Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Downing

Turning Point Counseling

1370 Brea Blvd Ste 245 Fullerton, CA 92835

Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD is a marriage & family therapist in Fullerton, CA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Cambridge Graduate School Of Psychology in 1991 and specializes in marriage & family therapy.

Dr. Downing accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Downing treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Downing's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

Dr. Downing?
Dr. Downing's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Downing is absolutely wonderful! From our initial conversation, and throughout our many sessions, he's been consistently compassionate, understanding, and helpful. I always feel comfortable discussing matters with him even though the content we cover can be incredibly difficult. He truly cares for my well-being. But the most important thing about what Dr. Downing does is effectually accomplish the goals of therapy. He's been pivotal in my healing process!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Kevin Downing is a wonderful therapist! He comes alongside you and gets to know you for YOU... empowering you to be the best you, you can be. He is very understanding of your situation and will commit to you as a helper, friend, and life motivator. He believes in you and your capabilities! I am beyond thankful for the help Dr. Downing has given me, and will continue to use my "tools" that I've learned from him. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kevin Downing to just about anyone!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing is hands-down the BEST. I circulated between therapists for years which created a lot of frustration, resentment, and skepticism. I have never received even close to the level of support and direction Dr. Downing has provided me. If you're looking for a counselor who help you understand in detail how to move through the issues you need to address while simultaneously providing a caring and warm environment then look no further.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Downing during my internship at Turning Point Counseling. Dr. Downing is warm, compassionate, and competent. He truly has a heart to help people recover. Also, he was always willing to give me his time to ask any questions I may have had and I appreciated that he helped guide me towards my future career goals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing has helped me navigate very difficult waters after going through my divorce, struggling to let go of the past and overcoming trauma. He is caring, listens, gives wise counsel and held me accountable. He patiently listened to my heartache and made very good suggestions on how to change my mindset and subsequently my life behaviors. I was able to set goals and start achieving what I want in life. I trust him and he has my best interest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
We appreciated Kevin's caring and open style-all grounded in Biblical teaching. With laser precision thru six sessions over 3 months, he led us through challenging discussions regarding: 1) The selling/buying of homes & moving; 2) How to help adult children launch to become more independent; 3) Income and expense management; 4) Retirement and Estate planning. Kevin won't waste time getting to the heart of each issue to help deal with the messiness of life. Excellent! Worth every penny!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I had the pleasure to intern at Turning Point Counseling. I was able to sit in on sessions with Dr. Downing's clients and he always showed a great amount of empathy. He truly cares about his client's well being and is very knowledgeable in his field. I greatly appreciate that he was always willing to answer my questions and share his knowledge with me. He is very polite, respectful, and really provides tender help for tough problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Kevin was amazing and cared about us deeply. He always had our best interest in mind and provided many marital disciplines for us to use in order for our marriage to be a sucess. We were grateful to have him for our pre-martial counseling! Grace and Peace!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing was very helpful answering my questions for a school project. He is a very qualified and knowledgeable clinician
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing is PRICELESS! Referred to by a close friend he's helped me sort out issues about a very twisted family situation. Dr. Downing would hear me out and simplify it all. I'd walk into his office feeling burden and weighed down and leave with clarity and a knowing that it will all be okay. Not only a great guy but knows how to help without dragging my sessions out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Kevin Downing is the first counselor I've had and I'm so glad that he was the one I went to. He is clearly so genuine and caring and he truly wants to help all the people that he encounters. After the first session, I already began to come to terms with my past and I just instantly felt so cared for and appreciated. There were times when my anxiety and fear got in the way and I had to cancel or miss appointments, but Dr. Downing was so understanding and completely kind. Amazing person!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing really helped me think about the next step in my career life. He helped me see my future and guided me in learning more about becoming a great and well prepared therapist in the future. I appreciated the time and advice he gave me. He made my experience at Turning Point great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I have seen Kevin Downing three times within the last three years. I highly recommend him! He guided me, gave me many resources which I needed with decisions as a caregive (former) for my husband & decisions common to widows. Dr. Downing is very respectful & kind as well. I cannot say enough about Dr. Downing! He also referred me to another professional, whom I've been extremely happy with. :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Kevin Downing provided for me some simple and understandable means and methods in the how-to approach of my marital relationship. He is a man's man while yet showing a compassion with genuine interest and real understanding my situation. It is my belief that Dr. Downing is the kind of MFT that all MFT's should want to emulate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Seeing Dr. Downing has been one of the best investments I have made to help me deal with my husband's sex addiction and the dire consequences it has had on our marriage. Dr. Downing was compassionate to both my husband and me. He demostrated the ability to help us resolve the tension between us and he had a lightness about the way he counseled. I would recommend Dr. Downing to anyone because of his tender manner, spiritual care and the great resources he uses.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Kevin Downing was professional is setting an appointment with me to discuss my future endeavors as a future Marriage Family Therapist. He gave me some great advice about how clients should be handled in an ethical and confidential matter and also gave me an extra resource to further pursue my PhD.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I had the great opportunity to interview Dr. Downing as part of a college assignment. Dr. Downing was very approachable. He seemed to me to be a very good listener and very competent in his profession. I could see that he is caring for the well-being of his clients and I truly believe that he is bringing happiness to other people’s life. If I were his client I would certainly feel comfortable in trusting him with important information. I can therefore highly recommend him as a therapist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing is the most warm, compassionate, and understanding professional. I highly recommend him if you're looking for someone you can count on for mental health help, marital help, or self-growth. He will instantly make you feel at ease and offer you hope for change. He is extremely experienced with families, kids, teens, couples, etc. His office is beautiful and the staff are very friendly. He often has same week availability and is flexible with scheduling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
I interviewed Dr, Downing for a college assignment. He was kind and very approachable. I was impressed that as I spoke with him, he made sure to acknowledge his faith. After listening to him, I know he sincerely cares about others and their well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Downing, PHD?
Dr. Downing was amazing for my husband and I. Kevin has an approach like no one else and gives you the tools to continue to work on your marriage. He makes you feel very comfortable and has you set goals in place for your marriage. I would recommend him to any couple or anyone, you won't be sorry!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Downing?