Dr. Kevin Smith Jr, DC

Dr. Kevin Smith Jr, DC

Chiropractic  ·
Dr. Kevin Smith Jr, DC is a chiropractor in Marietta, GA and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Life University in 2012 and specializes in chiropractic, physical therapy, and more.Read his story

3901 Mary Eliza Trce NW Ste 201

Marietta, GA 30064

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Smith Jr

Dr. Smith Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Smith Jr "Why Chiropractic? I have never been vaccinated, require no medications, have never been hospitalized, and seem to be immune to pretty much all illness. I attribute my incredible health to the fact that I eat smart, exercise regularly, and most importantly, receive chiropractic care on a regular basis. I do not get my adjustments because of pain, I see a chiropractor to stay in tip-top shape. (Please note: I am not advising against medication or vaccinations, that decision is entirely yours; I just ask that you research those topics first.) I want to share the fantastic health benefits I have experienced with as many people possible, and I do that as a chiropractor. Chiropractic care is excellent at helping people manage their pain, but I want to awaken the world to the many other advantages chiropractic brings about. How is BackSmith Different? Education is invaluable when it comes to health. Finding the culprit of each individual's issues is the key. From talking nutrition, proper workout techniques, work ergonomics, whatever it takes; I try to be a "health detective" to find and eliminate the problem. Most chiropractors, physical therapists, and massage therapists focus on relieving your symptoms. You can go to any of these professionals and there is no doubt that any one of them will make you feel better. However, if your symptom(s), or as I like to call it, Secondary Condition(s) are related to a structural shift of the spine, then you may require someone who focuses on the area of chiropractic that deals with these structural shifts. This is where I come in. I am different than most chiropractors because I focus on BioStructural Correction of the spine. What's with the name? I don't just use the name BackSmith because my last name is Smith. Like a blacksmith forges and forms metals into the shape he desires, I do the same with structural deviations of the spine which is the body's key protector of the nervous system. What Does That Have to Do With Me? Your spine is the foundation of your health. The body is designed to have the head, rib cage, and pelvis perfectly balanced upon one another in both the front and side views. If your structure is deviated from normal, then the spine is also deviated from the normal healthy position. Unfortunately, structural deviations have been associated with the development and progression of many spinal conditions and injuries including: increased muscle activity and disc injury, scoliosis, lifting injuries, sports injuries, back pain, neck pain, headaches, shoulder and ankle injuries as well as many other conditions that have nothing to do with pain. That is why you should strive to improve your spinal and structural alignment towards normal. Why is this so important? Think about it like this: If a house is not resting correctly on its foundation, then what you have is known as a structural abnormality. Could the foundation issue result in a series of problems? Could that shift of the foundation cause the walls to crack… the floors to creak… the windows to get stuck, etc.? Should we fill in the crack on the wall, put another nail in the floor and put some WD-40 on the window, or should we FIRST check the foundation and the frame of the house and correct any issues that may exist? What makes the most sense? Most doctors focus on symptoms and there's nothing wrong with that. From their perspective, when the symptoms have been addressed, the condition is no longer an issue. Meanwhile, what do you think will happen to the walls, the floor, and the window if we don't focus our attention on the foundation, which as we both KNOW, is the underlying cause? Lastly, I am not pushy when it comes to your care. I want to take your health only as far as you want to. If you are only interested in managing your pain, that is totally fine with me. However, once you see the improvements in your overall health that chiropractic brings, I'm sure you'll embrace the chiropractic lifestyle too."

This content was provided by Dr. Smith Jr "As a chiropractor I believe the spine is the most important thing you can take care of. Proper spinal alignment allows good communication between the brain and the body allowing you to function at 100% potential. The brain gets information to and from the body via the spinal cord. The spine, made up of vertebrae, protects the spinal cord. Keep your spine aligned and your health will be at its peak. We are so much more than pain doctors."

• Chiropractic
  • Chiropractic Spinal Decompression Therapy
  • Massage Therapy
  • Pediatric Chiropractic
  • Physical Therapy

Dr. Smith Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Chronic Pain Management
  • Physical Examination
  • Physical Therapy
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• West Chester University Of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • Life University
    Medical School | Graduated 2012
  • The Chiropractic Center Of Marietta
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Smith Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Smith Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith Jr to family and friends

Dr. Smith Jr's Performance

My first experience with Dr Smith was wonderful. The office is nicely decorated, had plenty of parking and the staff was friendly. I was impressed with the amount of time Dr Smith spent with me and the massage bed at the end was just icing on the cake!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I've been going to chiropractors for the last 18 years. Kevin has outperformed them all, both in bedside manners and technique. He is consistent and comes from a lineage of chiropractors and truly believes in his work and takes pride in it. I highly recommend him he's the best!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Smith is a great chiropractor and takes the time to explain the treatment plan and has been very effective in treating my chronic back pain related to osteoarthritis in my neck and sciatica from pregnancy. My functioning has improved and pain is just about gone. I would recommend him to anyone...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
At each of my visits, everything that Dr. Smith does makes it clear that he is truly interested in my health and well-being. He listens carefully to my observations and makes changes and additions to my treatment as needed. He provides top-notch professional care in a warm and friendly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Smith is absolutely amazing. I suffered from chronic sciatic pain since I had my daughter in 2009. After seeing Dr. Smith and combining yoga practice my pain lessened immediately and then almost disappeared within six months. Now I rarely have flare-ups and only need maintenance visits.
Are you Dr. Smith Jr?