Kay Scanlon, PT

Kay Scanlon, PT

Physical Therapy  |
Kay Scanlon, PT is a physical therapy provider who practices in Jenkintown, PA. She is 63 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Read her story

261 Old York Rd Ste 701

Jenkintown, PA 19046

• Bluegrass Family Health
  • We do not accept health insurance
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Kay Scanlon

Kay Scanlon's bio

This content was provided by Kay Scanlon "I hold a Diploma in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (McKenzie) the only person to hold this distinction in the five counties surrounding Philadelphia. I have over years experience in helping people overcome back and neck pain as well as pain in the shoulder, knee, hip, elbow, ankle. I spend 1 hour one-on-one with all my patients. I often see folks who have been through traditional PT, acupuncture, chiropractic, injections, etc with no relief or only temporary relief. 80% of my patients achieve significant relief of pain within the first or second visit. This approach teaches you how to manage your own symptoms usually requiring no more than 6-8 visits. You will also receive information regarding prevention of future episodes of neck or back pain. I have a clinical specialization in orthopedics awarded by the American Physical Therapy Association, a Diploma in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy awarded by the International McKenzie Institute and a doctorate in Physical Therapy from Arcadia University. I received the Private Practice Award from the Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association and the Service Award from the Private Practice Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. In my free time I enjoy bicycling, hiking, sailing and gardening with my fiance. "

This content was provided by Kay Scanlon "Have you tried injections, steroids or even surgery to fix your joint pain? Are you masking your back, neck and shoulder pain with constant medication? We?ve all been there. But there is a natural, non-invasive solution. I am a McKenzie certified physical therapist and can teach you to treat your own pain using movements and positions. If you?re ready for an amazing pain-free life, call me for a free, one-on-one 15-minute physical therapy consultation. You?ll be glad you did."

• Physical Therapy
  • Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Pain Management

Kay Scanlon does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Knee Injuries
  • Rotator Cuff Injuries
  • Sports Injuries
  • Sprain
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Work-Related Injuries

• Pain Management
  • Pain Management Through Physical Therapy
  • Physical Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Ferris State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Hahnemann University
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • University Of Otago/McKenzie Institute International Diploma In Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Hahnemann University: Certificate In Physical Therapy
    Other Education | Completed 1981
  • McKenzie Institute Usa Credentialed McKenzie Practitioner
    Other Education | Completed 2005

Kay Scanlon has no awards or honors listed.

Kay Scanlon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Kay Scanlon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kay Scanlon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Kay Scanlon to family and friends
Kay Scanlon Says:

Read on my website and on social media postings.  Many patients have voluntarily provided reviews regarding their care with me.

You can reach me at 215 884 1709 or KScanlonPT@gmail.com

Kay Scanlon's Performance
in Jenkintown, Pa |
After two months of bad back pain I found Kay Scanlon. During my first visit she was able to identify the cause of my pain and start treatment. By the end of the first office visit I was experiencing 80% less pain. By the end of my treatment not only did I have considerably less pain but I had a set of exercises to start at the first hint of pain. I still have a hard time believing how much better I feel! Marianne Selhat
in Philadelphia, PA |
Kay- recommended by friends and orthopedic doctor. She first discussed my symptoms and history. She then observed my ability to move during selected movements. I was instructed to perform specific exercises. My progress was constantly evaluated and the exercises modified increasing their effectiveness. No, it doesn't work over night but following her daily exercises and constant modifications it works. She also gave me ways deal with pain while doing my daily activities. Kay is great!
in Medford, NJ |
Ms. Scanlon is very thorough and listens to your explanations of pain in determining your course of McKenzie Mechanical Physical Therapy. I drive over 1 hour each week for therapy and it is well worth it. I was in significant pain for 6 months then being told I needed surgery by a doctor. After being properly diagnosed and directed to Ms. Scanlon, in only 4 sessions over a one month period, I am almost completely pain free.
in Sellersville, PA |
Kay's knowledge in her field leads to fast diagnosis and treatment to resolve pain. After 2 visits I was almost pain free. To follow her instructions will lead to a fast recovery.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Kay found out what my problem was in the first 10 minutes...which was a little faster than alot of other medical professionals were able to do. She taught me how to correct my problem and did it in 3 visits after only 5 years of chiropractor visits. Thank you Kay!
in Abington, PA |
Kay worked with me to both understand and ease my lower back pain. Knowing what I was doing to aggravate my pain was key to helping me eliminate it. Proper posture at my desk and while driving has made a dramatic difference. And a few simple, and intuitive (thanks to Kay) exercises, keep me pain free when circumstances require me to stand or bend for extended periods. After having daily pain for years, I'm grateful to have found Kay and the Mackenzie method!
in Glenside, PA |
Kay Scanlon is simply superb. I had a bulging disc, with considerably vexing and shifting symptoms. Her willingness to REALLY listen and understand my symptoms and her repeated efforts to find what worked was one of the best experiences I have ever had with any professional in any field. Her treatment table helped me to leave her office the first time pain free. The exercises she gave me were simple to remember and perform. The McKenzie system really works. Low back pain? See Kay Scanlon.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I was unbelievably surprised by my positive experience with Kay. I have suffered with sciatic pain for the last ten years on and off. After the first week of sessions with Kay there was immediate relief. I have not taken pain medication for three weeks now. I would recommend Kay and the McKenzie Method to anyone suffering with back pain.
Have you seen Kay Scanlon, PT?
Are you Kay Scanlon?