Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD

Clinical Social Work •  Female • Age 59

Dr. Strauss

Kathryn Smerling, Ph.D, LCSW

3333 Henry Hudson Pkwy Ste 4 Bronx, NY 10463

Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD is a Clinical Social Worker in Bronx, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Strauss to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Clinical Social Workers in your area

See similar Clinical Social Workers in Bronx

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Strauss accepts

Dr. Strauss accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
Medicare Regional PPO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Strauss treats your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Strauss' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Strauss

Dr. Strauss?
During this past year, Judy has been such an enlightenment in my life. She has helped me tremendously in figuring out myself, the importance of self care, and how to live life optimistically. I cannot thank her enough, for guiding me so patiently, and I look forward to more healthy building alongside her.
PSA – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
Judy is by far the most giftest therapist I’ve ever had. She understands the human condition completely. She has made me feel safe when Ive been vulnerable allowing me to be open and honest. I leave every session with more than I’ve walked in with.
Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
Dr Judy strauss is my secret weapon to living a smarter and more full life. She makes me “stay in my lane “ ( Judy’s words ) and take accountability for myself. Since starting to see her a year ago my relationships are better, I feel more alive and I like myself better. Don’t walk, run - you will know you’re safe in Judy’s care and can learn to be your best self.
Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
In my lifetime of over 70 years, I had a few therapists who helped me build bridges over a neurosis. At this time I am delighted to have found such a resourceful and skillful therapist as Dr. Strauss. She has a drawer full of techniques and insights that have helped enormously in the year or so I’ve seen her. She is a fine professional with an astute awareness of patient needs. I am lucky to have found her. My only complaint would be that she didn't have the green tea I like on one occasion.
Mary Lindberg – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
Dr. Strauss is amazing. I didn’t ever think I would be able to manage my anxiety and challenges. She is simply one of a kind. Her knowledge, expertise and experience, combined with empathy and compassion creares a safe environment for any patient to be able to thrive in. I wish I could give a score HIGHER than 5 stars to Dr Strauss ( Dr Judy is what her patients call her by the way. That’s how awesome she is).
Aug 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
Intelligent. Street smart. Gets to the core of the problem. Dr. Strauss is exceptionally intuitive while being clinically observant. As a male that was being emasculated by my insane wife and her malicious attorney, Dr. Strauss delicately encouraged me to take care of myself and to regain my confidence and independence. She helped me out of my depression and slowly but surely I became the person I had always been. Happy, independent, and free.
William in Rockland – Jan 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
I started therapy with Dr. Judy in August of 2016, when my life-partner of over thirty years was diagnosed with an incurable neurological disease. The treatment has been a tremendous help in dealing with the daily challenges of being a caregiver while being a professional musician at the same time. Dr. Judy is good at finding constructive plans of action thanks to her knowledge of resources for eldercare and through her many professional connections in New York. I am glad to have her on my team.
Frank F. in New York, NY – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
I am a full-time working mother of teenage twins who reached out to Judy upon having to deal with a family crisis. I needed someone who could help us process these events so we could move forward. She has been incredibly warm and caring every step of the way. My children and I are very comfortable with her. She really listens and offers good, practical advice. After a year, we are seeing daylight again. We highly recommend her!
Riverdale – Dec 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
I began seeing Judy in September 2016 as I was starting my own private practice. Her experience and insight has been tremendously helpful as I have been growing my own practice. Her skills as a psychotherapist, educator and relational approach has been just right for advising me as I grow as a clinician.
New York, NY – Nov 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
I’d like to strongly recommend Dr. Judy Strauss. She is an absolutely fantastic doctor and treats all her patients like family. My son is a college student in New York, attending a high pressure university. When the pressures of balancing school and his personal life became too much for him, I reached out to Dr. Strauss. She immediately took him under her wing and has helped him tremendously. She returns messages promptly and truly cares about her patients and their loved ones. She’s the best!
Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
The results in an enlightening, no-pressure environment speak for themselves. Thanks to the non-judgmental unconditional support and amazingly useful feedback I'm getting from Dr Judy Strauss, I'm achieving new levels of balance, harmony, and yes--"happiness/peace", as I discover deeper levels of self-understanding. I highly recommend Dr Judy Strauss to anyone who is looking for sensitive, knowledgeable and effective character analysis and/or improvement.
Kathy in Bronx, NY – Apr 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
Before my recent retirement I worked and found psychotherapy in Manhattan. When I retired and moved to Riverdale NY, I needed to find a new therapist to deal with issues of postretirement identity, marriage conflicts, and depression. Dr. Strauss has been just what I needed. Her humane connection, intelligence, and balance between close listening, and insightful feedback has helped me tremendously.
Bronx, NY – Apr 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
I highly recommend Dr. Strauss. Her insights and supportive nature are fueled by her generous and warm heart. You will feel safe, and in good hands.
New York, NY – Apr 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
I've been in treatment for many years, with different therapists and doctors, and can say that my life has truly shifted because I felt safe enough with Dr. Strauss. Feeling accepted and comfortable enough to really talk was the beginning of my life shifting in a way to feel better. My expectation was to feel less overtaken by my negative feelings and for my life to be different. I highly recommend Dr. Strauss.
Nancy B in New York, NY – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?
Judy is an amazing therapist. Caring, great listener and amazing. I highly recommend her to anyone!
Donna Lobello in New York, NY – Mar 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judy Strauss, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Strauss?

Judy Strauss PhD, LCSW-R, a licensed New York City Psychotherapist works with individuals, couples and families.

• Clinical Social Work
  • Social Work

2016
National Institute For The Psycho Therapies

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Strauss communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Strauss offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Strauss offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Strauss have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Strauss offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Strauss offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (917) 362-3933