Voice Therapy  |
Karen Sussman, MA CCC-SLP
Karen Sussman, M.A., CCC has been a licensed speech pathologist, voice therapist, speech trainer, and singing voice specialist since 1981. Karen has trained thousands of performers, executives, teachers, attorneys, sales reps, and other professionals to achieve excellent speaking and/or singing voices and eliminate voice and speech problems. As a singer-actress with over 1200 on-stage appearances, Karen has a special interest and expertise in professional voice/speech training and therapy. She has lectured extensively for hospitals and voice organizations, as well as corporations, schools, libraries, and continuing education programs. She has appeared on television and radio shows devoted to voice care and accent reduction. Karen is a Hofstra University graduate with a B.S. in Music/Voice Performance and an M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology. She holds NYS License as a Speech-Language Pathologist and is certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. She is a member of ASHA, NYSSLHA, LISHA, and NYSTA.

184 W Nicholai St

Hicksville, NY 11801

• 1199SEIU
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Karen Sussman

At the Professional Voice Care Center, our mission is to create or restore excellent voices. We offer state-of-the-art care to service the unique needs of those who depend on their voices for their livelihood (singers, teachers, attorneys, etc.). We focus on rehabilitation and prevention of vocal problems while improving voice skills through a customized, scientifically-based program of voice training, vocal abuse reduction, and vocal hygiene. Professional Voice Care Center serves voice and speech patients throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, ages 5 through adult. We look forward to helping you achieve your voice-oriented goals.

• Voice Therapy
  • Speech-Language Pathology

Karen Sussman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Loss of Voice or Hoarse Voice

• Speech Therapy
  • Stuttering Therapy
  • Voice Assessment
  • Voice Therapy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Hofstra University
    Other Education | Completed 1980

Karen Sussman has no awards or honors listed.

Karen Sussman has no media or publications listed.

Karen Sussman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Karen Sussman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Karen Sussman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Karen Sussman to family and friends
Karen Sussman's Performance
I have been a patient for Karen Sussman for many years. I have suffered from chronic cough intermittently. Karen recommended that I consult with a cough expert and ear, nose and throat doctor, Dr. Jamie Koufman. This referral from Karen has led me to new ways to cope with my chronic cough through dietary changes and medication. Karen is a wonderful vocal therapist who is kind, patient and has a good sense of humor. Thanks to Karen's referral I have found a doctor who can help me.
in Baldwin, NY |
As an elderly choral singer, with a lifetime of sporadic but high quality vocal training , I had been finding it impossible to use my aging vocal apparatus without tension and strained effort. Karen's therapeutic attitude and professional experience supply me with techniques for reducing my stress while strengthening the aging physical equipment which time has worn down. She has reintroduced me to the joy of singing and to the delight of hearing and feeling my own voice.
Thank you for your kind review, Pat. I am so glad that you have now been able to enjoy singing again. Your passion for music is inspiring. Keep up the good work!
Bellmore, NY |
Karen has been working with my teen-aged daughter for over 5 years. Since the outset, Karen has been warm, engaging and skillful in her teaching approach. She makes singing fun, challenging and rewarding for my daughter. She has become a role model and significant figure in my daughter's life, offering her emotional support in a meaningful way. I whole-heartedly recommend Karen Sussman.
Thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure working with such a smart, talented, and mature young woman! I know she will go far in all she pursues. I am proud and happy to be a part of her journey.
in Melville, NY |
Karen Sussman is a wonderful Professional. If you have a voice problem, she is the one to see. She will teach you about your voice, give you the tools to help treat your problems, and is passionate about what she does. Did I say that she makes it fun? She helped me so much. She is GREAT!
Thank you for this kind review. I am so glad we were able to help you regain vocal function. You are truly a "Vocal Success Story". Keep up the good work!
Bayside, NY |
Karen creates a comfortable and fun environment. My 11 year old daughter enjoys her voice therapy lessons with Karen and actually looks forward to going to the sessions. We have noticed a marked improvement in the quality of my daughter's voice since starting. Karen makes the exercises fun and easy. Karen also explains the process to my daughter so that my daughter is engaged and an active participant in her voice recovery. I highly recommend Karen to anyone that needs an expert in Voice rehab
Thank you for your kind words. Your daughter is a pleasure to work with; she is so hard-working and motivated to improve. I am glad to be a part of her journey toward full voice recovery!
in Babylon, NY |
I am a professional singer who had some trouble with my voice's stamina and reliability after menopause. Karen's attention to vocal hygiene, and novel array of easy, gentle exercises gradually shifted my voice to a healthier place and has brought it completely back on line. She not only saved my career, but got me another few notes on top reliably too! Karen is a delightful, compassionate person, keeps up with the latest new techniques and insights, knows her subject, and makes sessions fun.
Dear April - It is a pleasure and privilege to experience first-hand the tremendous growth in your vocal mastery. It's wonderful to know that the techniques have helped to solve your vocal issues. Keep sharing your beautiful gift of voice with the world! So happy to be a part of this with you! Wishing you good health and good voice! Karen Sussman
Garden City, NY |
Karen Sussman is amazing. She knows all the tricks of the trade. Just do what she says, and like magic, the voice is there. It is a miracle. I could not be happier. I thought I would be "croaking" the rest of my life. Not only does she know her craft, but she is kind, understanding, professional and a real person who LISTENS to you. Her office staff is also friendly and professional and I am always seen promptly. I have already passed her contact information on to others.
Thank you for your kind words. It is so gratifying to see how much you've improved using our vocal rehabilitation techniques. It is a pleasure working with motivated clients such as you. Keep up the good work! Vocally yours, Karen Sussman, Director Professional Voice Care Center
Have you seen Karen Sussman, MA CCC-SLP?

Visit Karen Sussman

Evening
Saturday
Karen Sussman accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • 1199SEIU
  • EmblemHealth
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) HMO