Counseling  |
Julia Appleby, LPCC-S
Julia Appleby earned a Bachelors degree in Social work in 1986 and a Masters degree in Education in Community Counseling in 1992 from the University of Akron. As a social worker she began her vocation in program development with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. In 1987, she went to work for the Stark County Department of Human Services in the Family Services division. Here she devoted her efforts to working with children and families who had been affected by abuse and neglect. She also filled the first position as the Foster and Adoptive Parent Recruiter for Stark County DHS prior to leaving the Department in 1992. With her Masters completed, she commenced her life's passion as a counselor at Community Services of Stark County, Inc. In addition to providing mental health services, she offered individual and group supervision to counseling student interns. She was also contracted as a part time school counselor at St. Joseph Elementary School in Canton. In 1998, Julia joined Psychological and Family Consultants, Inc. Her current practice at Vista Psychological & Counseling Centre, LLC includes working with individuals, couples, children/adolescents, and families. She holds a license as a Professional Clinical Counselor and a National Clinical Counselor. She is a member of the American Counseling Association, the Ohio Counseling Association, and the Ohio Mental Health Counselors Association. Julia resides in the Canton community with her husband Michael and their sons, Austin and Jacob.

Vista Psychological and Counseling Centre, LLC

1201 S Main St Ste 100

North Canton, OH 44720

Learn about Julia Appleby

Dedicated to helping individuals, couples, and families achieve greater emotional wellness and adjustment.

• Counseling

Julia Appleby does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University Of Akron
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Akron
    Other Education | Completed 1992

Julia Appleby has no awards or honors listed.

Julia Appleby has no media or publications listed.

Julia Appleby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Julia Appleby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Julia Appleby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Julia Appleby to family and friends
Julia Appleby's Performance
North Canton, OH |
Julia is very personable and seems to try to establish a connection very quickly. My teen daughter sees her. Because she is very shy, she likes me to sit in on the sessions so I am able to see first hand how easily Julia is to talk with.
Julia is incredibly helpful. She provides an honest yet optimistic take on every situation. She doesn't pry but still asks enough questions to solve the problem. She genuinely cares about every single one of her patients. Julia never rushes a patient even if they are going over their appointment time.
Cleveland, OH |
I have been seeing Julia for several years and appreciate her candid, straight-forward insight. She is a great listener and experienced counselor. I have referred several friends and family members to Julia.
Akron |
I am a current patient and have been since 2011-2012. Very good, very personable, very helpful and I couldn't ask for a better person to talk to! I mean my commitment for this many years speaks for itself. She's awesome!
Uniontown, OH |
She said "I hear your frustration, give me the opportunity to listen to you. If I am not a good fit for you, I know that I can refer you to someone that will be". Congenial, empathetic, regarding and true.
North Canton |
Good provider. Schedules tight though for appts so need to be proactive and schedule way out and cancel as needed.
Detroit, MI |
She was kind and made me feel comfortable. She listened and had great insight. She opened herself up which made me feel comfortable opening myself as well. I went in feeling sad and anxious that I even needed to be there, but she made me understand that I was completely normal and opened my eyes to things I hadn't thought about.
Canton, OH |
I love how easy it is to talk to julia. Doesn't feel like counseling, feels more like talking to a friend. She keeps herself current and even open to other treatments. I taught her the benefits of CBD and she did not dismiss it like some do.
The first day that my husband and I met with Julia, we were so happy to have found her. She has always made both of us feel completely at ease and unguarded. There's a stigma about counseling and many people are hesitant, but I say you haven't found The right counselor. When it's right, you will feel safe, respected & heard. Having someone help you to develop better communication and/or coping skills is something everyone could benefit from. I truly look forward to my appointments with Julia.
in Canton, OH |
I have been going to Julia Appleby for just under 2 years. She is a very pleasant person. she actually listens to you. she will then give you suggestions and help you to work it out. on the following appointment she will always follow up with you. our appointments have always ended on an upbeat note. She actually seems to care about you as a person. she makes sure you know who your support is and who to call for days when you feel like you can't go on anymore. Office staff is very friendly
Have you seen Julia Appleby, LPCC-S?
Are you Julia Appleby?