Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Downing

Turning Point Counseling

1370 Brea Blvd Ste 245 Fullerton, CA 92835

Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Fullerton, CA. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Downing to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Family And Marriage Counselors in your area

See similar Family And Marriage Counselors in Fullerton

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Downing accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Downing treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Downing's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD...

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Downing's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Downing

Dr. Downing?
What People Say About Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD
Has a healthcare professional myself, for 35 plus years, I was impressed with the knowledge and wisdom he has which made the quality of the visit an extraordinary experience. Add to that a kind, caring person with excellent listening skills and you’ve hit the jackpot with Dr. Downing.
Mar 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing, is very genuine. My family and I always feel so safe and comfortable, in sharing. He's so sincere, and really cares about everyone's interests. Also very knowledgeable, he gives handouts explaining everything, so you have something to take home and practice with the family. I recommend family counseling for everyone, it only enhances communication and the family bond.
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
My experience with Dr. Kevin Downing was such a blessing. He is truly kind and wise and it was so easy for me to open up regarding serious issues in my life. I had gone to a few counselors over the years and this was the first time i had the breakthrough i had been praying for and also received the confirmation i so desperately needed. Highlyyy recommend him!!!:)
Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Out of all the counsellors we’ve interviewed and tried, Dr. Kevin Downing is hands down the most biblically helpful counselor on the planet (in our opinion) and the perfect answer to our prayers for our family. He is a solid Christian and the Lord has uniquely equipped Dr. Downing to relate to every struggle we put before him, which makes us feel “normal”. More importantly, he is continually equipped by God’s grace to guide us through understanding the choices we make and how to re-program our mind with a new perspective so that we desire to make better choices in the future. So friendly, talented, knowledgeable, and helpful is Dr. Downing, that our children feel super comfortable with him – so much so that they even request visits with him! We believe that is because Dr. Downing is refreshingly humble, kind and encouraging. We wholeheartedly thank the Lord Jesus Christ for how God is using Dr. Downing to help us through the challenges that are present in the varying stages of our live
Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I love Dr Kevin Downing! He's geniune, Honest, sincere, and cares about you. He listens thoroughly, give great advice and will stop you in your tracks if he hears something is wrong or off topic. He focuses on the situation and nails the hammer on the nail. He focuses on what you say and churns out amazing butter. He helped me alot going through my sh*t. I felt so much better after each session. He's a great relationship AND life coach all around. I can't thank him enough. I love you Dr Kevin!!! He's the man!!!! Don't get caught up in life's commotion. Take a step back, watch, learn, and live your life.
Peter – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing is absolutely wonderful! From our initial conversation, and throughout our many sessions, he's been consistently compassionate, understanding, and helpful. I always feel comfortable discussing matters with him even though the content we cover can be incredibly difficult. He truly cares for my well-being. But the most important thing about what Dr. Downing does is effectually accomplish the goals of therapy. He's been pivotal in my healing process!
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Kevin Downing is a wonderful therapist! He comes alongside you and gets to know you for YOU... empowering you to be the best you, you can be. He is very understanding of your situation and will commit to you as a helper, friend, and life motivator. He believes in you and your capabilities! I am beyond thankful for the help Dr. Downing has given me, and will continue to use my "tools" that I've learned from him. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kevin Downing to just about anyone!!
Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing is hands-down the BEST. I circulated between therapists for years which created a lot of frustration, resentment, and skepticism. I have never received even close to the level of support and direction Dr. Downing has provided me. If you're looking for a counselor who help you understand in detail how to move through the issues you need to address while simultaneously providing a caring and warm environment then look no further.
Trish Chan in CHINO Hills, CA – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Downing during my internship at Turning Point Counseling. Dr. Downing is warm, compassionate, and competent. He truly has a heart to help people recover. Also, he was always willing to give me his time to ask any questions I may have had and I appreciated that he helped guide me towards my future career goals.
