Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD

PsychotherapyFemaleAge 63

Dr. Shafer

Limitless Potentials

351 S Us Highway 1 # 100 Jupiter, FL 33477

Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD is a Psychotherapist in Jupiter, FL. She is affiliated with medical facilities Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center and St. Mary's Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shafer to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

"For over 30 years Kathryn C. Shafer Ph.D., LCSW, CAP, LYFT, E-IAYT, has been known for her work as a psychotherapist, Certified Addiction Professional, Certified Yoga Therapist, author, and speaker internationally an..."

- Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Shafer treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Shafer's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Dr. Shafer accepts

Dr. Shafer accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Shafer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shafer

4.3

Dr. Shafer?
  • Listened & answered questions (18)
  • Appointment scheduling (17)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (17)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (3)
Dr Shafer lcks etgics in my oppinion She shared my suggested medication with others withput my consent Very rude Y family went o her for therspy she did nothing but raose her tone Tauhht us no coping amd communication skills and my family is in more need of tjerapy since her She got uoset when i cancelles an appointment for personal readons and called my son Dr Shafer personal reasons is just that personal How about respecting that?
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
I am 22 years old. For about a year and a half I utilized Dr. Shafer’s in-office, over the phone, and group therapy services. Dr. Shafer’s scope of knowledge about psychotherapy, EDMR therapy, yoga and wellness is unparalleled. Every session she holds is intentional, with the intention deriving from your vocalized, immediate needs. She taught me portable coping mechanisms for my PTSD, anxiety and eating disorder that I use every day and she never made me feel medicalized or diagnosed. She was more than accommodating with my insurance complications and prioritized confidentiality over anything. Dr. Shafer’s Women’s Group was an unexpected bonus that provided an alternative to 1:1 therapy. Her office is eclectic and extremely welcoming to people of all kinds (if you’re lucky you will meet her service dog Bentley). Dr. Shafer guided me towards a healthy happiness in a way no other therapist has before and I am eternally grateful for her services!
Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
D.r Shafer is an outstanding Psychotherapist who changed for life for the better forever. My sessions have greatly helped me with depression, personal issues, and family matters. Dr. Shafer's techniques and teaching skills to help with all types of personal problems are second to none.
Jonathan – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer is an incredibly effective therapist and truly cares about helping each of her clients. I regularly attended a women's group at Limitless Potentials, her private practice, and was impressed by her methods and dedication to her clients. She was able to help each of us in the group drastically improve our quality of life despite the fact that our issues varied greatly. I used to believe therapy could not help me as I suffered from severe symptoms of PTSD for many years. After working with Dr. Kathy, I am no longer experiencing any symptoms of PTSD and I wake up each day with a childlike sense of hope and wonder. She is a pioneer in her field and often speaks at conferences about her professional approach. I highly recommend Dr. Shafer to anyone who is looking for an outstanding therapist.
Diana B. – Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Kathy provides a healing and caring environment that encompasses all aspects of wellness. They don't come any better than her!
Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
I have met with Dr Shafer several times in the past few months. She is knowledgeable & compassionate and has helped me at a Very Difficult Time.... I highly recommend Dr Shafer. And I have done so
Patty – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer has worked with me for several years and has been a wonderful therapist. She's worked with me on some very bad anxiety and issues with depression, as well as a tragedy in my life a couple years back. She even takes the time to call and wish me a happy birthday, which shows how much she cares about her patients.
Paul D. – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer helped me get through my divorce. My spouse was an alcoholic and without Dr. Shafer's guidance, I would not have known how to handle that situation and how to address those issues with my kids. She is a straight shooter and I highly recommend her.
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
I have known Dr Shafer in many capacities. As my first therapist, over 20 yrs ago, she was instrumental in helping me lay the foundation for mind, body, spirit wellness. She has also been my teacher and mentor over the years. Dr Shafer walks the talk and is the real deal!
Lisa Kiebzak – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer is a knowledgeable and highly experienced practitioner who uses a variety of techniques to help you focus, see inside yourself, learn and eventually heal. From psychotherapy to yoga and meditation Dr. Shafer has quite a number of tools at hand. Yet, with all of this knowledge and experience, she continues to learn and grow herself as she helps us do the same. Five stars!
Sigmund – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Dr shafer is the most comfort inducing appointment you’ll ever make. She’s always helpful and kind, and still highly ethical. No cheating allowed in her office. If you really want help with something, she’s amazing.
Elaine Del Bene – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer has been a wonderful support to me and a pleasure to work with. She consistently demonstrates great care for her clients and is so energetic and passionate about her work. Her energy is calming and she truly listens. I highly recommend Dr. Shafer!
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
I've been going to Dr. Shafer for more than 6 years - in fact my whole family has been at one time or another. She has truly gotten us through some difficult moments and continues to be there for us when we need her. It's a no brainer to recommend her!!
Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Cold and inauthentic—her therapy was average, but when I reconnected with her to sign and fax a 1 page form so I can return to school, I was met with a plethora of simply unbelievable excuses and extensive out of office time, leading me to believe her entire service was performative with exclusively monetary motives. Her staunch unwillingness to help a recent client readmit into their university to continue their life and reintegrate into normal society demonstrates her ironic lack of empathy
Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
Dr. Shafer is amazing! She is extremely educated. Not only in the academic sense of the word, but also in life experience. Her knowledge, wisdom, quick wit, positive energy and genuine effort of making people feel at ease is so enjoyable. She listens carefully to issues brought to her and even after the first appointment can help turn negatives into positives. I also highly recommend her EMDR expertise. She is truly a healing professional with a beautiful burst of positive energy.
Teresa H. in Wellington, Florida – Dec 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?
I highly recommend seeing Dr. Shafer. I have been going to her for several years and will continue to do so for many more. Her expertise is valuable as well as her passion for what she does. Dr. S is great! :-)
Palm Beach Gardens, FL – Jun 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kathryn Shafer, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shafer?

For over 30 years Kathryn C. Shafer Ph.D., LCSW, CAP, LYFT, E-IAYT, has been known for her work as a psychotherapist, Certified Addiction Professional,...Read more

As a certified EMDR practitioner/consultant in training and trauma specialist, Dr. Kathy is a known expert in mass violence intervention training and mental...Read more

• Psychotherapy