Dr. Joseph Tingey, DDS

Dr. Joseph Tingey, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |

Dr. Joe Tingey was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. He studied at the University of Utah and received a BA in Economics in 2008. He then attended dental school at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry. During this time, Dr. Tingey had the opportunity to participate in medical mission trips to Haiti and Peru as well as to serve in local community underserved clinics. He was also able to extern at several oral surgery programs, further confirming his passion for the specialty. At the completion of dental school, Dr. Tingey was awarded membership into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society. After graduating first in his dental school class in 2012, Dr. Tingey began his residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He served as chief resident from 2015-2016 and completed his residency in 2016. He is an active member of the American Dental Association, the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and the Kansas Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. Dr. Tingey’s professional training and interests cover a wide scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including dental implant surgery, wisdom teeth removal, bone grafting, IV sedation and general anesthesia, orthognathic surgery, surgical management of obstructive sleep apnea, facial trauma, and treatment of benign lesions of the maxillofacial region. He resides in Wichita and enjoys hiking, rock climbing, waterskiing, and spending time with his beautiful wife and family.

John D Gagnon DDS PA

• Guardian
  • HealthPartners
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Tingey

This content was provided by Dr. Tingey "We promise to provide our patients with the ultimate care in Oral Surgery. This includes delivering the highest quality of technical care and treating our patients with respect, courtesy, and compassion."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Root Canal
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2012
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Tingey has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Tingey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tingey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tingey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tingey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tingey to family and friends
Dr. Tingey's Performance
in Wichita, KS |
Could not imagine a better doctor. Thoroughly explain everything from my options to my risk factors, and what to expect post op. This was my first procedure ever, and I felt so at ease. Not only is he great at operating, but his patient care and follow up is hands down the best. I was having concerns about my healing, and even though he was out of the office, he called that evening to ease my concerns, and get me back in to see him. He deserves more than 5 stars.
Wichita, KS |
Dr is fantastic. He did a tongue biopsy on me. During the visit he was both friendly and compassionate. He even called me later that night to see how I was doing. Office staff was also great. Very professional and caring.
in Wichita, KS |
I had my tooth extracted by Dr. Tingey last year and he was wonderful. I had a tooth previously extracted with another Doctor and it was not a good experience. Dr. Tingey was so gentle when removing my tooth, no pain at all and healing afterwards was so much easier than my previous experience. I highly recommend Dr. Tingey, he was just the best!
in Wichita, KS |
Dr. Tingey was so attentive to our son. He was very quick to have us return when my son had any discomfort and checked him out thoroughly. While we were in the office, I felt a little light headed, and even though I was not his patient, he was very aggressive to check my blood pressure and make sure that I was feeling ok before we left. He even called to check on my health that evening! Above and beyond!!
in Wichita, KS |
Dr. was very nice and explained everything. but the insurance staff is very rude, loud and mouthy. I have been trying for 4 months to get this done and it has taken so lone to so called get preapproved, then when another tooth breaks or I have to have pulled because it kept getting infected, they have to start all over. my insurance said they had 7 different clams summited and now the Dr's office wants another one.
in Wichita, KS |
Dr Tingey is a great dental surgeon. I was very nervous during the tooth removal session, he noticed it and calmed me down. He did a great job on me. The tooth removal was in the afternoon and it stopped bleeding in the late afternoon. By the second day, I don't need any pain medication and go back to work as normal. I have no hesitation to recommend Dr Tingey to friends and family who need dental work from a dental surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Tingey, DDS?

Visit Dr. Tingey