Judy Herman, LPCMH

Judy Herman, LPCMH

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Judy Herman, LPCMH is a counselor in Chattanooga, TN. She specializes in counseling, psychology, and more.Read her story

400 E Main St Ste 140E

Chattanooga, TN 37408

Learn about Judy Herman

Judy Herman's bio

This content was provided by Judy Herman "I offer a 20 minute free consultation in my office for you to get a feel for my perspective, training and services. Here's a few frequently asked questions: Why seek counseling in the first place? Because you're worth it. How many of us don't think twice about spending $2,000 or more fixing our cars? We spend money on home maintenance or remodeling, yet we question the value of investing in our own lives! The investment you put into your life and marriage leaves a legacy of restored relationships for years to come. Our family patterns from years previous have a powerful hold on each of us. With counseling you have the privilege of changing your family tree toward transformation. Why would I trust "a stranger who doesn't know me" with intimate details of my life's journey? We are all strangers to each other until we're open and curious to know the other. It's important that you know, like, and trust your therapist. I don't recommend blindly going to anyone for counseling. I highly recommend getting counseling referrals from those you do trust. I recommend doing research on therapists who specialize in what you're looking for. Licensed Professional Counselors are Master's level therapists who have gone through extensive training and supervision with researched and proven techniques and theories. Opening up to an experienced, licensed therapist can help give you perspective beyond your patterned way of thinking. We're generally open to those who are trained and licensed in their professions: mechanics, plumbers, doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. Why should I consider counseling when I have my friends to talk to? Yes, positive friends are an invaluable resource. Do begin there. It's common to disclose to your hair stylist. When your friends or others say to you, "you may want to see a therapist," it's time to seek therapy. It's important to nurture friendships. When your friend is your therapist, it becomes a lopsided relationship. Healthy friendships have a good balance of give and take. If you feel better, but your friend feels drained, it's time to seek therapy. Can I use my insurance benefits to pay for counseling? I'm out-of-network which means: I'm independent of insurance companies telling me how to do therapy. I can meet you where your point of need is without having to explain it to a third party. I'm not required to give you a diagnosis or accept lowered fees. I'm able to give you quality service and operate with core values that honor your dignity and the expertise of my services. You will pay fees directly to me. Upon your request, I will provide information should you choose to file claims with your insurance company for any rebate they owe you. How will I know if my time and commitment to counseling is worth it? It's important that you experience counseling as valuable and worth time, energy and money. Here are questions to consider: Is my purpose and communication more clear? Am I less depressed, anxious, stressed? Am I sleeping better? Is my overall health better? Have my problem symptoms decreased? Am I more self-aware? Am I on a journey toward health and well-being? Am I making the next right decision? Have I learned practical insights? Am I more loving, organized, settled, growing? Do I have a plan for nurturing myself and my relationships? I encourage you to be aware of your significant relationships. Do they see a positive difference in you because of your therapy. "

This content was provided by Judy Herman "As a licensed professional counselor and mental health service provider, I'm inspired by the resilience and growth of my clients. I'm a non-medical provider with a holistic approach to wellness who values the worth and dignity of each client.

Couples learn to create connection beyond conflict through a dialogue method which makes the space between them emotionally safe. We all seek to be heard and understood.

Gain perspective that moves you beyond relationship messes and into discovering your true self. Physical and emotional health is connected with authentic and dependable relationships.

I help business leaders, influencers, parents, and couples create a growth mindset for themselves and their significant relationships.

• For more on my approach and beliefs, log onto to my website.
  • Consider signing up for a 20 minute free consultation in my office.
  • The environment and personality of a therapist makes a difference in the process.
  • You deserve the right fit.
"

• Psychology Education
  • Psychotherapy
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Judy Herman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
  • Family Counseling
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Bryan College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • Richmont Graduate University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005

Judy Herman has no awards or honors listed.

Judy Herman has no media or publications listed.

Judy Herman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Judy Herman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Judy Herman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Judy Herman

Judy Herman?
Judy Herman's Performance
What People Say About Judy Herman, LPCMH
Judy was a guest speaker in my class and she did a great job sharing her expertise with my students. They appreciated her presentation and learned valuable lessons from it. Thank you Judy. You are always welcome when another opportunity is presented. May God continue to bless you and your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Judy Herman, LPCMH?
As an ordained minister married for more than 20 years to a person with a counseling background, I felt like going through counseling to correct some issues in our marriage was just a formality--two stubborn people who already know 'the tricks' in relationship counseling and have 'seen and heard it...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Judy Herman, LPCMH?
I met Judy through a very reputable women's organization and joined a Focus group she had organized. Friendly, open, and speaking with clarity, she lead our group in a very kind and non-judgmental way while making us feel that someone was confidently in charge. She is someone I would recommend if...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Judy Herman, LPCMH?
Judy always has a way of helping us see the bigger picture out of difficulties we’re going through. The improvements we’ve made in our communication wouldn't have been possible before coming to counseling. Our relationship has transformed.
Thank you. It's my privilege.
×Post a ResponseAre you Judy Herman, LPCMH?
Judy presented at our DBSA State retreat. Attendees of her sessions, consistently commented on her ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand. She was knowledgeable, gave insights and tools for improving relationships. Judy is very approachable, accepting and encouraging. As a...Read More
Thanks. It was an energizing experience for me!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Judy Herman?