Individual Counseling  |
Kimberly Minnick, MSW
I moved to SC from Austin, Tx just after finishing my Master's degree. I have enjoyed living and practicing in such a family oriented area that has a slower pace than the big cities I have lived in. I started my career working at The Spartanburg Alcohol & Drug Commission (now The Forrester Center) in 1998. I began part time private practice in 1999, and went full time private practice in 2004. From 02'-04', I worked under Dr Ann Marie Menendez-Caldwell, pediatric psychiatrist, which gave me such valuable information on psychiatric medications and when they are useful. I have one teenage daughter and my extended family is still in Texas. I am looking to add a therapy dog to my practice by Spring 2018. I like to hike and try new things. I love the work I do and the opportunity to get to know so many different kinds of people. I feel blessed to have such a successful practice that has helped many individuals over the 18 yrs of private practice

561 E Main St

Spartanburg, SC 29302

• Companion Benefit Alternatives
  • Planned Administration Inc

Learn about Kimberly Minnick

As a therapist, I believe in helping individuals identity the resources and answers they have within themselves, and assist them in learning how to empower themselves in new ways.

• Individual Counseling
  • Addiction Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Social Work
  • Substance Abuse Counseling

Kimberly Minnick does not have any board certifications listed.

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• University of Texas / Austin Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Texas State University
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Kimberly Minnick has no awards or honors listed.

Kimberly Minnick has no media or publications listed.

