Kris Imbrie, LCSW

Kris Imbrie, LCSW

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Kris Imbrie, LCSW is a counselor in Sparta, NJ. She specializes in counseling, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.Read her story

3 Theatre Ctr

Sparta, NJ 07871

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Kris Imbrie

Kris Imbrie's bio

This content was provided by Kris Imbrie " Through my education for Elementary Teaching I was able to get experience with Learning Disabilities, Emotional/Behavioral Disturbances, Deaf Education, Pre-School, Adolescents and Teen Mothers. I taught in various capacities for 15 years. I crossed over into the field of Social Work after taking a job in a Battered Woman's Shelter for 7 years and working in the Outreach Office creating Violence Prevention Programs (for which I won 2 State Awards), and providing counseling. I went back to school at New York University for my MSW and became very interested in Developmental Traumatology. During that period I worked in a group home for Sexually Abused children and a group home for Chronically Mentally-ill Adults coming out of Greystone Psychiatric Hospital in New Jersey. Since 2004 I have been in private practice in Sparta, New Jersey. I have received training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Levels I and II). I do volunteer work for Project Self-Sufficiency in Newton, NJ and write a column on Parenting for their website. I look forward to finishing my book on Parent Education called Relational Parenting, and one on Techniques for Helping Children Process Trauma for Therapists."

This content was provided by Kris Imbrie "My Philosophy of care is that it needs to be effective and empowering.  I believe the current research on Brain Science supports techniques which permanently get at the residual dysregulation in the body from Trauma.

It is crucial to help clients understand their own body reactions and learn to perceive them as they're happening. As tools are practiced they become the "go to" when these feelings are experienced. I believe in the empowerment of clients to take control of their lives by healing from trauma and learning new ways to cope.

As opposed to the medical model, using medication to deal with suffering, I advocate for a more permanent solution. Medication often simply covers up the symptoms, like a band-aid.

As the client progresses, the brain actually changes and the window of safety grows. New experiences in the world seem not only possible, but desirable.  Using mind/body techniques for real healing, the client finally can reach their true potential. "

• Counseling
  • Clinical Social Work
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Developmental Disabilities Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma

Kris Imbrie does not have any board certifications listed.

• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Hampshire College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • New York University School Of Social Work
    Other Education | Completed 2004

Kris Imbrie has no awards or honors listed.

Kris Imbrie has no media or publications listed.

Kris Imbrie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Kris Imbrie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kris Imbrie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Kris Imbrie to family and friends

Kris Imbrie's Performance

Kris Imbrie Says:
"

N/A

"

Kris Imbrie is a talented, compassionate professional. She has helped me recognize and overcome several personal challenges. She has helped my son overcome his school anxiety and his struggle to develop as sense of self. She gave both of us practical, useful strategies that we still use to this...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
Kris expained to the family the techniques she uses in therapy. She built good rapport with my grandson who trusted her and liked her. He wanted to schedule appointments and left therapy sessions feeling upliflted. She was responsive to requests for appointment changes and terurned messages in a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Kris is a caring, talented counselor! Her expertise in EMDR helped me through a very difficult period in my life. I have nothing but the highest praise for her..
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Kris imbrie is compassionate and very kind. She is easy to talk with. She has been very helpful with my daughter when she was having issues in high school. Her schedule is flexible. There is no waiting. You scheduled appointment time is the time she'll see you. I would highly recommend her....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Kris is compassionate, caring, and a thorough professional who has helped me immensely in my journey to wholeness and health. I highly recommend her.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0