Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology  |
Dr. Katie Fleischman, PHD
As an adolescent, I always had an appreciation for different cultures and therefore, immersing myself in travel. I chose graduate training that would expand my multicultural competencies and prepare me to work in an urban context with diverse populations. I gained a key understanding of how contextual factors influence a person's experience and illness expression. I sought experiences working with clients with a vast array of medical and mental health issues. My approach to case conceptualization, evaluation, and treatment planning is primarily based on cognitive-behavioral and behavioral theory, as well as, strength based approaches. These theories have allowed me to integrate a cultural and developmental framework developed through my worldview, training, and working with children and their families from various backgrounds. Furthermore, I believe that an active systems intervention is needed when the problem resides not only within the individual, but also from a problem of societal forces. When choosing interventions, I examine the relevant literature to identify empirically supported treatments that can be appropriately modified both culturally and developmentally. While working with clients, I found consistency, warmth, structure and a focus on positive coping skills essential in their care. More importantly, all these experiences reinforced my belief in the practice of a strength based treatment approach. My clinical interests evolved from treating children with co-morbid medical and mental health conditions and their families. I found adjustment to illness/injury to be an important factor in finding treatments that balance psychosocial and medical well-being. Furthermore, I gained an appreciation for the multidisciplinary team approach, learning the importance of utilizing all members' knowledge and skills through collaboration and communication for the comprehensive management of children with medical problems. These experiences further shaped me as a pediatric psychologist working in a hospital setting.

9 Hope Ave

Waltham, MA 02453

(781) 216-1960

Dr. Katie Fleischman, PHD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Fleischman

• Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology

Dr. Fleischman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Headache-Free Migraine
  • Psychological Disorders

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• University Of Wisconsin, Psychology
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Wisconsin
    Medical School | Graduated 2012
  • Children's Hospital Of Orance County/Uci Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Children's Hospital Of Los Angeles
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Fleischman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Fleischman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fleischman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fleischman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fleischman's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Fleischman?

Visit Dr. Fleischman

Dr. Fleischman accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Fleischman has admitting privileges