Kelsey Seifert, MA

Kelsey Seifert, MA

Counseling  ·
Female
Kelsey Seifert, MA is a counselor in Pasadena, TX. She specializes in counseling, clinical psychology, and more.Read her story

4701 Preston Ave

Pasadena, TX 77505

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Kelsey Seifert

Kelsey Seifert's bio

This content was provided by Kelsey Seifert "I see counseling as a committed and dynamic process. I believe it takes courage to actively engage in therapy and I tailor each session to fit the needs of my clients. I value the opportunity to see the beauty in people while they share their pain and difficulties. I consider it a gift to watch my clients experience the freedom that grace brings. I specialize in working with anxiety, panic, phobias, perfectionism and obsessive compulsive thoughts and behaviors. I take a structured approach to anxiety, especially panic, phobias, and obsessive compulsive struggles.I have received advanced training and supervision in the treatment of anxiety disorders with a focus on obsessive compulsive disorder. I have specialized training in ERP (Exposure and Response Prevention) to help empower my clients to life their life according to their values instead of their fears. I take a structured approach (CBT, ERP and ACT) to anxiety, especially panic, phobias, and obsessive compulsive struggles. Instead of just talking about fears and avoidance, I work with my clients to face and conquer the anxieties and phobias that restrict their lives. I am equipped to address depression, grief, loss, relationship difficulties and spiritual issues. I focus on helping my clients learn to treat themselves with respect, compassion, and tenderness. I also assist my clients in managing emotions effectively, developing communication and assertiveness skills, and transforming unhelpful thoughts. I also specialize in trauma, working with clients who have experienced abuse, neglect, motor vehicle accidents, violent losses, and other concerns. I am trained to provide two neurologically based therapies for trauma, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) and Observed & Experiential Integration (OEI). I have seen these be helpful in decreasing and resolving the effects of traumatic experiences. Through combining my two primary areas of special training and clinical focus, I am able to work with those experiencing infertility and reproductive trauma. I help spouses both individually and as a couple process the paralyzing fear and grief associated with conception issues, pregnancy loss and stillbirth. I give my clients a safe, validating environment to share their story that is so often minimized and misunderstood by others. Together we acknowledge the gravity of their experiences, process the trauma they have sustained and find ways to restore a sense of power and belonging. In my work with couples, I take a sensitive but practical approach, equipping each couple with the tools needed to mend and strengthen their relationship. I believe in the importance of true partnership and mutuality in marriage, with both spouses having their voices equally heard and their opinions equally weighed. I focus on healthy communication and changing attitudes about marriage and each other to assist my clients in finding each other emotionally and developing lasting intimacy. I am trained in Gottman Method for couples and I combine that with an Emotion Focused (EFT) approach. I hold a masters degree in counseling psychology from Trinity Western University and completed my undergraduate work in both psychology and religious studies. I am a National Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist."

• Counseling
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Kelsey Seifert does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Therapy
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Grief Therapy
  • Habit Control
  • Psychological Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services

Education data for Kelsey Seifert is unavailable at this time.

Kelsey Seifert has no awards or honors listed.

Kelsey Seifert has no media or publications listed.

Kelsey Seifert does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Kelsey Seifert and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kelsey Seifert's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Kelsey Seifert

Kelsey Seifert?
Kelsey Seifert's Performance
What People Say About Kelsey Seifert, MA
Kelsey is a warm, gentle, patient therapist. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Kelsey Seifert, MA?
Kelsey has helped me so much with my anxiety. She explains things in a way that makes sense and was patient with me. She is a wonderful counselor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Kelsey Seifert, MA?
Kelsey helped me so much! She is kind and compassionate but is very skilled in guiding me to grow. She supported me through some challenging periods of anxiety and provided me with new perspectives on relationships.
×Post a ResponseAre you Kelsey Seifert, MA?

How was your experience with Kelsey Seifert?