Dr. Katie Tart-Allen, PSY.D

Dr. Katie Tart-Allen, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Katie Tart-Allen, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Durham, NC. She specializes in clinical psychology.Read her story

5850 Fayetteville Rd Ste 211

Durham, NC 27713

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina

Learn about Dr. Tart-Allen

Dr. Tart-Allen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tart-Allen "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." (Maya Angelou) In therapy, I see my role as providing my clients with a safe, nurturing space to explore their own stories, and to discover their resilience and hope in a way that aligns with their goals. I am a fully licensed psychologist with a true passion and respect for both therapy and assessment. I do my best to bring compassion, authenticity, warmth, and nonjudgment to the therapeutic relationship. It is important to me that I treat my clients with respect and avoid pathologizing them because of their problems, pasts, or concerns. My clients and I maintain an ongoing dialogue that helps us assess our progress and stay focused on set goals. I enjoy working with individuals, couples, and families. In addition to therapy and leading DBT groups, I also provide assessment services for clients ages three through adulthood. I believe assessment can be very beneficial for guiding treatment and providing diagnostic clarity for individuals and their families. My educational background includes a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from North Carolina State University, a second major in dance from Meredith College, a Master of Arts degree in clinical psychology from the Georgia School of Professional Psychology, and a doctoral degree in clinical psychology from the Georgia School of Professional Psychology. I completed my predoctoral internship in health services psychology at Emory University Counseling & Psychological Services and my postdoctoral fellowship in university mental health at Emory University. I have also trained at the counseling centers of Georgia Tech and Oxford College and various private practices.

This content was provided by Dr. Tart-Allen "My clinical interests and specialties include depression, anxiety, insomnia, stress management, identity development, relationship issues, complex trauma, sociocultural influences on mental health, and difficulty navigating life transitions. My assessment interests and specialties include ADHD, Specific Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Executive Functioning and Memory, Psychiatric Functioning, and Mood and Anxiety disorders. I practice with intentionality and consistently integrate various evidence-based approaches into my therapeutic work. I have experience working with a broad range of psychotherapeutic models, including CBT, DBT, TLDP, interpersonal process psychotherapy, and humanistic therapies. I often incorporate mind-body approaches, mindfulness, and multicultural perspectives into my work. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I) is a specific treatment that I specialize in that can help those struggling with sleep issues."

• Clinical Psychology

Dr. Tart-Allen does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CTB-I)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Education data for Dr. Tart-Allen is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Tart-Allen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Tart-Allen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tart-Allen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tart-Allen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tart-Allen's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tart-Allen to family and friends
Are you Dr. Tart-Allen?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Adult Clinical Psychology