Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP

Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Kwakuyi

Tucson Treatment Center, Inc.

4400 E Broadway Blvd Ste 600 Tucson, AZ 85711

Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP is a psychiatric nurse practitioner in Tucson, AZ. He specializes in psychiatric nursing (nurse practitioner), nursing (nurse practitioner), and more.

Dr. Kwakuyi accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Kwakuyi treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Kwakuyi's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Social Phobia

Dr. Kwakuyi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kwakuyi

Dr. Kwakuyi?
Dr. Kwakuyi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP
Dr. Joy is very professional and I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
I had today a most bizarre and infuriating appointment with this provider. As he ushered me into his office he asked me if I'd been drinking or was under the influence of an "intoxicating substance". He insisted that I was exhibiting behaviors consistent with intoxication of some sort. I was not intoxicated with any substance at all and told him so. Still he persisted again and again. I was stunned and angry. He suggested a urine drug test. What? No! I left with the image of his smug grin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
He is a compassionate doctor who takes the time to listen to his patience. I never felt rushed or hurried, even though my diagnoses are complicated I felt included in making decisions about "our" plan to move forward. I am grateful to have found Dr. K!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
DR. Joy Kwakuyi is very pleasant to work with. He explains things in laymans terms and includes you in decision process about your treatment. Felt like we were working as a team.
Very helpful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
I have had 7 visits with Dr. Joy since April 2918. He is very skilled, empathetic, and conscientious, a good listener, and responds promptly to emails. I highly recommend him without reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
dissatisfactory. ran out 4 meds this month. would not refill, because missed 2 appts. very punitive of him. why not just refer me elsewhere, and give me a refill, so I would be covered until I located another provider. I implored him to refill meds. ignored all my calls and emails, and requests by pharmacy. finally response after notified was going to file formal complaint. I had to suffer being without medication until then. REFUSED Adderall. why, was compliant? now must subject withdrawals!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Dr. Kwakui is very knowledgeable, attentive, and compassionate. He listened carefully to my situation and responded in a very gentle and supportive manner. He addressed my medication concerns effectively and was well informed concerning current strategies for treating me appropriately. He is very kind as well. I am very pleased that I found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Dr. Kwakuyi was able to help me get the medication I needed approved by my insurance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Dr. Joy is a very compassionate provider. He is very upfront with your care and believes in a less is more approach to your care. He works to eliminate the poly-pharmacy use of meds in your current and future care. I truly appreciate this approach as I am tired of taking the handfuls of meds I had been currently prescribed by past providers. We, Dr. Joy and I, are on the same page and are diligently on a path of wellness together. Thank you Dr. Joy, you are very appreciated!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Thanks to Dr Kwakuyi I am on my way the living my life without the anxiety , fear and depression.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Dr. Joy has been a phenomenal support helping my entire family. He has helped my husband to manage his bipolar condition. In several recent emergencies, Dr. Joy has made time for same day appointment when my husband was in crises. He has also been very helpful in helping my son with his ADHD and my anxiety. Dr. Joy is compassionate, knowledgeable and has been very helpful to our family dynamic. Thanks Dr. Joy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Dr. Kwakuyi was just the thing I was searching for. I was searching for a practitioner who I would feel comfortable and connected with. Dr. Kwakuyi was very kind. He set the stage of what his role was and what approach he takes before providing options which made me feel confident in his process. He took time to understand me and created a plan that was the best possible solution for me and my situation. I would highly recommend Dr. Kwakuyi!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
What a great visit, Dr. Joy is a refreshing figure in Tucson psychiatry. He listened well, offered his opinions/advice and then listened to my input again before we came to a solution that would work for me. He was very clear in his intentions and how he can help me. I wasn't rushed at all, he let me finish my sentences, didn't interrupt at all and didn't try to push me out the door. He was also very friendly. I'm sure I'll be going back to him for a long time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Great Dr! Pleasantly surprised for my 1st visit. Very knowledgeable regarding past meds & conditions. Didnt waste time with unnecessary fluff & a very compassionate demeanor. I recommend Dr Joy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Dr. Joy is very easy to talk with. Very friendly staff and always return calls or emails promptly. Would definitely recommend to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Dr. Joy is a soft-spoken, compassionate man. He listens attentively and provides advice tailored to your problems, and makes sure to follow up to ensure his treatment recommendations are working for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Wonderful experience. I appreciate Dr Joy Kwakuyi ability to schedule appointments quickly and on time for appointments. Friendly and kind. Highly recommend Dr Joy Kwakuyi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Hi it's Tiffany Machado I think ur a really good Dr ur really nice kind an very caring an understanding I'm glad to have u as my psychiatrist
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?
Very friendly and helpful throughout the appointment. Gives wonderful advice and helps you through your problems very efficiently. A wonderful person overall.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joy Kwakuyi, DNP?

How was your experience with Dr. Kwakuyi?

Dr. Joy is client-focused and he uses comprehensive assessment, individualized treatment planning, life coaching, Christian practices, medications, and health teaching for superior results. He works with you towards achieving lasting recovery from de...

• Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Anxiety Disorders