Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM

Acupuncture •  Male • Age 55

Dr. Zimmer

Four Pillars

8209 Natures Way Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202

Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM is an acupuncturist in Lakewood Ranch, FL and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from East West College of Natural Medicine in 2008 and specializes in acupuncture, pain medicine, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Acupuncturists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Zimmer accepts

Dr. Zimmer accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Zimmer treats your condition or procedure

• Trigger Point Therapy
  • Wellness Examination
  • Wrist Pain

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM...

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Zimmer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zimmer

Dr. Zimmer?
Dr. Zimmer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM
I have been going to Dr. Zimmer since he started his practice. He does so much more than just Accupuncture such as cupping, electrical stimulation, and massage. I can always count on him to use the correct modality to treat whatever ache I have at the time. I've referred family members and friends to him, and I travel from Venice to Sarasota for his professional treatments. Last week I saw him for neck pain, and I left the office for the first time, in a long time, with no pain in my neck.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
I am a registered nurse which has enabled me to have a good understanding of the human body and the assessments of each body system. I have been experiencing severe sciatica and neck pain for over 10 years. The assessment done by Josh was phenomenal. I have never had such an extensive work up of all body systems. Josh is extremely knowledgeable and very compassionate. I have had accupuncture in the past but the assessments and treatment that Josh provided was the best I have ever had.
Linda in Philadelphia – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
Josh is my Acupuncturist since October 2017. Since then I have come a long way with his guidance and knowledge. I kept saying Josh I’m not stressed, he once said to me you cannot keep burning the candles at both ends. He made me open my eyes and see exactly what I was doing to my body by keeping it real and not sugar coating things. I have learned that most conditions are lifestyle based and it’s up to me to recognize and make the necessary changes along with his treatments for relaxation.
Gail Blair in Valrico, FL – May 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
Josh has been my acupuncturist for several months now, and during this time I have come to know him more as a person and a practitioner. I believe his healing comes from a deep sense of purpose and compassion, with a knowledge base that continues to grow. If you are struggling with ongoing stress, pain, or need to feel balanced, see Josh for a session and I am certain you will walk away feeling restored.
D. Chadwick in Lakewood Ranch, FL – Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
I find each treatment very helpful in relaxing my body. I enjoy the time of quite relaxation. I find it easy to meditate & just let my body dance with the energy flow. When I have low back and hip pain, his treatments, which combine acupuncture with other modalities like homeopathic injections, make it go away.
Ira Goldberg in Sarasota, Florida – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
Josh Zimmer has been a 5 -star acupuncturist in helping me heal from my 4 cancer occurrences and treatments, as well as from several sports injuries. His expertise and knowledge has facilitated my healing on a physical ,energetic and emotional level that has made him an amazing partner in helping me achieve optimal health. He is a compassionate, dedicated acupuncturist who cares deeply about his patients and his profession. He has my highest recommendation.
Irene in Sarasota, FL – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
The first time I met Dr Josh I was getting massage treatments at the Gabriel Center. I asked him if the needles hurt? Josh patiently showed me how harmless and flexible the needles were. I have really tight hips and all my stress goes to my shoulders. My first treatment I had acupuncture and cupping . I could touch my toes with no pain in my hips that is a huge accomplishment. I have many different tight areas but he tries to help me as much as he can, I recommend Dr Josh to anyone in pain.
Kelly in sarasota – Jan 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
If you want to try out acupuncture for the first time, or if you already love it, Dr. Josh is the right person to get a treatment from! His environment is very warm and inviting. It feels very homey and Dr. Josh is doing a great job to make you feel relaxed! The staff is friendly and welcoming as well. It is an excellent place to get you on you way to healing and feeling better. Filitsa Sterner Mistretta
Filitsa Sterner Mistretta in Sarsota, FL – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
He is very compassionate, listens and he makes every appointment easy. He has a gentle way of speaking to his patients and very thorough. I started going to him for acupuncture and am very impressed. Even brought his referrals. I have really bad migraines and in the three times I have been there, I've only had one small migraine. We are also working with my anemia so this great. I enjoy the acupuncture a lot considering I've never done it before till I started seeing Dr. Zimmer.
Barb Jones in Sarasota – Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?
I first went to Dr. Zimmer to get a B-12 shot and it became so much more. He takes the time to listen and seeks information to treat the sources of concern, not just the symptoms. After a lengthy interview, he researched and advised specific food changes; herbs, vitamins and minerals, as well as acupuncture. Today, I have more sustained energy and am sleeping better, which is extremely important as a healthcare employee who works 6-7 day, 12-16 hour shifts. I highly recommend Dr. Zimmer,
Sarasota, FL – Apr 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josh Zimmer, DOM?

How was your experience with Dr. Zimmer?

We're not machines. Our lives comprise strong and subtle energies that operate on a mind-body-soul plane. The sensitivity of the holistic approach in Traditional Chinese Medicine allows practitioners like myself to partner with patients on journeys that tap into the body's potent self-healing powers. I seek improved vitality and mind health without drugs and/or surgery.

• Acupuncture