Dr. Karen Tan, ND

NaturopathyFemale

Dr. Tan
320 Ward Ave Ste 105 Honolulu, HI 96814

Dr. Karen Tan, ND is a Naturopath in Honolulu, HI. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tan to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Naturopaths in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Hawaii

Check if Dr. Tan treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Tan accepts

Dr. Tan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tan

Dr. Tan?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (12)
  • Listened & answered questions (12)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (12)
    Ten years ago, my place of work suddenly changed the 50 year old carpet and it caused my sinuses so much pain that I would have to take painkillers every single day. I went to see an ENT doctor who prescribed me steroids and said I'd have to take them every day for the rest of my life. I knew I didn't want to live my life like that (I was only in my 20s!) so I sought an alternative solution. I was recommended to Dr. Tan by a friend and she changed my life forever. Dr. Tan treated me for all of my allergies that had suddenly emerged and took over my life - mold, dust, barometric pressure, vog, grass, the list goes on and on. After about 12 treatments, it was like a miracle had occurred. No more pain, no more painkillers, no steroids, no ENT doctor. I was back to enjoying life and I will forever be thankful to Dr. Tan.
    Heather Doeringer – Jan 28, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    I've been seeing Dr. Tan for more than 10 years now and she's been an amazing partner for keeping me healthy. She started treating me when I had Bell's Palsy and I truly believe she's the reason I was able to regain near-perfect resilience in my facial muscles. Since then she's helped me with allergies, sports injuries and general health and wellness. I was referred to her by a friend who called her the Energizer Bunny of helping you identify an issue and then solving it. I totally agree. She's been so great that I've referred several friends and they still see her too!
    Dec 24, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    Dr. Karen Tan is my invaluable naturopathic physician who has been keeping me, a senior citizen, in good body/mind health since 2013. She is intelligent, caring and has an amazing knowledge of naturopathic medicine utilizing various natural therapies. Under her care and guidance I have been able to overcome severe allergies, insomnia, fatigue, neck pain - to name some of my health issues I’ve had over the years. Plus, she is a very interesting and easy person to talk to which I really like. She rates 5-stars with me and I highly recommend her to anyone interested in being well.
    Sep 27, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    Dr Tan’ treatments and recommendations have helped me resolve a lot of symptoms and physical issues. Resolved IBS in a couple of months after more than 2 years of MDs and medicines did not improve my symptoms and the medicines which were toxic were actually adversely impacting my chronic kidney disease. With Dr Tan’s natural remedies, treatment and recommendations I have been able to stabilize my kidney disease progression. I have also been able to boost immunity, resolve sinus and dizziness issues. Also got help with sore muscles that was the best relief I ever had for sore muscles. Truly believe in the power of natural medicine, and appreciate Dr Tan’s ability to assist me while I continue to see MDs to monitor my chronic disease
    Truly appreciative – Sep 20, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    As a healthcare provider myself, when I needed help with a torn meniscus in my knee, I turned to Dr. Karen Tan for advice. She administered two series of Prolotherapy injections and it was truly a turning point in my healing. Her office is clean and professional, the treatment was explained thoroughly and the results as promised. I couldn't have been happier and highly recommend Dr. Tan!
    Dr. Joni Kroll, D.Ac. – Sep 19, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    I have been going to Dr. Karen Tan at the Center for Innovative Medicine for a few years now. She listens and truly cares about the health of her patients. I recommend Dr Karen Tan and the Center for Innovative Medicine.
    Wendy M – Sep 08, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    Dr. Tan has been wonderful in helping me reduce and get rid of my food sensitivities. I didn’t think it was possible to enjoy my favorite foods again without symptoms. So glad I saw Dr. Tan!! Thank you!
    Aug 27, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    I have been treated over the last four years by Dr. Tan and am very pleased with the results of her therapies. My sinus headaches have significantly decreased and my allergic responses to the allergens she has treated me for are no longer an issue for me. I appreciate her especially for her emphasis on non-invasive treatments and her expansive knowledge of natural products that are safe and effective.
    Lois Ann Wodarski, Ph.D. – Aug 02, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    I had been experiencing nighttime palpitations that were very frightening. Even after various tests, other healthcare professionals were not able to find a physical cause. In my first appointment with Dr. Tan she determined the non-physical cause and she was able to treat it successfully. She completely eliminated my nighttime palpitations! I have also seen her for allergy relief and again, she has been successful in treating and eliminating my symptoms. I know I am in good hands with Dr. Tan.
    Leslie H – Jul 30, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    I first started to see Dr. Tan when I had an ongoing reaction to antibiotics that I had taken for an intestinal parasite. The parasite was gone, but my guts were a mess. The doctor at the hospital wanted to do invasive tests, and load me up with prescriptions. I called Dr. Tan and told her my symptoms--constant diarrhea--and she said, "I can help with that." She put me on a strict diet and herbs, and it was gone in a few months. She is also easy to talk to--talking about my diarrhea was almost funny and not embarrassing. A good person to have on your side.
    Jul 29, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?
    I’ve been a patient of Dr. Tan’s since 2006. I’m always stunned when her treatment either diminishes the symptoms of a cold by 90% within 24 hours or stops a cold from developing if I can get to her at the first sign of one. My immune system has improved a lot since I started getting regular treatments from her. Dr. Tan is professional, thorough and pleasant. Highly recommended.
    Sue L. – Jul 28, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Tan, ND?

How was your experience with Dr. Tan?

• Naturopathy