Rebecca Sobin, DAOM

Rebecca Sobin, DAOM

Acupuncture  |
Rebecca Sobin, DAOM is an acupuncture provider who practices in Missoula, MT. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 7 years. Read her story

3031 S Russell St

Missoula, MT 59801

Learn about Rebecca Sobin

Rebecca Sobin's bio

This content was provided by Rebecca Sobin "I graduated from Southwest Acupuncture College in Santa Fe, New Mexico in 2002 with my Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. I moved home to Montana in 2002 and practiced in Bozeman and Livingston, Montana until 2008, when I decided to pursue my Doctorate at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland, Oregon. I graduated in 2010 with the advanced clinical degree and title of Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM). I continued teaching and supervising master degree seeking student interns at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland, Oregon until August of 2011. At that time I accepted a position at Integrative Medicine Clinic in Great Falls, Montana and began seeing patients in September of 2011. I left Great Falls after the clinic closed when our Doctor joined Benefis Hospital, July 2013 and became acting Dean of Academic Education at Han University of Traditional Medicine in Tucson, AZ, while flying back to Montana and seeing patients. I returned to Montana in July 2015 and joined the Acupuncture Clinic of Missoula. I see a variety of conditions including but not limited to anxiety and stress, acute and chronic pain, menopausal symptoms, menstrual issues, headaches, allergies, insomnia, and fatigue."

This content was provided by Rebecca Sobin "As an acupuncturist, I am very aware of the needs of my patients and their comfort while receiving acupuncture. No two patients are alike and treatment is customized for each person.

The needling techniques I use are very gentle and effective. I understand some patients never having received acupuncture, may be unsure what to expect, and may have fear surrounding the initial treatment. I always take time to explain what to expect from  acupuncture, both during and after an appointment.

When treating many conditions, the time-line varies depending on what is being treated. In general, changes should be seen around the 5th or 6th acupuncture visit, although sometimes it can be earlier or even later than this. I always provide counseling on what to expect for each condition after doing a thorough intake and assessment. The patient will be informed of what modalities they may expect to receive in subsequent treatments and may opt out as well.

I feel I bring a high level of ethical care and compassion into practice."

• Acupuncture

Rebecca Sobin does not have any board certifications listed.

• Allergies

• Moxibustion
  • Pain Management
  • Stress Management
  • Trigger Point Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Montana.

• Montana State University-Bozeman
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Oregon College Of Oriental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • Southwest Acupuncture College
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Oregon College Of Oriental Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Rebecca Sobin has no awards or honors listed.

Rebecca Sobin has no media or publications listed.

Rebecca Sobin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Rebecca Sobin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Rebecca Sobin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Rebecca Sobin to family and friends
3.0
based on 2 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Rebecca Sobin Says:

I appreciate your feedback and encourage you to call me with any concerns or questions. My practice is referral based, so if you are pleased with your care, please pass it on.

Rebecca Sobin's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
Alpine, UT |
I was in distress with the needles in. Dr. Sobin returned talking about available dates I could come next and then quickly left room, giving me a no chance to discuss my concern. I thought I could voice my fear of what happened in reception area but she ignored my two attempts to speak to her, and walked away. At home the severe distress continued, I called 5 times, over 3 days, but never got a call back. I didn't matter and my calls were ignored. A patient deserves to be cared for and heard.
Have you seen Rebecca Sobin, DAOM?
Are you Rebecca Sobin?