Dr. Kim Marie, DOM

Dr. Kim Marie, DOM

Acupuncture  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Kim Marie, DOM is an acupuncturist in Tarpon Springs, FL and has been practicing for 12 years. She graduated from Midwest College Of Oriental Medicine in 2005 and specializes in acupuncture, endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism, and more.

39322 US Highway 19 N

Tarpon Springs, FL 34689

Learn about Dr. Marie

This content was provided by Dr. Marie "My Purpose in practice is to help as many people as possible  -- especially those who have been told they "cannot be helped" they "just need to learn to live with the problem" -- to regain and maintain their optimal level of health.  I specialize in the treatment patients suffering from chronic, functional illnesses including diabetes and its many complications; stubborn hormone-based weight problems; chronic pain; migraine and cluster headaches; allergies and food-sensitivities; insomnia; post-herpetic neuralgia; and hemiplegia (paralysis), neurological deficits and aphasia resulting from stroke (CVA -- cardiovascular accident).

I do not treat diseases and symptoms -- I treat persons who are suffering from diseases and symptoms.  I believe the distinction is a vital one.  You are not a disease or symptom; and it is not your disease or symptom -- it is an affliction -- not something you own, nor part of your identity as a person.  TV and magazine ads for pharmaceuticals tell you over and over again that it is your migraine, your diabetes, your pain, etc., to reinforce the fallacy that the disease or symptom is a part of you as much as your arms or legs or eyes; creating feelings of powerlessness, helplessness and hopelessness.

The word "doctor" is derived from the Latin word "teacher."  I take my role as a teacher as seriously as I do my role as a healer and primary health care provider.  I believe the most important things I teach my patients are first, you are not the symptom or disease that prompts you to seek my help; second, it is not your symptom or disease; and third, You are NOT Powerless over the symptom or disease -- I will teach you everything I possibly can to help you to help yourself; and to feel empowered, rather than powerless or hopeless.

I've seen all too often people who surrender all of their power and their responsibility to their doctors -- "this is what's wrong with me -- please give me a pill to fix it."  My patients and I are a team.  Your care is a collaborative effort between you and me, and your PCP when appropriate.  Your initial visit with me is at least 90 minutes because I believe in carefully evaluating everything going on with you, so you and I can determine your goals and your treatment plan together.

You are NOT Powerless!

Dr. Kim LAc DOM"

• Acupuncture
  • Chinese Herbal Medicine
  • Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Marie does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acupuncture

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Health & Wellness Center, Alexandria, Va--Body Restoration Technique Et.Al.
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique
    Other Education | Completed 2007
  • Nutrition--Bachelor Science--Midwest College Of Oriental Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 2005
  • Sports Medicine Certification
    Other Education | Completed 2005

Dr. Marie has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Marie has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marie's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Marie

3.0

Dr. Marie?
Dr. Marie's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Marie?