Karen Marley, LMFT

Marriage & Family TherapyFemale

Marriage & Family Therapy

Karen Marley, LMFT is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Lake Forest, CA.

Karen Marley, LMFT
23591 El Toro Rd Ste 214 Lake Forest, CA 92630

Karen Marley's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Karen Marley

3.0

A therapist shouldn't do most of the speaking. I've also learned since speaking to her that it's a conflict of interest to treat a couple while being one person's individual therapist. She basically helped my emotionally abusive partner gaslight me, because she has months of hearing my partner's side and never once asked for my side in private. After work to recover from her treatment, I realize that I didn't feel comfortable criticizing my partner in front of them because of how they would react. When I did bring up my concerns, she dismissed them and said they weren't important. She only wanted to focus on the things he'd brought up in his personal sessions. If she were asked about this, I'd guess she'd chaulk it up to being bitter and/or that the party in the wrong isn't going to be happy with the outcome of proper therapy. But she should know better than to treat one partner while acting as relationship counselor. She was irresponsible and her suggestions to satifsy what my partner wanted without my side did a lot of damage I'm still working to undo.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Anonymous – Aug 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Marley, LMFT?

How was your experience with Karen Marley?