Kathy Hicks, MS

Kathy Hicks, MS

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Kathy Hicks, MS is a counselor in Whitehouse, TX and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from Northern Illinois University, Graduate Degree in 2010 and specializes in counseling, school counseling, and more.Read her story

15632 State Highway 110 S Ste 26

Whitehouse, TX 75791

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Kathy Hicks

Kathy Hicks' bio

This content was provided by Kathy Hicks "I have been working with children, adolescents, adults, and their families for over 25 years. I first worked as a Licensed Dietician and enjoyed working with people using a holistic approach to nutrition where the whole person, including lifestyle is important. Over time, I found my attention was more and more on the psychological needs of the people I worked with and began to pursue an educational and career course where I specialized in counseling. My professional status is a mental health professional, although my experience in dietetics certainly helps in working with people struggling with an eating disorder. My overall focus is working with people who are overcoming psychological difficulties in life. I am currently a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor. My passion is helping people explore concerns, identify goals and achieve solutions. Prevention and mental health in the community have been key areas in my professional development. Prior to private practice psychotherapy and counseling, I led a multidisciplinary staff in the administration and delivery of an intensive mental health program for families. In addition, I coordinated a mental health promotion and education program where I had the opportunity to work in multiple school districts. Before that, my extensive experience with managing mentoring programs allowed me to genuinely understand what barriers families are facing. I have advanced training in treating eating disorders. Disordered eating is a complex issue involving human development, family systems, stress, exercise, nutrition, society norms, and culture. I value mindfulness and believe in an intuitive approach to eating. In addition, I'm also trained to treat a variety of other disorders. Professional Affiliations International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals American Counseling Association Texas Counseling Association"

This content was provided by Kathy Hicks "I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor who believes that the simple act of talking about a problem is valuable. My goal is to help people clarify, understand, and come to terms with a variety of issues that cause them to be unhappy with life.  I provide a nurturing, non-judgmental approach geared towards assisting children, adolescents, adults, and families in forming and achieving the outcomes they desire. My passion is to help people increase their happiness by creating a rich and meaningful lives.

I use mindfulness to increase awareness, clarity, and acceptance of life experiences. Using mindfulness for breathing, body sensations and daily activities, we learn to be mindful of our thoughts and feelings, to become aware, and more accepting. This results in less distress, increased functioning and the ability to enjoy life."

• Counseling
  • School Counseling
  • School Psychology
  • Women's Counseling
  • Women's Health Psychology

Kathy Hicks does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services

• Ben Gordon Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Northern Illinois University
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Kathy Hicks has no awards or honors listed.

Kathy Hicks has no media or publications listed.

Kathy Hicks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Kathy Hicks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kathy Hicks' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Kathy Hicks to family and friends
Kathy Hicks Says:
"

Kathy uses a combination of cognitive behavioral and existential concepts with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as well as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.  She provide a nurturing non-judgmental Person Centered approach to offer support and help clients determine their goals are and how to best reach them.  In addition to being caring and compassionate, Kathy believes that a sense of humor is vital to

...
Are you Kathy Hicks?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Mental Health