD to make an appointment with her. Our visits were educational, informational & made me feel appreciated and safe. I felt comfortable sharing my past trauma and my EMDR sessions have greatly reduced my typical stress levels, anxiety and fears in a matter of weeks after finishing our sessions. The way I’ve reframed my thoughts in a matter of months astounds me. I’m really glad I met her, the quality of my life has improved tremendously and I’m very grateful for her expertise.
Kelly – Dec 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
I worked with Kristy to help me overcome my childhood sexual abuse trauma. She is a no BS therapist and will challenge you when you try to give any excuses that aren't valid. I had been seeing therapists for years but none of them specialized in trauma. With Kristy, we did CBT then EMDR and it has helped me more than I could have ever imagined. I would highly recommend her to help you with any past trauma.
Oct 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
DO NOT SEE THIS THERAPIST. Do NOT set an appointment with Kristy! Unprofessional, while lacking the ethical standards for therapy. She changed the appointement 3 times! On the third re-set appointment, she sends a TEXT stating she may have to cancel. After driving 45 minutes to her office, she shows up late. To top it off, she had me upload all my insurance documentation and confirmed she received but after I waited for her to arrive, she then tells me she does NOT accept my insurance. SHE IS a FLAKE! DO NOT SEE THIS THERAPIST Shame on you!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 28, 2021
I had moved my schedule to a Tuesday through...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
Kristy worked with me to help me deal with some anxiety and depression, primarily stemming from my work, but also due to both the pandemic and some things that I had been carrying around with me for much longer than I realized. Kristy was an excellent partner for the journey through these woods -- she was empathetic, sympathetic, and incredibly receptive, while also capable of being firm with me when I needed it. With her help, I managed to work through some very long-standing issues, and as a result, am in a much better place mentally and emotionally. Over the course of six months, we worked through traditional therapy augmented with EMDR treatment to revisit significant memories and reframe my internalized understanding of those pivotal moments. With time, work, and Kristy's help, I've been able to shake off numerous doubts and insecurities that have plagued me for a very long time. I would have no hesitation to recommend her services to anyone looking to do the same.
Rob – Jul 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
Kristy was amazing! In just a couple sessions I noticed a difference in my anxiety levels. Before, I could never leave the house without sever panic attacks. Kristy gave me the tools and confidence to leave the house. Now a couple months later I can go out without fear.
Jennifer B – Mar 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
Kristy is a true healer and I will be forever grateful for her services. She helped me to process via EMDR some painful memories from my childhood that were on a continuous loop in my mind for nearly 18 years. Before therapy: even the shear thought of my most painful childhood memories would instantly bring tears to my eyes and my physical body would start to respond (increased heart rate, shallow breath, chest ache, etc). Post therapy: none of those responses occur. Instead I now have healthy, neutral thoughts about this memory. I also have more confidence and discovered inner peace and power. Kristy has a safe, peaceful and nurturing approach to her therapeutic style, while calling you out on your BS at all the right times.
Ashley Santa Cruz – Oct 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
Kristy earned my respect in a matter of 5 minutes. She is very good at looking at the patient and calling out what needs to be worked on. The method of C.B.T. and EMDR therapy with Kristy has changed my life for the better. She challenged me to think in different ways. This awakening of open thinking has served me beyond my expectations, in a good way. Thank you Kristy, for your help, experience and training.
Steve – Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
Kristy is very helpful for working through trauma. She is a straight shooter and a great listener.
Emily – Sep 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
Kristy is a kind, no nonsense person, which is exactly what I needed when looking for a counselor. I'd recommend her to anyone in a heart beat as she is great at hearing what I am trying to say even when I have trouble vocalizing my feelings. She presented me with great tools for continued growth and walked me through step by step so that I feel confident utilizing them on my own. Overall, she's a fantastic person and an amazing counselor.
Seyna – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?
Kristy has helped me more than I could have imagined in just 7 sessions of therapy and EMDR. I highly recommend her services!
Barbara Joyce in Phoenix – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Kristy Anderson, MACP?

How was your experience with Kristy Anderson?