Kaerensa Craft, LCSW

Kaerensa Craft, LCSW

Psychotherapy  |
Female
Throughout life, I have been interested in personality development and how we come to think and feel about ourselves and others in our lives. With these issues in mind, I have steadily moved along a trajectory that has included interest in people and relationships. In 1995, I graduated from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Arts in Geography, focusing on social and demographic studies. While there, I had the opportunity to participate in research projects examining conditions of a homeless community in Los Angeles. Talking with people and hearing about their lives came very easily to me, and became quite compelling for me emotionally. In 1999, I completed a Master of Science in Social Work at Columbia University, concentrating in social policy affecting families and children while providing support services to families in the foster care system. Over the next few years, I continued to work with people affected by social systems, particularly legal systems addressing issues of domestic abuse. During this time, I had the unique experience of providing educational, mental health, and support services to both victims and perpetrators of relationship abuse, and gained a multi-faceted perspective about the dynamics of relationships, both healthy and unhealthy. Since that time, I have continued to provide consultation services around working with victims and perpetrators of relationship abuse to various preventive services agencies and treatment programs around NYC. In 2002, I began working with individuals struggling with alcohol and chemical dependency problems at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, where I gained considerable clinical training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) with an excellent team of social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists. In 2008, I completed the requirements for Certification in Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling (CASAC). Since 2009, I have worked on various research studies investigating psychotherapy interventions for alcohol use disorders. In an effort to gain complementary perspectives and training, I pursued and completed a 2-year training program in 2005 in psychodynamic psychotherapy of adults at the Institute for Psychoanalytic Education at NYU School of Medicine. In the fall of 2011, I began studying at the Stephen Mitchell Center for Relational Studies, where I am presently engaged in continuing education.

1133 Broadway Ste 815

New York, NY 10010

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Kaerensa Craft

• Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Psychoanalysis
  • Relationship Counseling

Kaerensa Craft does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Physical Abuse of Adult
  • Relationship Issues
  • Self-Esteem Problems
  • Stress

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia University, Ny
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Nyu Institute For Psychoanalytic Education Certificate, Adult Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
    Other Education | Completed 2005
  • Stephen Mitchell Center For Relational Studies Relational Psychotherapies
    Other Education | Completed 2015

Kaerensa Craft has no awards or honors listed.

Kaerensa Craft has no media or publications listed.

Kaerensa Craft does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Kaerensa Craft and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kaerensa Craft's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Kaerensa Craft?