Karen Landmann, LCSW

Counseling •  Female • Age 55

Karen Landmann
168 W 86th St Apt 1b New York, NY 10024

Karen Landmann, LCSW is a Counselor in New York, NY and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Columbia University School of Social Work medical school in 1997. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Karen Landmann to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

See similar Counselors in New York

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Karen Landmann accepts

Karen Landmann accepts the following insurance:

Affinity Health Plan

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Substance Abuse

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Karen Landmann, LCSW...

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Karen Landmann's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Karen Landmann

Karen Landmann?
What People Say About Karen Landmann, LCSW
I have been seeing Karen for the past two years and she is one of the best professionals I have come across! She is a conscientious, attentive, compassionate and well trained professional who goes above and beyond her job by taking a personal investment is her patients to the level that I felt as though she truly cares about me as a person as well as a patient. To add to her high levels of empathy, she is highly skilled and brings many modalities to her work. She is trained in both DBT, EFT, and EMDR as well as does Reiki and energy work; all services I have benefited from and have helped me in developing into a happier and healthier person. Overall, I am so glad that I found her as the quality of my life and personal and professional choices have become more positive through her support. I highly recommend her as a therapist!
Apr 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen has addressed my issues in a compassionate, empathetic and intelligent manner. She has allowed me to freely explore issues and gain insight into solutions for past family trauma issues and ADHD.
Anonymous – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is very empathetic, honest, and flexible. She’s helped me put things in perspective and be less scared of everyday life.
Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Great personality and very thorough
Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen has been super helpful and supportive from the moment I met her. She truly cares about the people she works with and her passion shows. She is always a text or call away in between sessions which I really appreciate since things come up. She has helped me tremendously with my personal issues. She has even gone above and beyond to provide services for my significant other as well. I would highly recommend her if you are looking for a genuine, trustworthy and constructive therapist!
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is a wonderfully understanding person. I felt immediately at ease with her, and during the time she was treating me, my issues were addressed in a considerate and proactive way.
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is by far the most supportive therapist I have ever worked with. She is kind, patient, knowledgable and so incredibly vigilant. I cannot say enough about how she has helped me and supported my journey through this mess I call a mind. I highly recommend Karen. She will do whatever is necessary to support your mental health.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I do not feel that Karen Landmann is qualified at this time and has inappropriate boundaries in her private practice.
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is a very caring and compassionate person which reflects in her work and her devotion to helping clients get better. She helped me at a time when everything seemed hopeless. I would highly recommend her!
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I made an appointment a month in advance when I went to the consultation she was not in the place, I called several times she didnt answer me and then I sent an email where we made the appointment and she never answered me!
William in New , NY – Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I must say Karen has truly changed my life! After much suffering. I'm praticing and living generally an anxiety free life without using medication. I thought this would never happen, but therapy is something I now recommend to everyone around me. Karen is not only friendly, but also relatable to talk with. In a way that doesn't feel like the other stereotypical therapist I’ve seen in the past. She just gets it and from a place of no judgements. Thankful and eternally grateful.
Niq in Nyc – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen has been an amazing therapist, counselor, and life coach. She has been helping me overcome a very difficult part of my life, and I've never realized how amazing it is to have someone like her on your side until now. She genuinely cares about her clients and will fight for you even when you don't think you can fight for your self. She is a breath of fresh air in an industry that seems to care more about medication and/or insurance. I HIGHLY recommend Karen.
New York, NY – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I see Karen for couples counseling w/ my partner and she has REALLY helped us in the short time span we've been seeing her (about a month). Our communication is better, we have an understanding of the importance of walking away from situations, before they become explosive, as long as we come back, and much more. We see her both as a couple and individually. I certainly recommend.
Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
She is an excellent therapist for my son - he has really blossomed with her .
Amber in New York, NY – Sep 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I look forward to my session with Karen each week. She is very perceptive and always has really helpful insight. She is patient and kind. I feel very lucky to have found her!
natacha r in new york, NY – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is amazing!!! I am so glad that I had found her my life had a incredible improvement within few section. Her kindness and knowledge makes me feel so comfortable to express myself. She went beyond my expectations when I was suffering from depression and social anxiety, I can feel myself again after feeling so useless. Every time I go see her it feels that I will have a chat with a friend that always understands me and gives me brilliant ideas to overcome my problems.
ND in New York, NY – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is very unethical, to say the least. She makes snap judgments and doubles down on them regardless of their impact on your wellbeing. Don't take my word for it, do some research online before going to her and you'll find many facts don't add up. Should you still decide to have a couple of sessions with her you’ll find out what I mean.
Pishi in New York, NY – Sep 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I am new to therapy and thought it would take a long time to find a therapist I would be comfortable with. Karen is taking her time getting to know me and isn't just jumping into what the problem is. She is very respectful of our time together, and doesn't allow interruptions. She is also very flexible on days and times if you need to reschedule. It's impressive how knowledgeable she is and how informed she stays on things happening around the world. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
Chris – Aug 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
Karen is an absolutely wonderful therapist. She’s thoughtful, intelligent, listens well, and genuinely cares about her clients. She offers great help and advice and will go the extra mile for you. Would recommend 110%!!!
Melanie in Bronx – Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?
I live in New York City for two years. It is difficult to adapt to my new home and I was depressed. I speak Portuguese and my English still need some improvement. Karen speak Portuguese and Spanish and that is good for me when I forget or dont know some words in English. She listen and help me to feel at home step by step. I am happy with the result!
Emerson dos Santos – Apr 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Karen Landmann, LCSW?

How was your experience with Karen Landmann?

I really love what I do. I believe that patients always come first, and I do everything possible to minimize the power differential and implement a collaborative approach.  It is true that I have a great deal of academic and practical experience...

• Counseling

Columbia University School of Social Work
1996
Beth Israel Medical Center
1994
Certificate, Teaching English As a Second Language, Canadian Centre For Language and Cultural Studies, Toronto, On, Canada
1988
St. John's College

• Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Dutch

More Information

• Does Karen Landmann communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Karen Landmann communicates via email

• Does Karen Landmann offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Karen Landmann offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Karen Landmann offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Karen Landmann offers an online patient portal

• Does Karen Landmann have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Karen Landmann has free onsite parking

• Does Karen Landmann offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Karen Landmann offers weekend visits

• Does Karen Landmann offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Karen Landmann offers evening visits