Joy Gillespie, LCSW

Joy Gillespie, LCSW

Clinical Social Work  ·
Female  ·
Joy Gillespie, LCSW is a clinical social worker in Saint Peters, MO. She specializes in clinical social work.Read her story

1236 Jungermann Rd Ste D

Saint Peters, MO 63376

(636) 466-1994

• HealthLink

Learn about Joy Gillespie

Joy Gillespie's bio

This content was provided by Joy Gillespie "I chose to be a therapist simply because I love my profession and truly care for my clients. I want to make a difference and more importantly, I want to be able to empower my clients so that they can make a difference in their own life. I have almost 10 years of experience in the psychotherapy field. My clinical background for the past seven years involves working intensively in in-home settings providing quality counseling services for children/adolescents and their families, working as a psychiatric social worker on psych units in hospital setting, and providing outpatient counseling services for children, adolescents and adults in community health clinics."

This content was provided by Joy Gillespie "My clients describe me as someone they feel safe and comfortable with, someone they feel they can trust, and someone that genuinely cares for them. One of the things I valued the most at my practice is my clients' therapeutic bond with me. Therefore, my top priority is to provide a safe, confidential and non-judgmental space for you to work through current struggles. I am committed to helping you identify the core issues leading up to present concerns, and providing the necessary knowledge for you to gain more insight into current issues. I will explain all the treatment options in details, and we will work closely as a team to come up with a treatment plan that best meets your therapeutic needs and goals. A combination of evidence-based and strength-centered therapy approaches will be used throughout the treatment to help achieve your goals. Your therapy experience and feedback will be evaluated periodically to ensure the best treatment outcomes."

• Clinical Social Work

Joy Gillespie does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Barnes Jewish Hospital-Psych Unit
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Washington University In Saint Louis, Master Of Social Work (Msw)
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Joy Gillespie has no awards or honors listed.

Joy Gillespie has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Joy Gillespie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Joy Gillespie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Joy Gillespie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Joy Gillespie to family and friends
2 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Joy Gillespie's Performance

After several failed attempts at finding a therapist that I felt comfortable with, I found Joy. She is empathetic and genuinely cares about her patients. She provides great insight and perspective as well as encouragement and support during the really bad times as well as the good. She has helped...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Are you Joy Gillespie?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Counseling