Chiropractic  |
Dr. Joshua Oberhelman, DC
My life's passion is transforming people's bodies that are damaged and/or dysfunctional into bodies that are functional and vibrant. I have experienced chiropractic care since I was a toddler. I also had parents and grandparents who benefited from chiropractic care. This holistic type of care helped me greatly with the sports I played. In the waiting room for chiropractic appointments, patients would speak to me about how they suffered incredible health challenges and then thrived once they experienced chiropractic care. The realization that struck me was that the majority of these patients I met had tried everything else medically, and chiropractic was the last resort which allowed these people to regain their active life back. That was so powerful in my mind that I knew I wanted to be part of chiropractic. I completed my undergraduate studies at Ottawa University earning a Bachelor of Arts in Biology with Cum Laude honors and distinction in biology. Accepted into Cleveland Chiropractic College I was then elected to the Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges and also accepted into the International Chiropractic Honor Society. I graduated valedictorian of my class. While at Chiropractic College, I was in constant pursuit of finding structural care methods that were the most consistent and predictable for getting patients well. I also traveled around the country studying other structural care methods. My education did not stop with chiropractic college graduation: I continue to enhance my knowledge and skills by attending post-graduate seminars on structural care and nutrition. I currently live in DeSoto, Kansas with my wife, Jessica. When I am not at the clinic helping people get well, I enjoy spending time with my wife and personal fitness. Graduated Ottawa University with a B.A. Degree in Biology, Cum Laude and Distinction in Biology Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic, Valedictorian Specialize in Postural Correction and Sports Chiropractic Specialize in Whole Food Nutrition Supplementation Certified in Posture Correction Techniques Certified in Endonasal Cranial Correction Completed Whole Food Nutrition Certification

6301 Antioch Rd

Merriam, KS 66202

Learn about Dr. Oberhelman

At Vernon Place Preventative Health Chiropractic Clinic our patients' health is our number one priority. We pride ourselves in being thorough with our patients and spending the time necessary to get results quickly. You can expect the following from us:

- A thorough case history of the complaints and any health concerns.

- A special examination will be performed.

- A private report of findings with the doctor will be given. In this report we will discuss what we discovered from the case history and examination. We will have a written prescription of care with specific goals.

- With treatments, we do an assessment each visit of the whole body from head to toe.  With each treatment, we assess what is going on subjectively as well as objectively to make sure that we are making continued improvement in your health.

- At the end of the treatment plan we will execute a reevaluation. At this point we will outline what we found and where treatments are needed in the future to obtain your full potential.

• Chiropractic
  • Nutrition Consulting
  • Nutrition Education
  • Nutritional Therapy
  • Pediatric Nutrition

Dr. Oberhelman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders

• Nutritional Counseling
  • Pain Management
  • Physical Examination
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Ottawa University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2009
  • Cleveland Chiropractic College Of Kansas City
    Medical School | Graduated 2012
  • Cleveland Chiropractic College Of Kansas City
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Wyandotte Family Chiropractic Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Oberhelman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Oberhelman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Oberhelman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oberhelman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Oberhelman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oberhelman to family and friends
Dr. Oberhelman's Performance
in Burrton, KS |
Very compassionate and professional. It is obvious he truly cares about his patients.
in Overland Park, KS |
I had went to several spine Dr's and Chiropractic Dr's and had no relief. I started with Josh and could hardly walk. I now not only have a quality of life and can walk - along with have been able to reduce medication some. Have been shown several things with sit,stand,sleep and nutrition changes that help along with care in his office. If you need someone that will help you and care about you and your care - this is the person and place to go. Thanks Josh for all your help.
in De Soto, KS |
Dr. Oberhelman takes his time during your appointment. He won't rush to fit you in a 15 minute slot. Dr. Oberhelman is extremely thorough and truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Oberhelman to anyone that wishes to improve their health through chiropractic and/or nutritional care.
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Oberhelman, DC?
Are you Dr. Oberhelman?