Karen Landmann, LCSW

CounselingFemaleAge 56

Karen Landmann
168 W 86th St Apt 1b New York, NY 10024

Karen Landmann, LCSW is a Counselor in New York, NY and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Columbia University School of Social Work medical school in 1997. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Karen Landmann to book an appointment.

Compare Karen Landmann, LCSW with other Counselors near you

Karen Landmann's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Karen Landmann

Karen Landmann?
  • Listened & answered questions (86)
  • Appointment scheduling (84)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (84)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
Karen is professional and personable. She has the ability to always put things into their proper perspective due to a terrific memory. 4 years and counting. Thx Karen. M
Michael – Apr 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
very intuitive and insightful, remarkably understanding and helpful After only a short time, it seemed she knew me very well. I was comforted and reassured by our conversation
Apr 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
As a patient who comes from a multicultural background, Karen had no problem understanding the issues I was going through and gave great advice on how to face these challenges. Karen has helped me address my issues with anxiety and loneliness. She has helped me become motivated in working towards my goals in life.
Apr 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I personally think karen is empathetic, patient and generally understanding. I haven’t experienced any crossing of boundaries with her, any time I’ve needed time ,space or otherwise she’s been versatile in each situation. I’ve had therapist before where I felt it was more of just them listening than giving a response and though that was fine at that time having Karen who listens and responds in various helpful ways with much respected insight has been great for me it has helped me be able to see things clearly put things in perspective and when a insecure sometimes that confirmation that I need —definitely overall supportive and the honesty is always appreciated . So far no complaints.
Cam – Apr 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I have been seeing Karen for the last 2 years. I'm a black man with a disability and having someone who is biracial and open minded to the disability experience has been life changing for me. She always thinks about creating an accessible space for me with considerations of my wheelchair. She always considers how race and race based issues play into mental health. She can understand how intersectionality between the two work as well. Her newer space is being built with accessibility for people with disabilities in mind. She's helped confront my fears and get closer to a better me in an invaluable way. Thank you Karen!
Stefan E Henry – Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I found Karen through my insurance website at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I had just found out I was pregnant with my second child and I was balancing the shift of working from home, going through a difficult first trimester, taking care of my toddler, and trying to keep our family distanced, healthy, and safe. The angst of it all was more than I was able to handle at the time. When I called Karen for the first time, she picked up the call and we began our work together immediately. She was relatable, flexible, warm, and understanding from the first moment we spoke. During our time working together, she has helped me navigate through the pandemic, my pregnancy (and complications that came with it), my postpartum mental health, and more. She was willing to try different modalities to support me until we found the one(s) that really worked, to the point where I feel like I have the tools to take care of myself and my family.
Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I have been seeing Karen for the past two years and she is one of the best professionals I have come across! She is a conscientious, attentive, compassionate and well trained professional who goes above and beyond her job by taking a personal investment is her patients to the level that I felt as though she truly cares about me as a person as well as a patient. To add to her high levels of empathy, she is highly skilled and brings many modalities to her work. She is trained in both DBT, EFT, and EMDR as well as does Reiki and energy work; all services I have benefited from and have helped me in developing into a happier and healthier person. Overall, I am so glad that I found her as the quality of my life and personal and professional choices have become more positive through her support. I highly recommend her as a therapist!
Apr 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen has addressed my issues in a compassionate, empathetic and intelligent manner. She has allowed me to freely explore issues and gain insight into solutions for past family trauma issues and ADHD.
Anonymous – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is very empathetic, honest, and flexible. She’s helped me put things in perspective and be less scared of everyday life.
Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Great personality and very thorough
Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen has been super helpful and supportive from the moment I met her. She truly cares about the people she works with and her passion shows. She is always a text or call away in between sessions which I really appreciate since things come up. She has helped me tremendously with my personal issues. She has even gone above and beyond to provide services for my significant other as well. I would highly recommend her if you are looking for a genuine, trustworthy and constructive therapist!
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is a wonderfully understanding person. I felt immediately at ease with her, and during the time she was treating me, my issues were addressed in a considerate and proactive way.
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is by far the most supportive therapist I have ever worked with. She is kind, patient, knowledgable and so incredibly vigilant. I cannot say enough about how she has helped me and supported my journey through this mess I call a mind. I highly recommend Karen. She will do whatever is necessary to support your mental health.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I do not feel that Karen Landmann is qualified at this time and has inappropriate boundaries in her private practice.
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is a very caring and compassionate person which reflects in her work and her devotion to helping clients get better. She helped me at a time when everything seemed hopeless. I would highly recommend her!
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I made an appointment a month in advance when I went to the consultation she was not in the place, I called several times she didnt answer me and then I sent an email where we made the appointment and she never answered me!
William in New , NY – Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I must say Karen has truly changed my life! After much suffering. I'm praticing and living generally an anxiety free life without using medication. I thought this would never happen, but therapy is something I now recommend to everyone around me. Karen is not only friendly, but also relatable to talk with. In a way that doesn't feel like the other stereotypical therapist I’ve seen in the past. She just gets it and from a place of no judgements. Thankful and eternally grateful.
Niq in Nyc – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen has been an amazing therapist, counselor, and life coach. She has been helping me overcome a very difficult part of my life, and I've never realized how amazing it is to have someone like her on your side until now. She genuinely cares about her clients and will fight for you even when you don't think you can fight for your self. She is a breath of fresh air in an industry that seems to care more about medication and/or insurance. I HIGHLY recommend Karen.
New York, NY – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I see Karen for couples counseling w/ my partner and she has REALLY helped us in the short time span we've been seeing her (about a month). Our communication is better, we have an understanding of the importance of walking away from situations, before they become explosive, as long as we come back, and much more. We see her both as a couple and individually. I certainly recommend.
Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
She is an excellent therapist for my son - he has really blossomed with her .
Amber in New York, NY – Sep 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?

How was your experience with Karen Landmann?

I really love what I do. I believe that patients always come first, and I do everything possible to minimize the power differential and implement a collaborative...Read more

I have wanted to be a therapist almost my entire life.  My mother was clinical social worker specializing in geriatrics.  She inspired me in...Read more

• Counseling

Columbia University School of Social Work
1996
Beth Israel Medical Center
1994
Certificate, Teaching English As a Second Language, Canadian Centre For Language and Cultural Studies, Toronto, On, Canada
1988