Julie Simons, LCSW

Julie Simons, LCSW

Individual Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Julie Simons, LCSW is an individual counselor in Lakewood Ranch, FL and has been practicing for 24 years. She graduated from University Of South Florida in 1994 and specializes in individual counseling, counseling, and more.Read her story

6151 Lake Osprey Dr Ste 300

Lakewood Ranch, FL 34240

Learn about Julie Simons

Julie Simons' bio

This content was provided by Julie Simons "I am a psychotherapist in private practice working with men and women of all ages with various issues. I have training in helping people resolve trauma and use an individualized approach to deal with a wide range of issues from coping with divorce, major life changes, accidents/disaster victims and past sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse. I also have many years experience in working with depression, anxiety as well as supporting others in their personal growth. I have a former specialty with children and teens and continue to see this population on a case by case basis; however, I most of my work is with individual adults."

This content was provided by Julie Simons "Every therapist has her or his own personal and professional style. In an effort to describe mine, I would say my approach is both personal and eclectic. Each individual that enters my office comes in with a unique history and perspective, and I make a conscious effort to understand and become familiar with their very personal experience of life. No one approach works for everyone. That's why I like having many "tools in my toolbox." I work with each person to get clear on his or her goals and together we develop a clinical strategy to work toward a common purpose. Though some people seek a more directive approach, while others require more validation and support, my personality generally reflects a gentle, empathic approach. Ultimately, I consider myself somewhat of a wilderness guide with a flashlight, perhaps just one step ahead of my client providing light and focus where needed."

• Individual Counseling
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Men's Health Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology

Julie Simons does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services

• Sarasota Meml Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Institute For Bioenergetic Analysis
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Julie Simons has no awards or honors listed.

Julie Simons has no media or publications listed.

Julie Simons does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Julie Simons and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Julie Simons' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Julie Simons to family and friends

Julie Simons' Performance

Julie Simons Says:
"

It is the highest form of validation to get feedback from the people who have worked with me.

"

Amazing!!! Very empathetic, she doesn't just listen, she hears and rephrases. As a trained counselor it is challenging to find someone that can rise to my level of expectations and Julie Simons always does. She pushes when I need to be pushed, but never to hard and is cognizant of my hurt and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback. Knowing that you've benefited from our work is very validating and much appreciated.

Julie is absolutely amazing. She has transformed the way I think about myself and my life. She has a deep understanding of how to heal wounds - both new and old. The tools she has given me to maneuver through life are phenomenal. Highly recommend!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

I'm so glad to know our work has been helpful. Thank you for your feedback.

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Psychology