Kimberly Minnick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Kimberly Minnick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kimberly Minnick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Kimberly Minnick to family and friends
Kimberly Minnick's Performance
Very helpful with establishing communication when a lack of communication is a large part of the problem.
Boiling Springs, SC |
Very nice, helpful and bright. I always feel refreshed when I leave our appointments. She also is fun to get along with!
in Greenville SC |
Kim is terrific. Understands how to get to the root of the problem in a loving way, with great advice on working thru our issues.
Atlanta, GA |
Professional, ease of contact and scheduling appointments, great fit for needs
Spartanburg, SC |
Kim is awesome and very easy to talk to.
Spartanburg, SC |
Great experiences and extremely helpful
in Campobello SC |
Kim has done a great job in working with my son! He doesn't talk much and is not very good with initiating conversation, but by working with Kim over the last year he has gotten much better! I would highly recommend her for your teenager or young adult!
in Spartanburg, SC |
Kim is absolutely fantastic! Honestly, had it not been for her, my marriage and life very well may have fallen to pieces several times. She has helped me get through some of life's hardest struggles that I have faced. Because of her guidance and true compassion, I can move forward in my life! Thank you, Kim, for all you do for me and your clients! Much love.
in Spartanburg, SC |
Great counselor who really listens to her patients. I highly recommend her!!
in Spartanburg |
I have seen Kimberly off and on for over ten years for couples counseling and individual counseling. She was very easy to talk to and very comfortable environment. Very personalized session. I highly recommend her for any counseling needs!
I had a great experience with Kim! She was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable while having to discuss difficult topics. Looking forward to my next visit!
Mauldin, SC |
Kim has the perfect blend of professional skill and personable care and compassion. She is very qualified and current in her field. I have seen many positive results from her diligent work over the last year and a half. If there were 10 stars I would select them all, I highly recommend!
Spartanburg, SC |
Kim is professional, kind, and caring. I trust her completely to talk with my pre-teen daughter. She listens and offers strategies and solutions to help at home. I can't say enough great things about Kim and highly recommend her!
in Spartanburg,Sc |
Kim has been by my side as a professional therapist through so much of my life's changes and challenges. Over the past 12 + years I've had bumps in the road that brought me back to her . Kim is a personable, kind , person that meets all my needs . Thank you Kim for being the loving therapist that has helped me every time I need you . CC
Boiling Springs, SC |
I have counseled with Kim individually and in couples' therapy and she has also counseled my children. She is extremely knowledgeable, understanding and will stick with you until the end. I love that even if I don't want to "hear it", she will tell me like it is and give more than one way to handle issues and situations. I would highly recommend Kim for any kind of counseling. Thanks Kim for all you have done and are doing.
Spartanburg, SC |
Kimberly Minnick is the first counselor that I have found that truly listens and seeks to understand my issues and concerns. I have been to many counselors over the past five years and she, by far, separates herself by being fully committed and engaged. She shows that she cares while also providing manageable solutions. I highly recommend her as a counselor.
Kim has been instrumental in my healing and attitude after going through a very tramatic situation with my wife. We had identified and worked through several challenges that have made my quality of life better. I am very thankful to Kim for her time and therapy and allowing me work through my challenges. I am still a work I progress, but truly feel that Kim has helped me become a more aware and more empathetic to those around me.
Spartanburg, SC |
Kim is a highly skilled clinician and trained to work with a broad spectrum of issues. She has worked with with several family members over the past 14 years on issues of substance abuse and dependence, depression, anxiety and overall adjustment. She was a tremendous help in each situation.
in Spartanburg, SC |
She's great with my daughter. And available even after hours.
Spartanburg, SC |
I have recommended Kim to several families that were seeking counseling and therapy services. She is very knowledgeable and easy to communicate with. I would recommend her to parents seeking help for a child and to adults who need someone to listen and provide support.
Spartanburg, SC |
I Highly recommend her! Very caring and compassionate. Kim is Easy to talk to and I feel like she does not judge me for my problems! She has been very helpful.
Spartanburg, SC |
When I finally decided it 42 years old to deal with my "junk", I prayed to God that I could find the right therapist . My sister is a counselor and I've always just talked to her, but one day she said "I can't see you professionally, I know too much, you need to find a therapist." I promised her I would. So, I said a prayer, went to Google, and Kimberly popped up. She is truely an answered prayer and a blessing. I am so grateful I found her. From session one she was awesome!
Myrtle Beach, SC |
I have had a wonderful experience over the years. Kim has helped me through so many obstacles and overcome a lot. She always listens, and gives positive advice. She is always on time. I have never had to wait 10 minutes. Anytime I need an appointment she always finds a way to schedule me. I look forward to my appointments! I encourage everyone to give her a visit. You will leave feeling better about yourself and with a positive outlook on life!
Greenville, SC |
She is very good at listening and is a positive presence. I feel a big difference since I started talking to her. She is flexible with her schedule and understand. I highly recommend!
Sweetwater, TN |
She's an excellent counselor, my son loves talking with her. She makes him feel better because she listens intently with him.
We have been with Kim for several years now and when it was time for my daughter to decide on a college, Kim was one of the reasons she decided to stay close to home. She is an excellent listener and as the mother of a now legal adult, I appreciate the fact that she still encourages my daughter to include us when necessary. She has always given balanced advice and taken both the parental and the child's side into account when giving it.
Canton, NC |
Enjoy speaking with Kim as she helps me sort through my issues and come to my own realizations!
Gaffney, SC |
She's awesome with my teen daughter.
Spartanburg, SC |
Kim is great! She is very patient and understanding. She makes you feel comfortable and really listens. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great counselor!
in Boone, NC |
Kim is very attentive and a strong listener, I am always getting positive encouragement and very helpful feedback from her. Kim always provides a trusting and comfortable environment for me and my spouse. I would recommend her to anyone. Sincere regards Warren Williams
Spartanburg, SC |
Kim is incredibly adept at working with teens.
Moore, SC |
I love Kim. Not only is she professional with her work, she does a good job of connecting with her clients. Kim feels like a trusted friend more than anything.
in Spartanburg, SC |
Kimberly Minnick has been my therapist for a number of years. I went to a few different people trying to find a therapist but always felt judged and looked down on by them. Sometimes I felt they had better things to do and I was wasting their time. Kim makes me feel like I'm going to visit my best friend that wants to do nothing but listen to me and help me. I feel relaxed and able to talk about everything with her without her making any judgements against me. Everyone should go to Kim!! ??
Atlanta, GA |
Outstanding therapist for adolescents. Kim is young and hip and my teen finds it very easy to talk with her. She has provided my teen with several effective coping strategies and has been a blessing over all!
Thank you! I have always really enjoyed working with tweets, teens and young adults. I do my best to stay "in the know" about things relevant to this age group.
in Greenville, SC |
I refer clients to Kim Minnik all the time. She is very personable, smart, and very effective. I recommend Kim to anyone seeking individual counseling.
Thank you! That means a lot coming from another reputable addictions therapist in our area! I have enjoyed sharing many patients with you!
Have you seen Kimberly Minnick, MSW?

Visit Kimberly Minnick