Stacy – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing has helped me navigate very difficult waters after going through my divorce, struggling to let go of the past and overcoming trauma. He is caring, listens, gives wise counsel and held me accountable. He patiently listened to my heartache and made very good suggestions on how to change my mindset and subsequently my life behaviors. I was able to set goals and start achieving what I want in life. I trust him and he has my best interest.
Julia Walter in Ft. Mill, SC – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
We appreciated Kevin's caring and open style-all grounded in Biblical teaching. With laser precision thru six sessions over 3 months, he led us through challenging discussions regarding: 1) The selling/buying of homes & moving; 2) How to help adult children launch to become more independent; 3) Income and expense management; 4) Retirement and Estate planning. Kevin won't waste time getting to the heart of each issue to help deal with the messiness of life. Excellent! Worth every penny!
Chris M in Whittier, CA – Jul 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I had the pleasure to intern at Turning Point Counseling. I was able to sit in on sessions with Dr. Downing's clients and he always showed a great amount of empathy. He truly cares about his client's well being and is very knowledgeable in his field. I greatly appreciate that he was always willing to answer my questions and share his knowledge with me. He is very polite, respectful, and really provides tender help for tough problems.
Andrea in CA – May 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Kevin was amazing and cared about us deeply. He always had our best interest in mind and provided many marital disciplines for us to use in order for our marriage to be a sucess. We were grateful to have him for our pre-martial counseling! Grace and Peace!
May 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing was very helpful answering my questions for a school project. He is a very qualified and knowledgeable clinician
Apr 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing is PRICELESS! Referred to by a close friend he's helped me sort out issues about a very twisted family situation. Dr. Downing would hear me out and simplify it all. I'd walk into his office feeling burden and weighed down and leave with clarity and a knowing that it will all be okay. Not only a great guy but knows how to help without dragging my sessions out.
Laurie in Whittier, CA – Feb 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Kevin Downing is the first counselor I've had and I'm so glad that he was the one I went to. He is clearly so genuine and caring and he truly wants to help all the people that he encounters. After the first session, I already began to come to terms with my past and I just instantly felt so cared for and appreciated. There were times when my anxiety and fear got in the way and I had to cancel or miss appointments, but Dr. Downing was so understanding and completely kind. Amazing person!
Natasha in Irvine, CA – Sep 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing really helped me think about the next step in my career life. He helped me see my future and guided me in learning more about becoming a great and well prepared therapist in the future. I appreciated the time and advice he gave me. He made my experience at Turning Point great!
Neyra in South El Monte, CA – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I have seen Kevin Downing three times within the last three years. I highly recommend him! He guided me, gave me many resources which I needed with decisions as a caregive (former) for my husband & decisions common to widows. Dr. Downing is very respectful & kind as well. I cannot say enough about Dr. Downing! He also referred me to another professional, whom I've been extremely happy with. :)
Tara in Diamond Bar, CA – Feb 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Kevin Downing provided for me some simple and understandable means and methods in the how-to approach of my marital relationship. He is a man's man while yet showing a compassion with genuine interest and real understanding my situation. It is my belief that Dr. Downing is the kind of MFT that all MFT's should want to emulate.
Howard in Brea, CA – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Seeing Dr. Downing has been one of the best investments I have made to help me deal with my husband's sex addiction and the dire consequences it has had on our marriage. Dr. Downing was compassionate to both my husband and me. He demostrated the ability to help us resolve the tension between us and he had a lightness about the way he counseled. I would recommend Dr. Downing to anyone because of his tender manner, spiritual care and the great resources he uses.
Elena in Fullerton, CA – Dec 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Downing?

A SEASONED COUNSELOR

With over thirty years and 30,000 hours of counseling experience, Dr. Downing has developed a therapeutic style that has resulted in an extremely positive referral rate from many current clients. Clients appreciate Dr...

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Addiction and Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Adult Development & Aging Psychology

1979
Vanguard University, Costa Mesa Ca

More Information

• Does Dr. Downing communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Downing communicates via email

• Does Dr. Downing offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Downing offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Downing offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Downing offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Downing have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Downing has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Downing offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Downing offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Downing offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Downing offers evening visits